EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-05-2005, 03:15 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Default [OCD-Advanced] The Complete OCD Experience!

As some of you know, I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. What that means, is that I am overly obsessive about things looking correctly, as well as perfect width between multiple sides and such like that. So generally, instead of downloading other people's mobs, I look at what they have done, and decide to do them in my own way. I usually just made them myself and never publish them, but a posted a few in the past and people have been messaging me about them. So here are my mods. I am working on skinning the entire interface to the way I do my frames; but I do use my own modified version of MyUI's XP, Target, ImpliedTarget, GroupMembers and Player windows. I really appreciate the research work Deathbane, Zonx and others have done for these mods.

========================
===== THE COMPLETE SET =====
========================

*MAJOR UPDATE as of October 08, 2005: 12:00 AM EST*
LU14 compatible! Lots of changes to many windows. If you are upgrading from an old version... make sure to note that a ton of files have been deleted from this mod. Leaving those old versions up may cause erroneous problems with your UI. Get BeyondCompare and check the changes of files to make sure you dont have any extra pieces.

EQ2Map Project: For the first time ever, OCD-Advanced is compatible with the EQ2Map Project! As with any other fullset mod that edits the map window, there are a few steps you must take to get it working. However, I have done my best to make sure that this is as easy as possible if you use the Map Auto-Updater program. You must NEVER ever update the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file; there is an option in the EQ2Map Project Auto Updater that will ask you if you dont want to update this file. You do NOT want to update this file. If you do, there is a backup to the file in a zip in the directory.

The Complete OCD Experience

This UI has completely slimlined every title-bearing window in the game (which an exception to out of zone screens such as login). This entire UI was made by me with the exception of the group window, casting bars and xp bars. The group window, casting bars and xp bar were created by Wynnd for his 'MyUI' for LU5. My thanks goes out to Deathbane, Zonx and Goldi for their unknowing, yet still contributed effort on these mods.

Last edited by Jaxel : 10-08-2005 at 01:07 AM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:25 AM
A Dragoon Sith

========================
===== INDIVIDUAL PIECES =====
========================

Guild Window
Last updated: October 08, 2005
- Slimlined guild window. The members page no longer spaces out incorrectly if you extend it too big and the notes now extend with them instead of being squished into that tiny little space. I have removed the events page and set them all to the main area in After. I have moved the guild and personal stats into Before and squished them so they dont waste so much space. As well, I have also added numberic values for both experience bars. XX:XX% display for both bars. Confirmed to be working for guild leaders and officers.

Knowledge Window
- A unique look; looks nothing like the SOE version.

Start Button for ALL Characters
- My take on Goldi's Start Button with collapsable sound/video settings. This button has all the features that Goldi's button has, as well as having a slot for ammo of melee characters. If you dont like the ammo slot, you can download the Caster version below.

Tradeskilling Window
Last updated: August 13, 2005
- Slimlined tradeskilling window. Seeing CaffieneBoy's tradeskill mod inspired me to do my own using his method. Think of this as a blend of Mook and CaffieneBoy.

Inventory Window
Last updated: August 07, 2005
- My new inventory window. I used the included inventory status information window and changed a few things around so it all looks better. Since everyone begged me so much for it, I've incorporated a slimlined version of this window as well as a weapon/bag only view. You can toggle between the views by clicking the button on the top left.

Player Window
Last updated: August 02, 2005
- In my constant attempts to get rid of the Wynnd MyUI style and make this mod completely my own... here is the new player window. Do not ask me for the old versions, I will no longer offer them or support them. I made sure that the color bars were well defined. One of the troubles with the MyUI player window was it was hard to get used to the color differences since they werent that different from each other... now they are.

Journal Window
Last updated: July 13, 2005
- Tight, horizontal quest journal. This journal has the collection information tab included in LU10. Also available are walkthroughs for every single heritage quest in the game! As well, it has full information on any writs you can recieve from your town criers and lore quests. LU12 ready.

Large Floating Target Windows
(Small Version) Last updated: July 09, 2005
- My own target window! I felt bad using Wynnd's myUI art, so I decided to make my own based on the EQ2 art instead. I like the new larger version available.

Main Chat with Double Hiding Options
Last updated: July 05, 2005
- There is the new button next to the close button. This button is a quick command to show/hide the input frame. This button is that it WILL NOT save your show/hide settings for each login. The purpose of this button is for quick changing back and forth, not as a permanent change. Now this chat comes with double hiding options. That button mentioned above, will show/hide the input frame, but as I stated, it is not a permanent hide button. Whenever you log, the input frame will return. That is why I have also included the old method of hiding. Going into window settings and selecting "Frame Only" or "None", will permanently hide the input frame.

