EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 09-06-2018, 02:35 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost
Default Darqui Persona Window

Greetings!

I installed the DarqUI persona window into my ProfitUI interface as per the instructions. I really like the look and would like to use it but there's something wrong with the layout. It looks nothing like the picture and there are no slots showing the bank, etc. Also, the categories on the left are there but blank. I'm including a photo in the hope someone can help me get this set up.

Thanks in advance.

Unread 09-06-2018, 08:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

From the DarqUI folder, copy eq2ui_listboxrow_sidetab_template2.xml to your profit folder.

you should be able to see the text in the list box and icons if in icon view. Not sure what else is wrong, I just did a quick look. Maybe Darqwood can help you better when he gets here

Last edited by Blackhood : 09-06-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 09-07-2018, 05:52 AM
A Griffon

The sidetab file is indeed the right one. You will also need eq2ui_listboxrow_mercenary_template2.xml to use the condensed mercenary list shown here. I'm not sure what you mean about slots showing the bank, etc. Can you describe that a different way?

Unread 09-07-2018, 02:14 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
The sidetab file is indeed the right one. You will also need eq2ui_listboxrow_mercenary_template2.xml to use the condensed mercenary list shown here. I'm not sure what you mean about slots showing the bank, etc. Can you describe that a different way?

Oh yes the mercenary tab is great too, with the pull ability. So much easier. I was looking at the census reference as well, to see what the characters have and such. I'm very impressed! How difficult is it to switch from ProfitUI to DarqUI? Would I just have to change the eq2.ini?
Unread 09-08-2018, 05:37 AM
A Griffon

It's even easier than that. In the DarqUI utility, go to the Files page and click "Make this UI the default." To switch back to ProfitUI, click the same link in the ProfitUI_CE utility. Restart the game and you should be good to go. You can go back to the basic game default by clicking "Stop using this UI as the default" in either utility.

Unread 09-08-2018, 10:57 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
It's even easier than that. In the DarqUI utility, go to the Files page and click "Make this UI the default." To switch back to ProfitUI, click the same link in the ProfitUI_CE utility. Restart the game and you should be good to go. You can go back to the basic game default by clicking "Stop using this UI as the default" in either utility.

Easy as pie! Well, it seemed so on paper. I did the default and checked the ProfitUI Utility just to be sure it wasn't the default, checked the eq2.ini file and all was well. Started the game up and was still in ProfitUI, just as if I had done nothing at all. I did an inventory from the utility just to see if it worked and got an error message, which occurred both in and out of the game:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Default\images\icon_is 19.dds' is denied.

I don't see a way to post the error text in a spoiler box so posting here:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Default\images\icons\icon_is19.dds' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at DarqUI_Unified.DDS_Ops.Fetch_DDS_Partial(Int32 iconnum, String library)
at DarqUI_Unified.InventoryOps.Load_Inventory(Boolean housingonly)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3132.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DarqUI Unified
Assembly Version: 3.1.1.5
Win32 Version: 3.1.1.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Sony/EverQuest%20II/UI/DarqUI_Install/DarqUI%20Unified.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
Unread 09-08-2018, 12:51 PM
A Griffon

Most of that is just telling you what .NET version you have. The interesting part is the path to your game, and the fact that the utility does not have access to that path. The default location for installing the game these days is \Users\Public, which does not limit file access, rather than \Program Files. Try right-clicking the utility and running as administrator, and see if you get a better result.

Unread 09-08-2018, 02:54 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Most of that is just telling you what .NET version you have. The interesting part is the path to your game, and the fact that the utility does not have access to that path. The default location for installing the game these days is \Users\Public, which does not limit file access, rather than \Program Files. Try right-clicking the utility and running as administrator, and see if you get a better result.

Ok I moved everything to the \Users\Public location (the other path was a leftover from being one of the very (ahem) old players heh). I didn't copy any UI over except Default and reinstalled DarqUI, then set it to run as admin. Same issue. i get it right after it loads the mount logo (I assume that's what the little horse is) I have also tried different character and different accounts, then I tried a different computer. Still the same issue. I'm a little stumped right now.
Unread 09-08-2018, 06:59 PM
A Griffon

The one it's hanging up on is the wardrobe icon, which gets displayed right after the mount. That's consistent with the reference to icon_is19.dds in your error message. The mount icon is in a different file, but in the same folder. So it's possible the file access issue is specific only to some of the image files.

Try this: Go to the \UI\Default\images\icons folder and delete icon_is19.dds, then run the EQII patcher and let it re-download the file. Then reopen the utility and see if the wardrobe icon will display.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:25 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
The one it's hanging up on is the wardrobe icon, which gets displayed right after the mount. That's consistent with the reference to icon_is19.dds in your error message. The mount icon is in a different file, but in the same folder. So it's possible the file access issue is specific only to some of the image files.

Try this: Go to the \UI\Default\images\icons folder and delete icon_is19.dds, then run the EQII patcher and let it re-download the file. Then reopen the utility and see if the wardrobe icon will display.

Ok! I deleted that icon and it complained about the next one in line so I deleted the directory and after patching, it's working! Now to get back to setting things up.