EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-30-2005, 07:33 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default 100 Ticks / Revert Not Working

Dunno what happened. But all of a sudden, on the Experience bar, if I click the 100 ticks button, it does nothing except change so the tooltip reads "revert" or vice versa. The bars do not go down in size as expected.

I tried re-installing the xp bar but that does nothing. I deleted my guild XP bar from the interface, no luck. Here is some funky code for ya.

Code:
<Checkbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" LocalTooltip="100 Ticks" Location="16,0" Name="100Checkbox" OnActivate="parent.MinimizeCheckbox.activated=false
parent.MinimizeCheckbox.checked=false
parent.parent.RevertWin=parent.parent.size
parent.parent.minimumsize=&apos;586,0&apos;
parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;586,16384&apos;
parent.parent.minimumsize=parent.parent.RevertMin
parent.parent.maximumsize=parent.parent.RevertMax
LocalTooltip=&apos;Revert&apos;
" OnDeactivate="parent.parent.Size=parent.parent.RevertWin
LocalTooltip=&apos;100 Ticks&apos;
" Rotation="0.250" ScrollExtent="15,15" Size="15,15" Style="/Fetish.CheckboxStyles.minimize_checkbox" Tooltip="100 Ticks"></Checkbox>
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default Not auto loading clock

Love the Skin, Best ever!

But can I remove the auto load on the clock, I have my own experience bar which shows me all of that info thats in the clock.

How do I remove the clock from my UI?
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

delete it, it's called eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:53 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

Another question for ya Zonix. How do I get rid of the afgadfgadfg in the Community window. so it won't be there when I first load it up
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Open up the community window, look for the line that has local text ="asdasd" and delete the local text= part.
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
A recent test had Dynamic bags working with stay-put feature, so I'll probably release a couple unconventional fills. DynamicBags can completely rearange slots and window sizes for each bag depending on its slot count. So I'll probably do one that fills down 12, then balances 2 columns till 24, then balances 3 columns till 36. 12 slots would be a single column, 14 slots would be 2x7, 30 would be 3x10 for example.
With 66% bags (which is what I use), 18-down is big, but non un-manageable. Perhaps once you get dynamic bags working right, you could make one that is always 2 columns?
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Was tradeskilling last night and noticed that you can't select a recipie with double click. Any chance of a fix for that?
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Problem with Trait window

ok love this UI but ran into a small problem last night when i clicked on the plus to choose my new trait upon reaching lvl 36 there were no choices listed in the window, i had to uninstall to be able to choose it is this a known issue or have i done something wrong?
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Could it be that retrieving Shards from Doors is bugged in your UI?

I missed to check it out yesterday by reseting to standart UI and see if it is realy your UI not giving the option.
Had to petition and GM gave the shard to me i couldnt reach by any means.

Kinda scarry if there are things one cant see due to a moded UI but i reallly dislike the standart Super Large UI SoE gave us.
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

If you have probs with the UI, you can always change your eq2.ini file back by putting default where fetish is. Then you will go to the ugly EQ2 ui to do what you need to do. Then of course, I am sure Zonx will want to hear if the problem IS his UI and not SOE's problem.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydie
everytime I login to the game my persona window is always up, even if it wasn't up when I camped, any idea why?
Open eq2ui_persona.xml in Notepad. On the first line, replace
Code:
OnShow="
with
Code:
Visible="false" OnShow="
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorander
Was tradeskilling last night and noticed that you can't select a recipie with double click. Any chance of a fix for that?
Please elaborate. What is double-click supposed to do?

FYI, we don't have access to double-click events, so I didn't specifically set out to change it
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by realx
Could it be that retrieving Shards from Doors is bugged in your UI?
Anything is possible, but this one sounds unlikely. Unless they changed it, door shard retrieval is a right-click menu operation. Nothing I do affects what items go into the menu, so if its displaying correctly for anything, it should work for everything. Right-click menu seams to be functioning correctly in every test I've done.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearklaaw
ok love this UI but ran into a small problem last night when i clicked on the plus to choose my new trait upon reaching lvl 36 there were no choices listed in the window, i had to uninstall to be able to choose it is this a known issue or have i done something wrong?
This was a known bug with BETA 3, confirmed fixed with full release. Download and install the full release.
Unread 03-31-2005, 10:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Default What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I am new, and more than somewhat confused by most of this stuff....

