EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2Theme Announced!

I am proud to announce that i'm developing EQ2Theme to go with EQ2Map.

EQ2Theme

1. All clutter moved to the bottom of the screen.
2. The ability to view the internet browser with the click of a button.
3. Map Coordinates
4. Extremely Different Design
5. Faction Bar
6. Portrait Design
7. Compatible with EQ2Map
8. New look for the UI

EQ2Map

EQ2Theme is compatible with EQ2Map.

Important Notice

Feel free to give me any suggestions you like about features for this mod.

Update v4.0

Last edited by Tilteri : 05-23-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:08 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

I'm confused.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
I'm confused.
I think we all are.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I think we all are.
Umm okay... let me explain...

I am also developing WoWFeature for World of Warcraft, and also EQ2Feature for EverQuest II, and no i'm not claiming to own EQ2Map as I won't. The thing is that EQ2Theme is going to work in conjunction with EQ2Map, meaning it will add some features to it. And i'm going to pack EQ2Map and
EQ2Theme into one whole mod. I aciddently called it Addon because I had just posted WoWFeature on WoWInterface, so it was an accident. Anyways, I'm going to need permission for doing this with EQ2Map, so I was going to ask, and if I didn't get permission, I would modify this thread. That's all. So don't be confused. What did you think it was?

Oh wait... I get it... I didn't mention the specific features... that's because I didn't want to announce it until later.. sorry...

EDIT: Oh, one other thing... I was thinking of asking to become a part of the EQ2Map Development Team.. because i'd like to help. It'll all get explained later, don't worry.

Last edited by Tilteri : 05-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilteri View Post
Umm okay... let me explain...

I am also developing WoWFeature for World of Warcraft, and also EQ2Feature for EverQuest II, and no i'm not claiming to own EQ2Map as I won't. The thing is that EQ2Theme is going to work in conjunction with EQ2Map, meaning it will add some features to it. And i'm going to pack EQ2Map and
EQ2Theme into one whole mod. I aciddently called it Addon because I had just posted WoWFeature on WoWInterface, so it was an accident. Anyways, I'm going to need permission for doing this with EQ2Map, so I was going to ask, and if I didn't get permission, I would modify this thread. That's all. So don't be confused. What did you think it was?

Oh wait... I get it... I didn't mention the specific features... that's because I didn't want to announce it until later.. sorry...
That's kind of odd. Usually folks announce what they're trying to make hehe. I think what they're confused about is you've announced a name... and that is all. Nothing as to what your UI mod is supposed to do.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
That's kind of odd. Usually folks announce what they're trying to make hehe. I think what they're confused about is you've announced a name... and that is all. Nothing as to what your UI mod is supposed to do.
Yeah, I was going to release that tommorrow, as it's getting kinda late where I am... I spent too much time on the WoWFeature post, so i'll have to work more on this one tommorrow, but i'll work more on it tommorrow, I promise, i'll add that part to the post. Sorry.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, one other thing... I was thinking of asking to become an EQ2Map Developer.. because i'd like to help. It'll all get explained later, don't worry.
lol, you're still doing it all backwards though, ask to be on the EQ2MAP team now and explain later what you actually want to do there.

In all seriousness though, if you want to contribute to EQ2MAP just upload your contributions and if it's something that should be in the core package we'll add it in.

Regarding permission for using EQ2MAP - before we don't know what exactly you want permission for we ... well, it should be obvious.

PS: If you don't work in marketing already you probably should.
Unread 04-30-2010, 08:34 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
With that said, why make a thread announcing an upcoming announcement...?
Unread 05-01-2010, 07:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Talking

Quote:
lol, you're still doing it all backwards though, ask to be on the EQ2MAP team now and explain later what you actually want to do there.

In all seriousness though, if you want to contribute to EQ2MAP just upload your contributions and if it's something that should be in the core package we'll add it in.

Regarding permission for using EQ2MAP - before we don't know what exactly you want permission for we ... well, it should be obvious.

PS: If you don't work in marketing already you probably should.
I guess that's what i'll do, make maps and send in POIs... oh and btw, time for the cool announcement!
Unread 05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Question Weird...

Weird... why do some words come up as links? That doesn't make sense, they aren't supposed to be links...
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
words
Don't get me wrong but is that your WOW mod feature list you just posted? At least much of it does not make any sense to me in the context of the EQ2 UI or you advertise features as new which are already even in the default UI? Or maybe it's just the over the top marketing spin you put on everything, dunno. Guess I'll have to wait for when you actually post the mod to understand what it is really going to be about. If you manage to live up to your language I'll be impressed (and I hope I will be!).

If you want to create maps for EQ2MAP you are very welcome to it, although I suggest you concentrate your efforts on creating missing maps rather than improving existing ones? You can also build a custom updater for EQ2MAP, we have no problem with that as long as it doesn't do any bad things to the server. Also you do not have to be on the EQ2MAP team to modify EQ2MAP on the client side, there are several mods here which do that.