Compass and Clock
Last updated: July 03, 2005
- This is the best compass/clock mod you have ever seen! This compass and clock mod features its own circular compass designed by myself as well as having location and date information displayed by default. If you onmouseover this mod, you will see the ingame month, day, year and date information. It is important to note that you will have to line up the clock to the compass once everytime you log in by simply mouseovering the compass.

6-Row Bag Window with Stayput
(3/4 Version) Last updated: May 05, 2005
- 6-row style bags with Deathbane's Stayput Technology. 100% and 75% versions available.

Store Window
Last updated: May 05, 2005
- Featuring Quib's Quicksearch function.

Market Window
Last updated: May 05, 2005
- Skimmed vertical market window with JustPressEnter feature. All the options and search controls have been moved to the top instead of the left, this way the window takes up less horizontal room.

Tracking Window
Last updated: May 03, 2005
- Slimlined tracking window with no title. First, I removed the titlebar from the tracking window. There is really no need for it, since you can easily just push OK or CANCEL. As well, because of this, if you hide the background and frame like I do, it removes the empty 20 pixels at the top which block clickthroughs. I also changed the font of the window from TimesNewRoman15 (Zapf15) to Arial14. This means you can fit longer names in a smaller area.

Heroic Oppurtunities
Last updated: April 24, 2005
- What is there to say? Its a different Heroic Oppurtunity window!

If you have any requests for mods and help, I will be happy to oblige within the best of my abilities. I hope to hear your comments, good and bad.

Last edited by Jaxel : 03-24-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:37 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Currently the interface command /loadui works in a sense it loads the custom interface but if you use it your interface will not work correctly. So here are the steps to use for now to load a custom interface and have it work.

Current Install Steps:
  1. Download the complete set or interface piece you wish to use.
  2. Create new folder called "OCD" inside your Everquest II UI directory.
  3. Unzip the xml and dds files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this.
    Should be by default: C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\UI\OCD\*.xml
  4. If you are using single pieces in someone elses complete set, just extract the piece to the custom folder of the other complete set. EQ2 can only use ONE custom UI folder.
  5. Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
    Code:
    cl_ui_skinname OCD
    cl_ui_subdir UI/
  6. Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
  7. Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.

Last edited by Jaxel : 07-05-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi, i'm using a bunch of your pieces, this is refering to the store window. All of a sudden when i log into my home and i have sold vault inventory, My game crashes as the store window pops up and tels me how much coin i've earned.. Any idea what the problem might be with this?? I'm using your newest version.
thanks
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:17 AM
A Griffon

I like the horizontal tradeskill setup. Does the tradeskill window have just press enter technology?
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Kilaer

Very very nice UI
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
A Brown Bear

When I press J to open my journal it crashes everytime other then that its great for me any ideas why?
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

About the Clock and Compass, which truly looks awesome, I would love to be able to see the in-game weekday and month. That feature would make this mod perfect.
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

very nice ui mod! Clean and Easy to read.

4.5/5.0

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Unread 05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Jaxel, the reported crashes sound like a missing font. Just a guess though.

Almost all crashes are due to the client expecting to find a file or an object in the window that isn't there.
Unread 05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Send a message via Yahoo to Kilaer

wont let me download, when will it be back up?
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilaer
same I was just going to download it. I love all the pieces I just cant seem to get the pack maybe updating to fix the possible font issue?
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:19 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricki
Hi, i'm using a bunch of your pieces, this is refering to the store window. All of a sudden when i log into my home and i have sold vault inventory, My game crashes as the store window pops up and tels me how much coin i've earned.. Any idea what the problem might be with this?? I'm using your newest version.
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer81
When I press J to open my journal it crashes everytime other then that its great for me any ideas why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Jaxel, the reported crashes sound like a missing font. Just a guess though.
I am at a loss for these problems. The UI pieces that have been uploaded to the web are the exact same pieces I use myself. The Store and Journal mods have been out for several weeks and I have not heard of any problems with them till now. Infact, I just personally tested both these screens and they work perfectly on my end. This UI uses all default fonts and graphics with the exception of the HO and Compass, so I dont see why there would be any missing files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
I like the horizontal tradeskill setup. Does the tradeskill window have just press enter technology?
No it didnt... but now it does! Awaiting approval from the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrsn
About the Clock and Compass, which truly looks awesome, I would love to be able to see the in-game weekday and month. That feature would make this mod perfect.
Done. Set up for onmouseover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilaer
I just updated the clock/compass and guild window, so it make take a while before you are able to download them again.

Last edited by Jaxel : 05-05-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Just to verify its not just me (I did a clean install of eq just to make sure it wasnt something else) has anyone else had this problem w/ the journal crashing eq2?
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer81
Just to verify its not just me (I did a clean install of eq just to make sure it wasnt something else) has anyone else had this problem w/ the journal crashing eq2?
Just checked it - worked fine for me... Not sure what your problem is.
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Mine works fine, but for some reason I cant talk. I can never enter chat, I have tried making a window always chat here, new window, hitting enter, releasing and rebinding enter, nothing.

anyone know whats up?

