EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Help for reinstall and Custom UI now not working please

First, I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but I did searches, I browsed the help forum, and even though people had similar problems, either no one responded with a fix, or the suggested fix did not work for me.

I did a reinstall of EQ2 today (from the TSO discs, not SF discs) as I was trying to change my UI from Profit to Darq, trying everything to get Darq to work, and Profit to stop, and messed everything up.

So I figured a fresh reinstall of EQ2 would be the best idea. I run Win7 64bit, and so the game installed to the Program Files (x86) folder (and not to ProgramData - I checked). I also double checked the path of the application icon to make sure it was in the same location.

I logged into the game without any UI installed, as I wanted to both look at the new UI (I hadnt seen the SF update - Ive always used Profit), and to make sure the installtion worked, and setup the performance, size, windows mode, etc under Options.

I then logged out, deleted that characters profile, then installed Darq, following its instructions. It was still the standard UI. I logged out, went to delete the eq2.ini file but couldn't find one, I deleted the char file again, ran the Darq exe file again, making sure the path was correct as per the instructions, but still no go.

I deleted the Darq folder under UI, deleted several config files under the Everquest 2 folder that had eq2 in front of it and relaunched EQ2. Once it patched, I closed it down and didnt go ingame, but it did not patch an eq2.ini file, that was missing.

I then downloaded the Profit loader, followed all those instructions, but still no go.

Rinse repeat deleting files, and decided to install individual UI chances, so I created a UI folder, put them all in, created an eq2.ini file (following the instructions on this site under the FAQ section) and I double checked to make sure I did it all correctly as per the FAQ instructions.

But yet again still no go, the EQ2.ini file is there (and yup the one I created), I even tried /loadui Custom (yup its what I named my Custom UI folder under the UI folder) but no changes.

I am now at a complete loss, I have uninstalled and reinstalled new UIs many times prior to the UI changes recently made (to see if any newer ones are better than Profit but so far none are IMO LOL).

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Sher
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

nm almost fixed it - seemed I had to edit eq2_recent.ini as well as eq2.ini to make things almost work