EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-09-2005, 05:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm having an issue with my map. If I press M then again then again the custom map is gone replaced by something like QH or Antonica. Even though I am in Varsoon's or Runnyeye. is this happening for anyone else or is my ui just fubar?
Unread 04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Most of my guild uses the FetishClassic Interface v3.3 with a few added Mods I coupled together with it. We're all getting the same error. I'll go into specific details on what it's doing to help Zonx, or whoever can work on this, narrow it down a little more easily.

During first-glance at the Map, it will show the correct Map with POIs, etc...

It's fine until you zone for the first time, in the new zone, on first-glance, it will show the correct Map with POIs, etc...

Once you close the Map and re-open it in that zone, you will see the previous zone's map, but the POIs are correct.

On each zoning, it will show the correct map once, then re-opening the map will show you the map of the last zone you were in. (i.e. Going from West Commonlands to East Commonlands, it will show West Commonlands)

You can, if using FetishXXX UI, simply use the drop-down menu to bring up the correct map (and the correct POIs should still be there). This is a temporary work-around.

As a side-note: Zonx, any way to have the drop-down menus perhaps be drop-up menus? So they stay inside the actual Map. Not sure if that's causing this, but I too noticed the Map wanting to slide up a few pixels upon each logon, as you mentioned in another post. I was thinking maybe the drop-down menus might be causing that, or perhaps the custom window frame? Because (when I wasn't using Fetish) I had this same problem with EQ2MAP and using the Mook window border, but without the add-on, it was fine for placement.

Added Note: Your previous Map, without the drop-down menus, wasn't sliding up on me.

**Edit: I'm going to ask this, because I've been scared to actually do it... Zonx, is it ok to use EQ2MAP Auto-Updater AFTER a fully successfull (and enjoyable I might add) installation of FetishXXX?

If so, are there any files that need to be replaced after the AutoUpdater for EQ2MAP is used or perhaps special instructions or maybe using Update POIs Only?**

Last edited by Binton : 04-09-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Unread 04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

There appears to be a bug with the dropdown menus, causing the last map to be loaded after zoning for the first time and refreshing the map. I'm working on a fix.

Yes its ok to run the auto-updater. The 3.3 version doesn't use any customized files updated by the updater.

FetishMap 3.3 Hotfix

Last edited by Zonx : 04-10-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Hey, Zonx. I've been using your UI for quite some time now, and I absolutely love it. However, I have one small thing I would like clarification on.

It's in regard to the EXP bar. In the description for your download page, there is a part that says...

Quote:
Experience: Complete reskin. Window is much more configurable. Height resizes to show 1 or both XP bars and spreads bars. Right-click to swap which bar is on top. Added XP, Debt and Vitality percentages with 1 point precision, Adventure and Artisan class labels and lvls. Vitality bars subtly pulse when full. Window now accepts standard option settings. Entire window stretches horizontally with additional ticks added as needed (including 3rd tier ticks every 20th). Minimize/Restore and 100 Ticks/Revert buttons added. Minimum size is significantly smaller than prior Fetish versions.
Now my little question is: Is there a reason for all the little tick marks? They don't really coordinate with the amount of exp you have, and just seem to be there just because. Is there a way I cna make the exp bar have 100 ticks?

When I look at the exp bar, it has the ticks, and I can give it seemingly 100 ticks, but, say my exp was at 20%, the yellow bar wasn't at the 4th 5% mark.

Can you enlighten me on how the exp bar is supposed to be set up? Before, I've just been having it there to show my exp percent, but now I want to have it more like the original, where the ticks and bars actually mean something.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:26 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Well lets see, the default size is 50 ticks, so every minor tick corisponds to 2% exp.

Minimum width is 20 ticks, so each minor corisponds to 5% xp.

There's an expando button in the titlebar with a tooltip that says "100 ticks". Press it and the window sizes to 100 ticks.

As a bonus I've allowed you to stretch the window to whatever size you want, but obviously at that point the tick ratio is up to you.

