EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Don't give it up !

U may be giving up THe THORUI! ! Please do not say it is so.

What would it take to keep you working it up?, Can't find any UI with better thought out placement, colorization, spacing, or abilities.
The Game would just completely lose its appeal for me if THORUI does not continue! ! ! I'll be the monkey that chases his tail it that will help.
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Keep ThorUI Alive!!!

Here!!! Here!!! The ThorUI is the absolutely best UI I have ever used. Playing EQ1 and EQ2 for over 4 years now and to finally find a UI I can honestly say is my favorite and has been for quite a while. I keep looking at others but they just don't stack up.

With over 100,000 downloads I think the people have spoken... ThorUI ROCKS!!! Now, if everyone pitches in a $1 then you can quit your job and do this full time. Heck! I'll pitch in $10.
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've used this UI since I first got EQ2 over a year ago, and wouldn't imagin using anything else. Please don't drop the program. Let us help, there are plenty of programmers and coders using your product who woulden't mind helping.
Unread 11-16-2006, 12:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would be lost without it!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-16-2006, 02:25 AM
A Brown Bear

I'v just gone through Profit and Fetish, doing a complete install and uninstall. I did this just to be fair but it was no contest. Thor is leaps and bounds above the others. I would be willing to pay to support this fine product. Please reconsider and stay with this, I'm sure there are lots of people that will suport you.

Thanks again for a great interface

roundballone
Unread 11-16-2006, 05:38 AM
A Coastal Crab

I agree wholeheartedly, I spent all last evening playing with different UI's, some of them are downright ridiculous. ThorUI is 10,000 times better than all the rest - and I can't believe how much less I like the game without it

Please, please Faetyl, reconsider... You have such adoring fans out here!!! I know I speak for several friends of mine who all agree. Thor MUST Live! If we can do anything to help, you can count on me to rally the troops. I don't know WHAT we can do, but just ask, we can be very resourceful when desperate

I really hope others who agree post and be heard!

Dawnsy, Lvl 50 Warlock, Kithicor
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Arrow

I'm adding myself to the list of people who would miss ThorUI... Please PLEASE reconsider not having anymore updates, but if you do stop updating it thanks for making it in the first place...

~Gerk
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:09 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

To be fair, you might not want to judge other UIs this soon after a MAJOR update. Most of us are still working on updates.

Faetyl does great work and will be missed if he retires, but seriously, the top 3 UI sets have alot in common. We all share our ideas here. I've been at this longer than anyone and know very well what each has to offer. To say one is 10,000 times better than the others is an exageration and a bit insulting.

Before you make Faetyl feel bad... like he's abandoning you.. or slam someone's work... give it a few days and try the alternatives once they've been updated.

Faetyl has a life. If you can't respect that, maybe you need to get one too

Last edited by Zonx : 11-16-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i would have to say that this is a fine UI and agree with the rest that i would love to see you continue your work with it.

Aesedori lev 70 coj
butcherblock
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:31 AM
A Coastal Crab

Im with the majority here. ThorUI is incredible.... I need my ThorUI !!

Dont give up!!
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Beta 1
Default Great UI

I just wanted to say I have really enjoyed using your UI for quite a while now. I just recently switched to Profit UI since you mentioned them on your auto updater. However it doesn't have some of the great extra features yours had like the volume controls, etc... I also really miss your Thor UI help book that had a list of all the heritage quests, writs, etc.... I doubt there is, but is it possible that I would be able to put those particular features on the profit ui? Sorry if I sound clueless, but well I know very little about UI building and I depend on others to correct and inform me. Thanks again for all your time.
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Qamen, InfoCenter is included in ProfitUI, as well as most other 'sets'. It has all the Heritage and other information you're looking for.

I agree with Zonx. I've bounced from one set to another and even did my own compilation at one time. All authors deserve tons of credit for the time they put into modding. It's all down to personal preference now-a-days because yes, most of them have an aweful lot in common.

You will be missed if you decide to retire from modding, but you'll stick around for a chit chat here and there, yes yes? :-)
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Faetyl, I really appreciate all the work you've done with ThorUI. If you decide to not continue to support the mod, then good luck to you and your endeavors.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

All the UI authors deserve a huge thank you for all the hard work they do in creating and updating their works. IMO the default Interface is so clunky and intrusive that it detracts from the game play.

I have used many different UI's from this site and appreciated all the work and thought that went into them.
As a complete set, Thor UI is fantastic and if he decides to retire he will be missed.

Last edited by Nyght : 11-16-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Unread 11-17-2006, 12:00 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Wink

I absolutely love ThorUI and I am a bit upset with the news that he may be giving it up but I am sure he has his reasons. The UI was very useful, I especially love the Info center. That is my main deal. I must also add that I have used Fetish Nightfall as well and loved it. So you can't knock all until you give them a shot. Like Zonx says, give it a few days, a week maybe, so that the other UI makers can get things situated with the expansion and then make your decision. Don't be so quick to give a list of pleads.

The look of Fetish and the addition of an Info Center would be an answer to my prayers. I am not the most Savvy of UI users so I am not sure if you can add to one UI from another. I'll miss the ThorUI and you did a fantabulous job keeping up with it. I want to give you your props for that. Thank you. I will take your suggestions into serious consideration. You will be missed.
Unread 11-17-2006, 03:50 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Infocenter is already included in Nightfall. Dburgdorf (the originator of Infocenter) was kind enough to adjust some stuff at my request to make it relatively painless to update with the latest info additions from his download page and not disrupt the Nightfall skin.

Like I said, we all share ideas and material. Faetyl's will be missed
Unread 11-17-2006, 12:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I don't personally use any of the compiled mods as I prefer to piece them together myself. However, I believe that the individual pieces benefit from those that develop the larger compiled mods.

Any lose of any mod developer is a lose to the whole community. It will be a shame to see someone like Faetyl leave us. I'm sad to hear this and will be sadder to see it actually happen.

Having said all of that, best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do and thank you for helping to make our mods continually improve.