PS: And thanks for asking for permission on EQ2MAP but just stating you're gonna take parts of ProfitUI, lol.
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I'll be more impressed if he can deliver half the things he mentions in here. Seems like he has an idea and has announced just that an idea. Without knowing that some of the things hes planning to my knowledge are doable. Like distance to party members and hmm Reputation? Where we get that game data from :P
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:49 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Don't get me wrong but is that your WOW mod feature list you just posted? At least much of it does not make any sense to me in the context of the EQ2 UI or you advertise features as new which are already even in the default UI? Or maybe it's just the over the top marketing spin you put on everything, dunno. Guess I'll have to wait for when you actually post the mod to understand what it is really going to be about. If you manage to live up to your language I'll be impressed (and I hope I will be!).

If you want to create maps for EQ2MAP you are very welcome to it, although I suggest you concentrate your efforts on creating missing maps rather than improving existing ones? You can also build a custom updater for EQ2MAP, we have no problem with that as long as it doesn't do any bad things to the server. Also you do not have to be on the EQ2MAP team to modify EQ2MAP on the client side, there are several mods here which do that.

PS: And thanks for asking for permission on EQ2MAP but just stating you're gonna take parts of ProfitUI, lol.
I'm not sure whether i'll get all the features in, but I know ALOT of them will be put in... I do know that i'll be trying to get every single feature in, and the only reason I announced every idea I thought of was because I was sure i'd be able to do it, but if I don't get all of it in, i'll get it in at a later date.
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
I'll be more impressed if he can deliver half the things he mentions in here. Seems like he has an idea and has announced just that an idea. Without knowing that some of the things hes planning to my knowledge are doable. Like distance to party members and hmm Reputation? Where we get that game data from :P
It's easy, the reputation can be added to the game files, and I get the info from the reputation that's already on your persona window. Oh, and most of those things will require some additions... but don't worry... it'll be easy. I'm skilled enough to know how to do this. All I have to do is modify a few things and BINGO! You're able to add stuff as well. Don't worry, i'll be able to do it, or at least, i'll try my best.

oh... and btw, to rephrase that, i'm going to do stuff to the files to let stuff be added to the game files through the UI folder. At best, I know i'm going to be able to get the stuff in that has to do with modifying files already in the game. Don't worry.

Last edited by Tilteri : 05-01-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:12 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Like distance to party members and hmm Reputation? Where we get that game data from :P
Relative distance to group members can be done via the group member icons on the map, absolute distance is probably impossible because IIRC you cannot read any value that gives you information on the map zoom level.

Reputation I do not even know what that is (battlegrounds feature?).
Unread 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

reputation is wow's version of faction I believe.
Unread 05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Er, good luck on trying to do all of what you're advertising. I would recommend trying to tackle things on at a time, and even then you may find yourself over your head (heck, that feature list alone is over anyone's head).

If you can do some of the things you say, more power to you, but I think you're going to find EQ2's interface is not nearly as easy to fiddle with as you think.
Unread 05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesc146 View Post
reputation is wow's version of faction I believe.
Wait... I didn't think they called it faction in EQ2... whoops... yeah, faction is another MMO term for reputation. It's the same thing, either way it means the same thing, so it doesn't matter what you call it, but i'll change it. I haven't looked at that window in a long time that's probably why I forgot.

Sorry guys.
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
It's easy, the reputation can be added to the game files, and I get the info from the reputation that's already on your persona window. Oh, and most of those things will require some additions... but don't worry... it'll be easy. I'm skilled enough to know how to do this. All I have to do is modify a few things and BINGO! You're able to add stuff as well. Don't worry, i'll be able to do it, or at least, i'll try my best.

oh... and btw, to rephrase that, i'm going to do stuff to the files to let stuff be added to the game files through the UI folder. At best, I know i'm going to be able to get the stuff in that has to do with modifying files already in the game. Don't worry.
You do realize the only files you will be allowed to modify is the UI files. You are not allowed to modify any other files of the game. So things that are possible to do in WoW are in fact not possible to do here without breaking SoE's EULA
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
You do realize the only files you will be allowed to modify is the UI files. You are not allowed to modify any other files of the game. So things that are possible to do in WoW are in fact not possible to do here without breaking SoE's EULA
Ah... I see... let me change those things then.
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Smile To tell you the truth...

To tell you the truth, i'm kinda new to coding, even though I do have coding skills, i'm just saying that i'm just now learning all of this, although... it's pretty easy to learn.
Unread 05-01-2010, 04:49 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Ugh!

Why ARE those links there? I might have to send in a ticket or SOMETHING to the owners of EQ2Interface, because this is highly annoying.

EDIT: I see... they're supposed to be searches for the words there... that's weird... hmmm...

Last edited by Tilteri : 05-01-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 05-01-2010, 04:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'm not seeing any links in your post, if that's what you're referring to?

I can appreciate the ideas and desire to create new mods for the game, but honestly your whole post and announcement thing was really saying a whole lot about very little

I laughed at gm9's Advertising comment Pretty true!

I hope you can create some nifty mods, but I wouldn't treat it like a blogging adventure or game break-through developmental news until there's actually any work done
Unread 05-01-2010, 05:47 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Why ARE those links there? I might have to send in a ticket or SOMETHING to the owners of EQ2Interface, because this is highly annoying.

EDIT: I see... they're supposed to be searches for the words there... that's weird... hmmm...
Browser toolbars or other malware on your computer. Nothing from this site.
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Browser toolbars or other malware on your computer. Nothing from this site.
nah I get them too its just little things like computer brings up an acroy search or something. And I have no malware or toolbars installed.