I dl'd this and follwed the instructions to the letter. but when I went to launch, i got a bunch of black boxes where some of the graphics, like buttons and the clock icon should be. I tried reading the manual, but was still confused, and I don't think this was covered in it.

what am I doing wrong? how can I fix it? please help THANK YOU

~Jumaud
Unread 03-31-2005, 11:12 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Guessing you just dragged everything out of the zip into the Fetish directory rather than Extrating

Extract will place everything in the required subdirectories. Some images go into Fetish/Images, a few things go into eq2map.
Unread 03-31-2005, 11:25 AM
A Brown Bear

No, I extracted them, not cut and pasted, not dragged. Extracted to Fetish folder. Everything just went straight into the Fetish File, and was not put in proper subdirectories. I have a feeling I am going to have to drag and drop correct files into correct subdirectories...bollocks on me

Bloody stupid computer. never does a thing the way it should!!!

would I be correct in assuming if it ends in DDS it should go into the images folder? xcept for icon map 3 or whatever?

I am sorry that this didn't work right for me. I really want it to!! If only I weren't such an idiot about this stuff. Watch my husband will get it right on the first try with his.....grrrrr...

~Jum
Unread 03-31-2005, 12:01 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

The ZIP should actually list subdirectories.

.DDS and .TGA go into Fetish/images except the icon_map3.dds, which goes in Fetish/images/icons

minimap_titel.xml, minimap_window.xml, plugin2.xml and all the window_xxx files go into Fetish/eq2map
Unread 03-31-2005, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hail Zonx, nice work man thank you.

But I believe the market window is bugged. Opening the window in my room the"Buy from this Broker" button and "This broker's commision is 20%" text both show. Not a biggy I don't mind that as the rest of it behaved as expected.

But then I boot from my room to go make a purchase from a broker and when I come back to my room all prices are now displayed with the 20% markup and the "1p to seller, and 20g to broker" test in effect (I only noticed cause MY price showed different)... from my room heh.

Won't let me buy from there but it's still alittle awkward.

Also...
Quote:
Dunno what happened. But all of a sudden, on the Experience bar, if I click the 100 ticks button, it does nothing except change so the tooltip reads "revert" or vice versa. The bars do not go down in size as expected.
I noticed that the "Revert" button reverts to what ever you last scrolled the window to and not the default width. So chances are you manually scrolled it out and now need to reset to your desired point.

Last edited by Rokit : 03-31-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hmm... I'll run a test or 2 on that when I get a chance, but this sounds like a SOE bug. The test text for broker commission actually says 10%, so you're getting some kinda update.

Sounds like the window is getting bad info from the server and/or partially retaining properties from past transactions. Including broker markup on your store items renforces my suspicion. Honestly don't know of anything I could do on my end to cause this behavior.

Edit: Quick test with my seller shows no Broker button or commission while inside her room. Tested Browse Market button, Find It button and /show_window Inventory.Market. Searches behave as expected.

Still possible visiting a Broker bugs the window, but that's almost certainly a SOE bug.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-31-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Thank you Zonx for your help. I will do the switches on the files I hadn't figured out .....much appreciated! now I have a question and maybe it is just me, but why when I try to go to full screen through options, does my EQ2 totally close and I have to restart??? SOE bug? or me being a dummy again? LOL

thanks in advance

~Jum
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokit
I noticed that the "Revert" button reverts to what ever you last scrolled the window to and not the default width. So chances are you manually scrolled it out and now need to reset to your desired point.
Correct. Revert resizes the window to the last size stored before minimize or 100 Ticks is clicked. Window Options + Default Location will restore default size if desired

Its possible that zoning or toggelling the window while in either minimize or 100 ticks state could result in that being used as the revert size.
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumaud
...why when I try to go to full screen through options, does my EQ2 totally close and I have to restart??? SOE bug? or me being a dummy again? LOL
hehe, contrary to vicious rumors, I don't actually work for SOE
For what it's worth, switching from windowed mode to fullscreen using the Game Options window works fine for me. No crash, but that's one of those things likely to be an issue on some systems.

Could be you've got a full screen size picked that your system doesn't like. Maybe try setting it to something else. Whatever your desktop is set to should work. Could also be you're already pushing the limits of your vid card and switching to fullscreen kills it /shrug.

Make Shleprock fix it, that's what men are for
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Market Window

A bit more testing on the market window... should have done this before I posted earlier sorry.

I noticed that after I had opened the window a few more times the other stuff dissapeared. So I ran out and in hitting the broker a few times and it would remain in broker mode for 2 or 3 open/closings of the window.

However that has now stopped happening all together so I'm sure it's a server update issue and not your UI.

Sorry for the false alarm and wasting your time I'll try to be more thorough inthe future
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:51 PM
A Brown Bear

I should have worded that better. What I meant to ask was was I doing something wrong on the interface installation to cause it to not work properly.

But good point about my video card. although it is fairly new and uber, so it could just be my computer :P

Again, thanks for all of your help. I love the interface, and I think soon I may even try some of the add ons! LOL

~Jum