EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default lets compare notes: Fixing the target window

So far i figured out that for the tier indicator and info to work you need to put them in a page called "v0"

The broken con color tho, i am totally lost on. Can we restore it?

Unread 02-17-2005, 09:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Well for what its worth, i have found that the default target and Imp windows are not all lined up right for some reason, I tried to convert my existing windows and use page v0 , v1 but they only worked right when using the new con system, and that seems to resize the whole window ? WTF lol

If you line up existing custom target pieces ect and put then in a page called v0, it seems to shrink the window in game.

Only thing I have managed to do is change the frame and get it to work lol, but there has been like 4 zone crashes in TS whilst I was working on this, so I think there is some heavy bugs in some of this new code anyway.
Unread 02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

I'm restarting from stratch.
Unread 02-17-2005, 09:51 PM
A Griffon

i've got my own unreleased thing going on, and i havent seen the window resize. The teir thingy use to center itself, now its left aligned

does starting from scratch make the con color work?

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:14 PM
aka Mook

About to find out.
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:24 PM
A Griffon

My (unreleased) target window was easy to convert. The size of the v0 page adjusts the size the window is resized to once in game (and using the old style target window), but I didn't calculate the exact relation between v0 size and main window size, I just took screenshots, figured out how many pixels shorter/skinnier I needed and changed the v0 size accordingly.

No screenshot (because this is mainly a posting my-code-sort of post) but here's some ugly ascii art of my window:
Code:
O-------------O
|     ^^^     |
|Target's Name|
| =========== |
|Heroic   100%|
| =========== |
|Lvl 0    100%|
O-------------O
Quib
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (8.4 KB, 331 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:25 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

I've been toying with this myself. If you make modifications directly to the v0 page, and set your UI to use the old con system the con colors will work. I've moved things around and gotten tierindicator back in the right spot. I've been trying to get it too look like Mooks (which was awesome) but the Health and Power bars don't want to work. It also won't show the power percent or bar. They made a mess of the window
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Server: Antonia Bayle

Still having the new-style resize problem that a bunch of you seem to be, but I've got health and power bars and percents, as well as info, level, and tier working correctly. Still need to replace the new-style tier indicators (which is why I haven't released yet) since they aren't great for 4x width.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (9.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: dds target_frame.dds (11.1 KB, 247 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:36 PM
aka Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyr
I've been toying with this myself. If you make modifications directly to the v0 page, and set your UI to use the old con system the con colors will work. I've moved things around and gotten tierindicator back in the right spot. I've been trying to get it too look like Mooks (which was awesome) but the Health and Power bars don't want to work. It also won't show the power percent or bar. They made a mess of the window
MookHUD will be working by the end of the day.

Tip for everyone: The new difficulty graphics have AutoSize="true". I believe that controls the window resizing, except for the part where it shrinks to just the name when you target a non-attackable NPC. Edit: You can fix that by setting MinimumSize and MaximumSize on the window.

Update: MookHUD is working and has been resubmitted.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 02-17-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:41 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
MookHUD will be working by the end of the day.
Best news I've had today
Unread 02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Default Here is my new target window

This works after the patch as of yesterday WITH the OLD system. I haven't even tested it with the new less info simpleton system. =)

I put TargetName, TierIndicator, Group and Class all within v0 and it worked like a charm. After I get implied target fixed and tested I'll be updating my mod.

/edit OOPS wrong file - should be fixed now.

Last edited by sunthas : 02-18-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:38 PM
A Griffon

Something funny going on lol

With the target and implied target windows now, they seem to be linked ?

I lost the teir indicator from my window for no reason when it was working...
after messing about for hours, still no luck in getting it back ... so I put in the default target and implied target xml files into the custom UI and yes they work in game BUT when I go to the UI builder to have a closer look at them all I can find is a target window in there and the implied one I just seen in game does not exist in the UI builder root but the file still resides in the folder ... also the target xml file has doubled in size but no implied target info in there to justify its size increase and the lack of a implied window in the UI builder?

Anybody else seen this happen?

Or know wtf is going on here lol , I learnt from the close button on the chat window thanks to Deathbane but, that trick dont sort this one out even,

Or am I just looking at it from a to complicated view point and missing what is plain to see lol
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:14 PM
A Griffon

Default meet my friends: , . =)

kinda rough with no puctuation at all, but i have an implied target window in the ui builder....

