Unread 11-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau View Post
still have 2 unanswered question here

What is the storyline tab and when do we get the new window go live ?
The storyline tab is not ready for our mortal eyes. As for when the window will go live, I believe it is on track for the expansion.
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Any chance of this having the ability to display a group members quest if it's selected in the same manner from the quest journal?

Also, will it display a timer for when you hit a quest stage that is timed?
Unread 11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Any chance of this having the ability to display a group members quest if it's selected in the same manner from the quest journal

This would be an amazing feature to have!
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:09 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

OK, I realize I'm probably in a *tiny* minority, but I prefer the way the active quest window works now, only showing one quest at a time. I would ask that when you update it, you don't do anything that prevents older versions from still working, because I'll almost certainly want to keep the window as I have it right now instead of using the new one.

I like to keep the active quest window small, which wouldn't be practical if it was trying to display info about multiple quests. More importantly, the active quest window I use is modded so I can click buttons in it to immediately open the in-game browser to a walk-thru for the current quest from Allakhazam or eq2i, and that's actually the *only* functionality of the window I care about, and it's a functionality I use a *lot*.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

The only other thing I can think of that would be nice with these changes is to add a checkbox to the window that you get when someone shares a quest so you can select to immediately set the shared quest as active in the Active Quest Window.
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
The only other thing I can think of that would be nice with these changes is to add a checkbox to the window that you get when someone shares a quest so you can select to immediately set the shared quest as active in the Active Quest Window.
I like that idea. Seeing as pretty much the same as when an NPC offers it to you, I also don't see why we couldn't have a checkbox to make the quest active (or a third button, Accept + Make Active) for all offered quests, not just those from sharing.
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quest data is shared upon grouping correct? You could have a [+] sign show up on active quests you have on your HUD. When the user presses it the progress of your group mates will slide down under it.

A toggle button to wipe out your current quest lists on your HUD and replace it with all the shared quests you have with the group.
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Just make the Group tab have the same check boxes next to the quest names. Shared quests would just show which ones everyone in the group has I believe.

And I don't see how this would break any functionality already in the window, DBurgdorf. If anything you could have buttons on every single quest to have a "look up" function, as long as it's not TOTALLY hard coded.

And it's still only 1 extra click to open the Journal and then have a button in there. That's why I have it in both places in my UI.
Unread 11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
That's why I have [the walk-thru buttons] in both places in my UI.
Actually, now that I've checked, it's your quest journal active window I'm using. I'm using the default main journal now, since it changed to display side-by-side, but I kept your active window because of those incredibly handy walk-thru buttons.

And even though it wouldn't be too difficult to add such buttons to the new expanded active window, my main concern is the fact that it is, well, an *expanded* active window. As I said before, I don't *want* a huge active quest window with an index and with info on multiple quests, as shown in the screenshot that Rothgar provided. I like being able to keep the window fairly small and unobtrusive. To quote you, "it's still only one extra click" to open the actual quest journal if I want info on other quests.

Again, I know I'm probably in a small minority, but I don't particularly want and won't be using (unless I have no choice in the matter) a busier active quest window. Which is why I just wanted to make sure that the coming changes won't invalidate older versions of the window.

-- Darryl
Unread 11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Once you use it, you'll not want the other one trust me. I didn't think I liked it either and longed form my EQ2 active window at 1st. But once I see how useful it is to have the info a glance I've missed it while playing EQ2. Also; if you don't want more then one quest to show then don't pin but one quest.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-17-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Unread 09-05-2010, 04:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would like if you just shameless steal the questhelper from WoW, to be honest...