I will have to dig into the current rev of the EQ2Map files to see how they included the new code and update my stuff appropriately.
Edit: Downloded a fresh copy of stock EQ2Maps and compared to the Fetish versions. The main map file is identical and I see nothing missing or any changes of significance to any files on the ignore list.
Due to the addition of the ignore list, there is no reason to set any files to read only.
It is currently safe to allow the patcher to overwrite MainHUD.Map, though future change to that file from the patcher could cause problems. As usual I recommend preventing this overwrite.
If others are experiencing problems with the ROIs, please let me know and I'll dig deeper, otherwise I'm assuming this was a write protection problem not caused by the UI.
Note: Before posting a problem regarding the map, please do the following.
1) Delete the eq2Maps2 directory from FetishNightfall, normally Sony/Everquest II/UI/FetishNightfall/eq2Maps2. If you recieve any prompts about locked files, that's probably your problem. Unlock files until you can delete the entire directory, then proceed with the steps below.
2) Re-extract the Fetish ZIP directly to the Everquest II directory. When asked if you want to replace files, you can say "No to All".
3) Open your eq2.ini file found in the Everquest II directory and ensure it contains
And no other cl_ui_skinname
3) Run the map updater and click the options button
4) ensure the "UI Directory" menu shows "FetishNightfall". If it doesn't, change it so it does, press "OK", then press "Update".
Now that you have a clean install of the Map, try it out in game to see if the bug persists.