EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 07-24-2011, 12:11 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

I'm working on integrating this into Profit and was wondering if this will work as a stand alone addon.

I can see the spell list window and I can see the tracking window, but when I click edit, it brings up the eq2maps POI editor and I'm not sure why.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by alugilac : 07-24-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Unread 07-24-2011, 02:46 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'll release it as a standalone mod soon. I don't have the time to explain what files, and how to incorporate them as standalone. You'd have to dig through the files and code.
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:49 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Sounds good, thank you for the addon, its great.

I did some testing and found something interesting.

For each spell I casted that my current addon uses that displays the bars we talked about at the start of the thread, I lost 2fps per bar.

that's a lot of loss, so I'm eager to do a change over, so it good to hear a stand alone will come soon.

Thank you!
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

For every extra window on screen you will see a fps decrease, including Icons displaying. It seems to be a dynamic data thing, as well as just how the UI engine runs. The spell timer mods that have the constant color changing code seems to cause a lot more of a performance hit however. So I tried to use a little updating code as possible, while still allowing up to 15 spells to be tracked.
Unread 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there anyway to get timers like these for procs off of adornments? i would love to see how often certain adornments actually proc
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Literally the only spells it can track are those that go into maintained window.
Anything else is currently impossible via the UI.
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok last question for you drumstick any chance you could get the ui so it better fits my 1600 x 900 res?
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymond View Post
ok last question for you drumstick any chance you could get the ui so it better fits my 1600 x 900 res?
There's not too much I can do for varying resolutions. Players that run at super resolutions request bigger windows, and those at smaller resolutions, ask for smaller windows. Without easy ways to scale the UI, I cannot easily code it to adapt. Sorry mate.

I'd suggest hiding things you don't always need, such as minimap, clock, extra chat windows (use tabs instead). Other than that, I'm not too sure.
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
There's not too much I can do for varying resolutions. Players that run at super resolutions request bigger windows, and those at smaller resolutions, ask for smaller windows. Without easy ways to scale the UI, I cannot easily code it to adapt. Sorry mate.

I'd suggest hiding things you don't always need, such as minimap, clock, extra chat windows (use tabs instead). Other than that, I'm not too sure.
I appreciate the help
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Any update on the stand alone version?
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yes, I was away for part of the week. I'll upload it tonight, or tomorrow.
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

This is now available as an individual download:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=5057

Please leave some feedback if you have troubles or even if you install it without a hitch
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:36 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Woot! Thanks! I'll get to installing this asap.
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:15 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Unable to edit spells in spell timer settings window

Hello, sorry to ask probably a newbie question. I am using Profit UI and I downloaded Your Drums standalone Spell Timer add on. I assumed I installed correctly. the spell timer settings window pops up and also the spell timer window shows up too. Just when I click on the Edit button, I get another window popping up with Places of Interests. Could I please get some help to see what I may have done wrong or if u can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thankyou for ur time in reading my post.
p.s. the DrumsUI spell Timer version I downloaded is 2011.8.17 just in case u needed to know.=)
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy002 View Post
Hello, sorry to ask probably a newbie question. I am using Profit UI and I downloaded Your Drums standalone Spell Timer add on. I assumed I installed correctly. the spell timer settings window pops up and also the spell timer window shows up too. Just when I click on the Edit button, I get another window popping up with Places of Interests. Could I please get some help to see what I may have done wrong or if u can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thankyou for ur time in reading my post.
p.s. the DrumsUI spell Timer version I downloaded is 2011.8.17 just in case u needed to know.=)
Make sure the file "eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml" is correctly installed from the zip as well as "eq2map_ignorelist.xml". If you are missing the ignorelist file, EQ2maps will overwrite the file and that will cause your problem to occur.

The mod shares the Point of Interest window to be able to save options, so all files be must extracted to your UI folder. Try installing/unzipping it again.
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM
A Coastal Crab

Might be too much to ask but.. It would be nice if you could select for the spell to use recast timer or effects timer being they are normally longer and would give you a more accurate recast.

Just a Idea
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Can this be used to track wards and the such that folks put on you?
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

No. Only things that show up in the Maintained window.
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there any way that I can track a spell with a version number in it, like "Hunker Down VII"? And this spell for example show up in the Maintained window but not in your Spell Timer Window.
(Or is it only for german not working with the numbers from the "normal" spells.)

Last edited by Aleks05 : 01-21-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks05 View Post
Is there any way that I can track a spell with a version number in it, like "Hunker Down VII"? And this spell for example show up in the Maintained window but not in your Spell Timer Window.
(Or isnt it only for german not working with the numbers from the "normal" spells.)
Non-English characters unfortunately won't work with this UI mod. In English client, you would simply put in: Hunker Down VII in the option.
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, this is sad but anyway thanks for the answer and it looks like non tool/UI-addon can this with german spells. And I use this window nevertheless because it is useful for the AA-Spells or spells without numbers/versions.
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Send a message via AIM to vixyn Send a message via Yahoo to vixyn

Have you tried Luosky's version? http://www.eq2interface.com/download...pellTimer.html

It seems to work well enough for French users, may work for German. Also, I know the comments say it hasn't worked since DoV - I'm not sure why, but it works fine combined with DrumsUI on a Swashbuckler, Brigand, Defiler and Warlock.
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have had to reinstall Drums and have fixed my spell timers so they show on the 'regular' maintained window, but the spell timer window is not displaying. F10 isn't showing it. Help?
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowith View Post
I have had to reinstall Drums and have fixed my spell timers so they show on the 'regular' maintained window, but the spell timer window is not displaying. F10 isn't showing it. Help?
Bring up the DrumsUI Main Menu (The UI button on the Stat Bar).
Under Spell Timer settings in the drop down, make sure it is turned on with the checkbox.
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks, I feel a bit dim. However, the spells I put in don't seem to be saving across sessions. What do I need to do to avoid this?

Thanks