EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default Stuttering when in group

Not sure if this a DarqUI issue, but you are so knowledgeable, I thought I would ask here.

Whenever, I join a group, no matter if the group members are with me in the same zone or not, my game starts majoring stuttering when I move.

When I mentor anyone it gets extremely bad, almost to the point of being unplayable.

Otherwise, the game runs pretty smooth. Any thoughts?
Unread 06-25-2021, 11:16 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I haven't heard of that problem before, but you can switch to the default UI (/loadui) and see if it happens with that loaded. Has it always done this? Or did something change recently (Windows update, etc.)

Unread 06-27-2021, 08:05 AM
A Forest Scavenger

When I switch to default UI the problem totally goes away. Switch it back to Darqui and the stuttering returns.

It definitely has something to do with being in a group as I mentioned earlier.
Unread 06-27-2021, 10:02 AM
A Griffon

Check for updates with the utility, then scroll down and find Maintained Spell Monitor. Right-click and "use game default." Then restart the game. Does that stop the problem?

Unread 06-28-2021, 04:50 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Yeah, that appears to get rid of the problem, only have slight decrease in FPS, but no real stuttering.

Please dont tell me I can't use the Spell Monitor, that thing is super helpful !!

Any reason why it only happens when I get into groups, even if Im not even in the same zone of my group members?

Thank you
Unread 06-28-2021, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

A while back the developers changed how the game processes spell/buff information in a way that puts stress on the original monitor's listeners. A "lite" version of the DarqUI monitor was developed that uses far fewer resources, and as a result you get a lot less lag with it. The lite version only has basic functions, but it's a good compromise if your computer struggles with the standard version. When you check for updates, click the gear icon and choose Lite.

Unread 06-28-2021, 06:05 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Geesh, what is needed to run the standard version? I have Ryzen processor, with 16GB ram and SSD.
Unread 06-30-2021, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

I think even the best performing PC will still have some hiccups using the standard monitor. The internal game change created a conflict between some overlapping listeners which is where the stutter is coming from.

We did some work with the standard spell monitor on the Patreon site a while back, and the dynamic data listeners in that version have basically been reconfigured from scratch. It keeps all of the standard features with performance about equal to the lite version. I copied the file over here this morning but it failed when I tried to set up a spell, so between that and some window manager changes it still needs to get looked at.