03-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Join Date: Sep 2007
[Live] Update Notes: Saturday March 16, 2019 "Mischief and Mayhem"
TWO NEW SERVERS
- Event PvP Server
- Each account will only be able to create a single character on Nagafen, so be diligent when deciding on a race and class! And of course, know that with only one character, you will become known for the choices you make and your victories in battle.
- More Info: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-...erver-faq-2019
- This is a PvP server, so the majority of your progression will come from PvP fights. When you defeat an opponent, you will be given an XP reward, with unique kills giving you much more experience than players you have taken down previously. The more you defeat the same player, the less they will be worth. Quest experience will be the next best experience available, with NPC encounter experience rewards being relatively low in comparison.
- You will not have the ability to disable PvP experience rewards.
- PvP combat will be free-for-all and factionless, which means that anyone outside of your group or raid will be considered a hostile target. Every player is a potential target, and every player is a potential group mate, so you'd better learn how to make friends fast.
- Speaking to the Priest of Discord in Freeport and Qeynos will open a PvP leaderboard which will display a sortable list of all pvp leaders.
- Once you have obtained level 15 you will become eligible for PvP bounties, granted by the Priest of Discord in Freeport and Qeynos. These bounties will update when you defeat one of the top 15 PvP leaderboard members of the appropriate type. While on a bounty mission you will have access to the Bounty Tracker inventory item to assist you in tracking down your targets.
Zones and Player Vs. Player Level Range
- "Newbie" zones will have a 4 level PvP range. Zones that are included in the 4 level PvP range are: Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Frostfang Sea, Oakmyst Forest, Outpost of the Overlord, Queen's Colony, The Caves, The Forest Ruins, The Graveyard, The Peat Bog, The Ruins, The Sprawl, The Sunken City, Big Bend, Stonestair Byway, Temple Street, Beggar's Court, Longshadow Alley, Scale Yard, Nettleville, Starcrest Commune, Graystone Yard, Castleview Hamlet, The Willow Wood, and The Baubbleshire. Normal zones will have an 8 level PvP range and zones intended for level 40+ will have an unlimited PvP range. The only non-PvP zones will be Freeport and Qeynos. All other zones are open for business.
- Characters that are killed in PvP will drop up to 70% of the coin they are carrying with them. Coin kept in the bank is not affected. There is also a chance that they will drop one of the tradeable items that they are carrying in their bags.
PvP Ability Balance
- PvP specific templates have been created for many spells that are too powerful in their base forms for PvP combat, such as control abilities (charm, fear, etc). These templates are intended to reduce their power to the desired balance of the ability, without removing their desirability entirely.
- Auto-Follow, and Auto-Run will break when hit in PvP combat.