Unread 02-18-2005, 11:52 PM
A Griffon

lol sorry about the punctuation, But this is not a grammer question .. and I would like to add that I am dyslexic to a degree, and I know that bad spelling / grammer / punctuation , on any programing sites gives you zero respect real fast !! .... I thought this board was different? ,

Yes I can spend time running spell checks etc on all my posts , but why? I am more interested in getting stuff working and finding out as to how and why it works rather than spelling and grammer and my ideas / problems reel off like a massive chain of thought and I type it in that way, and try to punct etc, lol, but as above

I wont go into my programing history, or even say who I am as that means nothing now,

So back on topic you have a implied target window in your UI builder
Q : Have you edited Target or Implied target in the UI builder siince the last patch?, ... as I have and the implied one seems to dissapear, even by copying over the default , and editing it...

P.s sorry to sound off Insom, But you hit a nerve there, I was going to delete what I said , but I am a man of my word and honesty plays a big part of that, so much better you see my reaction, rather than hide it ...
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:22 AM
A Griffon

My implied disappeared too and I did what you did. Cant bring it up in any way/shape or form... I started from scratch and remade both Implied and target... lets see how I did :P Be back later

-Selae
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

It was just hard to understand is all.

yeah i've edited the implied window before and after the patch, and its still there. I would check and make sure its in your mainhud.xml, And, of couse, double check to make sure its not just buried under all the other windows .

its gotta be your mainhud, copying over the default file kills pretty much every other possiblity...

Unread 02-19-2005, 02:31 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

A few notes on this window after whipping mine into shape.

1) v0 and v1 function much like tab pages with the option window setting choosing which is displayed. Objects outside these sub pages will show in both modes (assuming they aren't cropped)

2) When the v1 option is selected, the entire window is dynamically resized to minimum height and width required to contain visible objects within v1 with names from the following list. A small margin is included. Objects with different names seam to be ignored when window size is figured.

- HealthPage
- Name
- Info
- WeakTier
- AverageTier
- HeroicTier
- Heroic+Tier
- EpicTier
- Raid4
- Raid3
- Raid2

3) The source rectangle for the various Tier/Raid graphics vary in size and hidden objects are ignored in the resize calc, so window size changes depending on what's shown. Setting all these graphics to the same source rectangle size should help keep the window a consistant size, but there's still an issue when none of them are shown.

4) Dummy objects named "Name" or "Info" can be used to restrict sizing. Make an empty page with either of those names, size and position it to whatever you want as your minimum window size. Probably want it to have absorbsInput=false.

5) Setting v1 or the Target window minimum and maximum sizes can also stabalize window size.

6) Con color seamed to work fine for me. It's passed by the DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Name" object on the 0004 filter.

7) v0 shouldn't dynamically resize. At least it didn't in my version.
Unread 02-19-2005, 07:08 AM
A Griffon

Oks, kind of went through all that at different stages,

Thanks for the info on the "Dummy objects" will give that a try.

Only files I took out of the default folder was the target.xml and impliedtarget.xml and replaced those with the custom one's that were not working in the custom UI folder.

Also I expected it to be burried and when I couldnt find it I had a closer look in the root and no refrence to the file was there,

But in the folder itself it is there,

So what I have had to do is copy the target window and rename it, and rename the pieces in there that need to be. And this time the UI builder has saved the file with the correct info and size.

All very strange, But hopefully I can make some progress now lol

Quote:
It was just hard to understand is all.
Having read back through my post /agree it dont make a lot of sense to me either today lol

Yesterday was not a good day at all, in all respects

Last edited by Laffs : 02-19-2005 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Didn't make much sense either lol
Unread 02-20-2005, 05:36 AM
aka Mook

Note:

With the new con system, you may no longer be able to Inspect and WhoTarget by right-clicking the target window like you used to be able to.

I added AbsorbsInput="false" and GetsInput="false" to the v0 and v1 pages, and it fixed the issue. AbsorbsInput would probably have worked just fine, but I just prefer using two grenades.
Unread 02-20-2005, 01:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Note:

With the new con system, you may no longer be able to Inspect and WhoTarget by right-clicking the target window like you used to be able to.

I added AbsorbsInput="false" and GetsInput="false" to the v0 and v1 pages, and it fixed the issue. AbsorbsInput would probably have worked just fine, but I just prefer using two grenades.
You could also set the DynamicData in v0 and v1 to /GameData.Target.Window(or /GameData.ImpliedTarget.Window for implied) and set the DynamicDataFilter to 0000..

That's how I fixed it
Unread 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Beta 1

I really should read the fourm some before I do a mod. lol I had the same problem with resizing and neven know yall had it whiped by the time I released v3 of my target bar. Thanks again Deathbane for the hint.