EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Rather than having empty windows that serve no purpose I'd rather add events that fire on widgets that want to listen for them, like your example of OnLoaded, etc. But I doubt I'd be able to do this by GU57.
Unread 07-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Rather than having empty windows that serve no purpose I'd rather add events that fire on widgets that want to listen for them, like your example of OnLoaded, etc. But I doubt I'd be able to do this by GU57.
By OnLoaded do you mean the widget would fire that event when it received the DD that was assigned to it? If so that would work just as good.
Unread 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
By OnLoaded do you mean the widget would fire that event when it received the DD that was assigned to it? If so that would work just as good.
No, I meant it would fire when the UI was done loading. I assumed that's what you were talking about.

Dynamic data gets set at a bunch of different times. Sometimes the code initializes it to an empty string before the game server sets the value to something else. There's not a single process that sets all dynamic data.
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Plus you can always use OnTextChanged to catch incoming changes of DynamicData, and you can always use a counter to check how many times it changes to prevent an infinite loop.
Unread 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
No, I meant it would fire when the UI was done loading. I assumed that's what you were talking about.

Dynamic data gets set at a bunch of different times. Sometimes the code initializes it to an empty string before the game server sets the value to something else. There's not a single process that sets all dynamic data.
In that case wouldn't it be easer to just send that single to a gamedata variable and letting us read it with and object that can accepts a true and false states change? They way you said would work but just seems like it would be easer to change a variable then create code to make such an event. I guess if the UI widgets uses an inherent system it wouldn't be that bad to add it one of the base widget.

Last edited by Landiin : 07-30-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

Any chance the default UI will include a auto attack bar? I would love to see that included if possible.
Unread 07-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
Any chance the default UI will include a auto attack bar? I would love to see that included if possible.
Not this GU, will likely be put in a later GU.
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

Is there a way to add it into default for the time without running a custom UI?
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
Is there a way to add it into default for the time without running a custom UI?
since there is no auto attack bar by default you will need to install a custom auto attack bar, sounds logical, no?
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Hey Rothgar, this has bothered me for a while...

Is there any way to add commas to the Status Points prices in merchants?
It's really hard to make out the larger numbers, and we got commas in the personal status number.

Been asking about this over the years for a while, but it's definitely not bug

183627SP hurts my eyes!
183,627SP lets me know it's not a million, and indeed just 100k
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Explicit OnLoaded and OnReloaded events would be great.

A suitable alternative if its less work on your end would be DDs that set the following attributes when applied to a UI Object.

Text = Value
Press = Value
Activate = Value

For OnLoaded, Value is a BOOL initially set to "false" then changed to "true" when the UI has finished loading/rendering.

For OnReloaded, Value is a BOOL initially set to "false" then changed to "true" for 1 standard DD tick. After that tick, it flips back to "false" so its ready to signal another reload.

And of course when the DD values change, they should fire the corresponding event, onTextChanged, onPress, onActivate, onDeactivate.