EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-10-2009, 11:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Green and Blue dots POI icons??

Hi,

I have done many complete clean reinstalls and have noticed that there are blue and green dots for a lot of POI icon indicators on my map. The skinnable files are on the ignore list in EQ2 Map updater for your information.

Is this a new feature since GU53 hit or can I return these blue and green dots to the way they were?

Thanks everybody.

Belnor.
Unread 10-11-2009, 02:39 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

The ignore list is relatively new to EQ2Maps but has nothing to do with LU53. The colored dots are actually older than the current rev of EQ2Maps, you're icon files were probably getting overwritten by the patcher.

If you prefer the newer EQ2Maps icons, you can remove
Code:
<File Name="_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml" />
from eq2map_ignorelist.xml

Be aware that this will set all POI icons to stock EQ2Maps and disable the couple additional POI types I added.

I personally found some of new EQ2Map icons less obvious/identifiable than the old fashion simple colored dots from the original EQ2Maps, so I changed them. IMO 100+ little black stick figures don't stand out so well.
Unread 10-12-2009, 03:59 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

Greetings Zonx,

Agreed. I do remember those being from an older map, (been a long time to remember hee hee). It is much easier for me to determine where relevant NPCs are now from the green dots and quest indicators from the blue dots. I love the identification system for the named, and that, above all else is why I am sticking with the current version.

Thanks for the quick replay as always. Hey, I was the person who asked if there was a way to keep track of the named killed. This makes it one step closer to that realization.

Belnor.