EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Grid Lines on EQ2 map project

Hey guys, I use to use a grid line overlay with eq2map, does that still exist? I can't seem to find it under the map section. And if it does exist still, will it work with fetish? thanks much
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:32 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Can't say for sure since I never actually installed it, but the plugin system hasn't change much. If it was implemented to work properly with skinng, it should work.

I did poke around both places Map related downloads are housed and dic not find this plugin but I do remeber it. Hope you have better luck finding it.
Unread 06-22-2007, 07:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I'm pretty sure Faetyl has all the plugins included in the ThorUI updater. Of course, this will require you to download his autoupdater application, select the plugin within the Features section (to get there, go to the Advanced menu on the updater, and select Options; then click the Features tab). I'm not at home right now, so I can't say for sure where in the list of windows/files it would be, but I believe the map plugins are near the bottom.

To download it, simply check the box next to it, and hit the OK button (which will take you back to the front end of the updater), and hit the Update button. If you do not change the location settings in the Options of where your custom UI folder is prior to downloading the files, I believe the updater will create a thorui subdirectory within the EQII/UI directory by default.

Hope this helps

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Look here about 5 post down or so:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...light=grid+map
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:40 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Map Gridlines

I "extracted" the grid-line plugin for EQ2MAP from the ThorUI distribution.

It is two files:
eq2map/plugin_1.xml - to 'hook' into EQ2MAP
images/icons/map_grid.dds - the actual grid overlay

Unfortunately, the grid lines are not associated with /loc values. They are just labeled '1', '2', '3' and 'A', 'B', 'C', etc. So it is really of no use in-game, which is too bad cause it looks nice on the map.

Somebody familiar with dds files would have to, at the least, re-label the file. However, I do not even know if the current grid lines line up with reasonable /loc values (vis, every 250 or 500).
Unread 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help with that... got it installed from that tacoman post....

It is not that I needed it to correspond with anything, my wife and I play in same office and I get lost all the time. This way she can just tell be d5 and be done with it....
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost

Could I get someone who is familiar with editing xml files to give me a hand incorporating the grid into fetish?

Using the supposedly fetish compatible version of the grid that Taco-Man created way back when (see link Talyns posted earlier in this thread) I got it to work, and I love it.... however replacing plugin_4.xml with his version means doing without the pulldowns for selecting alternate maps within the game.

It seams like you should be able to either merge the lines into the current file, or perhaps use a different plugin. However I dont know how to do that without messing things up.

This is the info in Taco-Man's version of plugin_4.xml - there is also a map_grid.dds file that resides in the \images\icons\ folder.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Enabled="True" GetsInput="false" Location="7,50" Name="TM_Plugin4" Size="438,510" Visible="True">
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" Enabled="True" Location="0,0" Name="Map Grid OVerlay" ScrollExtent="438,510" Size="438,510" SourceRect="0,0,438,510" SourceResource="images/icons/map_grid.dds"/>
</Page>

Last edited by Gedron : 08-02-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Unread 08-03-2007, 01:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sounds like Fetish is already using plugin_4.xml. Find another plugin_?.xml that is not being used (1 KB file only containing a number of buttons) and rename the grid plugin to that.
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:51 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Fetish does indeed use Plugin1 and 4.

Find and replace all references to Plugin4 with Plugin3 in your grid files, then rename the file itself to match.
Unread 08-03-2007, 03:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

I attached the edited XML, however, it still requires the image file from the zip archive.
Attached Files
File Type: xml plugin_3.xml (364 Bytes, 251 views)
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Maybe you guys should put a sticky post up in the EQ2MAP forums registering plugin numbers for specific mods (assuming there are not more mods than current plugin slots, but that might be extended if necessary).