EDIT: The mod btw is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, I too have a serious problem with finding the perfect ui because im so damn picky, but you nailed it =D. Now if I could figure out why I cant chat I would be happy ogre

Last edited by Koroshiya : 05-05-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
The chat window text entry area is tied into the titlebar. If you right click and edit your "window settings", if it is on "None" or "Frame Only" instead of "Frame and Titlebar", there will be no text entry bar.

Well I am EXTREMELY picky, which is why I made this UI... and which is probably why you like it.
Thank you very much I though I was going nuts.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
A Brown Bear

If anyone had ideas about my issues please lemme know i just made sure my video and directx were up to date
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

my game also crashes when i press j to open the journal.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Casting Progress bar not showing progress

I've copied some of your peices into and existing UI mob. My question pertains to the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml specifically. I copied it and everything in the images folder and the casting bar shows correctly but when i cast it does not show progress.

Happens with the breath window as well.

THoughts?

--lollygagger
Befallen Server

Last edited by lollygagger : 05-05-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

One last issue I have come across and a couple bug reports that are minor cosmetic things.

Issue #1)

Implied Target window doesnt seem to work (Or is this not a default option for EQ2? I was using a different custom UI before this one). Is there an implied target setting I need to enable? If I highlight someone fighting a m.o.b it only shows my target, and not who he is targeting.

Bug #1)

To Reproduce on my setup:

Click on either the Harvesting or Notes button on the EQ2 button scheme.
Close by hand the windows they open (Harvesting, Notes windows)
Notice the buttons on the EQ2 button bar. They will still show up as being open. If you click on them, they will not instantly open the window, and you have to click 2x to open the item, plus a 3rd if you want them to stop showing up as open.

This is strictly a cosmetic issue but I figured if you didnt notice it might want to know about it. =)

-Thanks for the great UI
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:00 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default help

I can't get to right click any of the windows in this UI to customize at all. ( it is not allowing me to) What am I doing wrong?
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:13 PM
A Brown Bear

i tried deleteing all journal files and it still crashes BUT the default ui works fine and other ui's work fine (i just dont like them) and if i use the default ui and try and use just the OCD journal it doesnt work.. It seems REALLY weird.
Unread 05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
A Dragoon Sith

If you are having problem swith the quest journal, go into the OCD directory
Rename: eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
To: _eq2ui_journals_quest.xml

This will disable my journal. Then run EQ2. If at this point you still cannot open your journal, then the problem is not with the interface itself but your character and it would be time to contact a GM and bug report.

Quote:
i tried deleteing all journal files and it still crashes BUT the default ui works fine and other ui's work fine (i just dont like them) and if i use the default ui and try and use just the OCD journal it doesnt work.. It seems REALLY weird.
I dont know why, but EQ2 is notorious for not working for no reason at all. A friend of mine's character had problems, he could log into his character from any computer except his own. He could log into any character on his computer except his own. He even tried formatting his computer and reinstall EQ2, 3 times and he still couldnt log into his computer. There was no explanation for this and things just didnt work.

In your UI folder there should be a file called ui.log, find out what it says in that. A possibility would be a sound file problem. When you open a journal, it calls up a sound file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya
Implied Target window doesnt seem to work (Or is this not a default option for EQ2? I was using a different custom UI before this one). Is there an implied target setting I need to enable? If I highlight someone fighting a m.o.b it only shows my target, and not who he is targeting.
Implied target only works for groupmembers. If someone is not in your group, implied target will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya
Click on either the Harvesting or Notes button on the EQ2 button scheme.
Close by hand the windows they open (Harvesting, Notes windows)
Notice the buttons on the EQ2 button bar. They will still show up as being open. If you click on them, they will not instantly open the window, and you have to click 2x to open the item, plus a 3rd if you want them to stop showing up as open.
This is actually by Goldi's design. Not a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfire99
I can't get to right click any of the windows in this UI to customize at all. ( it is not allowing me to) What am I doing wrong?
Right clicking windows has nothing to do with UIs, it is part of the built in programming of EQ2. So there is nothing I can do to help you with this.

Last edited by Jaxel : 05-06-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
*MAJOR UPDATE AS OF MAY, 05, 2005: 10:00 PM EST*
It has come to my attention that the windows did not have seperate removable titles. You could not set "Frame Only" or "None" on the windows settings because the pages had no defined background distinguisable between the title and the main information area. I just spent the past 2 hours going through every page and fixing this problem. This is a major update to this skin.

For this update, I did a complete rebuild of the complete set. A virtual snapshot of the UI I use myself (minus the map stuff). Everything is confirmed to be working. If you were having problems with the UI, redownload this version once it gets available from the web and perhaps your problems may magicaly fix themselves.

This fixxed my problem of crashing believe it or not =)