The bars seam to size apropriately from what I can see. Keep in mind the bubble bar is 1s and 10ths, so 87.6% would show a bubble bar of 76% width.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:27 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Hey Zonx, I'm still not the best at this stuff, is there a way I can make the Inventory Window not close on Esc? I like having it up and compacted for when I want to track my arrows, have bags at-hand, potions, etc... and use Esc a lot to close other windows. If I could lock that sucker in, I think I'll finally have everything exactly how I want it. Hehe.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:42 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ehm... I think adding this to the very first page object will do the trick

Code:
IsCancelButton=true
If that don't do it, I have a more complicated solution. Its possible the above change will stop the window from closing but also prevent any windows below it from respecting ESC. Lemme know how it turns out
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Ehm... I think adding this to the very first page object will do the trick

Code:
IsCancelButton=true
If that don't do it, I have a more complicated solution. Its possible the above change will stop the window from closing but also prevent any windows below it from respecting ESC. Lemme know how it turns out
Edit: Zonx said this would break other stuff, so I'm not even going to tempt you.

Last edited by ger : 04-12-2005 at 07:03 AM.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:59 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Don't change WC_CloseButton, it'll break other stuff.

Changing WC_CloseButton would be part of that more complex solution I mentioned
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Oops. *edits last post so nobody is even tempted to try it*
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:17 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Haha, ger. I appreciate the effort, and normally that would be fine, but since my Inventory doesn't have a titlebar, WC_CloseButton is hidden and being pressed by a visible fake close button.

I prefer to press q hidden default button rather than setting visibile=false when possibile. Less chance of breakage if they change how close works
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Recipie Book bug

Hi, brand new to UI mods. I've installed the mod just fine, however when i go to use the recipies book the Produces box is missing. This is when you examine an item, a produces box should appear and there is nothing, not even the title line for the item produced. I checked with my brothers, and his is fine. Disabled the custome UI, and the box shows up just fine. Trouble is, im not even sure where to look in the UI file for issues Love the UI, just makes Tradeskilling a wee bit difficult to fill orders. Any ideas?

Invidia
Unread 04-12-2005, 09:17 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

See THIS POST in the Nightfall thread on the Examine Recipie issue.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:27 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Zonx, Ger, you guys scare me. :-) Gonna go try out what Zonx mentioned. :-)

Nope, didn't do a bit of difference, still responded to Esc and closed. Tried it with quotes for that to happen. (IsCancelButton="true") because (IsCanceltButton=true) without quotes made it where I couldn't even open the inventory, hehe.

Last edited by Binton : 04-12-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Alright thanks for the informaton Zonx. You said there was a thing for it, but I couldnt' find it. You didn't specify where button was for 100 ticks, so I appreciate the clarification. I didn't think to check the title bar, because I have it off.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

This doesn't really have to do with the mod...but could you tell me how to open the Market window when I'm not at home like in this screenshot:

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/preview.php?id=2881

I know I've heard sometime before now how to do this from someone, but I forgot.

BTW, this is a kickass mod.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Grakkar, SOE fixed that bug, if you try and search it says broker target invalid or something close to that.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-12-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Version 3.4 is available for download.

Version notes

Last edited by Zonx : 04-16-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Unread 04-19-2005, 04:11 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Fetish Themes!

Fetish Nightfall Goth Theme.

Fetish Classic Goth Theme uploaded 1:35 PM PST.
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

SOE patch 7 went live today. Be sure to replace:
eq2ui_mainhud_pet.xml
with
_SOEp7_eq2ui_mainhud_pet.xml
Unread 04-21-2005, 04:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cool Crashing Bug

Zonx.. Thanks for the great mods.. I think you do a fantastic job.. I ran across a bug last night in the 3.4 version. .Not sure if it happened in any other version, because it was a feature I hadn't used before. When using the bags option from the inventory screen, and then it's collapsed into just your ammo box. If I drag ammo over that slot, it crashes.. This is in the detatched screen, not in the inventory screen itself. Hope this is making sense. I use cheep ammo to just pull a creature.. So I tried to swap ammo out, and it crashed me to the desktop, and killed the client. Took me about 10 minutes to get back in..

No biggie, just wanted to let you know.. I only did it the on time last night due to the fact that I was in the middle of an area I didn't want that to happen again!

Thanks,
Sabien
Unread 04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Sab, there's a big red warning in the release notes telling you drag-and-drop on the new bagstrip will crash EQ and to just not even try.
Unread 04-22-2005, 01:01 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Being a somewhat noob to custom UI's Im not sure where to find the new pet xml file you mentioned above. Is it in the Nightfall pack or both the Goth and Nightfall? I cant seem to locate it in the Goth zip
Unread 04-22-2005, 02:36 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

It was included in the 3.4 set. If you extrated everything from that zip, it should be in your Fetish directory near the top of the file list when alpha sorted
Unread 04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Thanks fo your patience Zonx. I love the new Goth set btw. Simply amazing work and far beyond my comprehension lol. Keep it up!