EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-19-2010, 04:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Update Log:
v1.13 - 2010.08.19
- New: Included new graphic file that slightly modifies the "queued spell" pulse to be more visible. Rounded icon borders are untouched.
- Update: Inspect player "show appearance" button now matches the inventory. Also slight tweaks to element sizing/spacing
- Update: Persona window's border changed to be round on to the top as well (to match and keep consistency). Also the tabs at the bottom take up 5 pixels less space.
- Update: New casting bar is now 4-pixels smaller vertically.
- Fix: Tradeskill window now properly displays 6 buttons (update caused only 5 to show during crafting)
- Fix: Tradeskill window will now bypass the "Prepare" page ONLY when hitting the repeat button. This is the cleanest method to allow comissioned crafting to work and allow repeating to be more fluid.
- Fix: Rally Flag and Online texts in the guild window are now properply aligning to the bottom of the window.
- Fix: Fixed a few spacing anomolies on windows with tabs that weren't caught the first time

If you get a message saying a file could not be downloaded on your first run, it's just the eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml being deleted.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Unkown

Hi great ui by the way been useing awhile since GU57 cant get updater to work get this. any ideas

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\Gamer\AppData\Local\Temp\javaws2]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'm not sure specifically, but make sure you're running the updater with administrator rights and/or try redownloading the updater.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Unkown

Well figured it out unchecked keep temp files in java rechecked all is good thanks Drums
Unread 08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.14 - 2010.08.23
- New: Maintained window's icons can now be clicked to cancel maintained buffs. The top 2/3rds is the button (shows a tootlip) and the bottom 1/3rd shows the normal icon tooltip. Alternate version updated, too.
- New: Group window now has a new persistant option to display cures to the bottom of (default) or to the right of group members via the settings window (Pet version not supported).
- New: Now includes Mini-map file which no longer display the N,S,E,W icons.
- Update: The square-bordered icons image file is now included in the /Alternatives/ folder.
- Update: In the Tradeskill window, hitting the "Clear" button will also set your cursor to the input field.
- Fix: Tradeskill window now successfully focuses the reaction buttons for keyboard usage on creation start!
- Fix: Small fix for the Tradeskill window's Create button not reappearing after crafting an item.
- Fix: Inspect player window now properly shows appearance slots.
- Fix: Click-to-cast buttons in the Group window now appear on yourself if you're not in a group and choose to have yourself visible.

If you get a message saying a file could not be downloaded, it's just the eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml being deleted (GU#57 removal)
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.15 - 2010.08.25
- New: Examine windows for items now include the DrumsUI Item Notes feature. Item Notes allow you to save personalized information on a per-item basis. This info is saved locally and is shared between characters. Some notes have come supplied with this feature.
- New: The experience window now has a button function on the left side gem for each bar. XP opens Character window, AA opens AA window, and TSXP opens Tradeskill window.
- Update: Changed the default text in the Group/Raid click to cast buttons to make it more apparent how to edit the "useabilityonplayer" command.
- Update: The Start Button Stat Bar's border has been updated to the rounded corners style.
- Fix: The Start Menu button on the stat bar now only tries to force the menu to appear next to the bar if you are using the most up-to-date DrumsUI experience window.
- Fix: The experience bar's right click menu once again includes normal options (such as disable combat xp, etc).
- Fix: The Faction dropdown in the Persona window once again expands long enough to avoid needing a scrollbar.
Unread 08-28-2010, 03:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Journal: Storyline icons black?

Hello, first a HUGE thank you for your UI, especially the auto-updater! LOVE IT! Everything's working great for me, with one exception:

In the storylines tab in the quest journal, all my icons (the ones that show if you still need the quest, or are done, etc) are gone, just solid black. I loaded the default journal and they all show up fine, load up the custom file again and they are gone. I have done this ignore/unignore thing twice now, just to be sure.

I'm getting old now so it's entirely possible I'm missing something simple. Am I the only one with this issue? Happening on 2 different computers (can try a third later). The last time I used the storylines was maybe a month ago (July 2010). I only noticed the issue this week.

Thanks for any help, and obviously this isn't urgent!
Unread 08-28-2010, 03:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'll check in to it.
I honestly can't say I've used the Storylines feature personally since they've implemented it.
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.16 - 2010.08.29
- Update: The help text when editing Quick Cast/Cure buttons has been updated. Wrapping double quotes around spell names allows use of abilities with apostrophes without relogging first!
- Update: Map icons updated to support the new GU57 "regions of interest" update (Thanks Mysstie!).
- Update: Map icons image file updated to support ROIs, Battlgrounds icons (players and POIs).
- Fix: The group window's "Hide Yourself (F1)" will now properly save. This also fixes hiding/showing yourself with Cures showing to the side of group members.
- Fix: The 2nd "Health Regen" now properly reads "Power Regen" in the persona window.
- Fix: Item Notes now works properly for items with an apostrophe.
- Fix: Closing the Inspect window now resets the window to the Equipment page when inspecting any player afterward.
- Fix: Missing icons in Achievements tab of Journal should be back to normal.
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Looks like the eq2map2\_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml file that the Updater has doesn't contain the "Region of Interest" code. Well, at least it's missing the line that I added to get mine working anyway.

Might double check it.
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Doh
Not sure why it didn't copy over, will have to fix in a bit.
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

File has been added to the updater. I'll include it in the next update for the manual version, as it's not so high on the list as far as "bugs" go, in needing to really update the download again.
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I'll check in to it.
I honestly can't say I've used the Storylines feature personally since they've implemented it.
I don't use the storylines too often myself, but it has come in handy a few times. Thanks for looking, whenever you have a chance. Mostly I'm curious if it's just me having an issue. If it is not just me - well, I'm very patient =) If it IS just me, then you won't have to worry about it at all!
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaara View Post
I don't use the storylines too often myself, but it has come in handy a few times. Thanks for looking, whenever you have a chance. Mostly I'm curious if it's just me having an issue. If it is not just me - well, I'm very patient =) If it IS just me, then you won't have to worry about it at all!
I pushed an update above that attempted to remedy your reported bug. Can you confirm if it's been fixed or not? Thanks!
Unread 08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
File has been added to the updater. I'll include it in the next update for the manual version, as it's not so high on the list as far as "bugs" go, in needing to really update the download again.
Thanks. Just wanted to confirm that I did get the corrected file with the updater. Thanks again for all your great work and effort.
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I pushed an update above that attempted to remedy your reported bug. Can you confirm if it's been fixed or not? Thanks!
Partially fixed - the icons show now, but they all show as "complete" items, rather than as the three different ones (exclamation point, completed, and in progress are the ones I've seen). Close!!
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.17 - 2010.09.26
- Fix: The Start menu button should be working again (Note: The menu opens from wherever your XP bar is located, thanks to Sony code changes).
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Exception Thrown?

I am not sure if this is an updater issue or a Java issue I run the autoupdater today and the normal window pops up but it has the "Exception Thrown!" in the titlebar and a lot of this inside the window:

Exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection

java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error C:\Users\[Myname]\AppData\Roaming\DrumsUI Updater\updater.backup java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users[mynamethatIamnotsharinghere]\AppData\Roaming\DrumsUI Updater\updater.data (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.openConnection(HSQLDB.java:38)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.<init>(HSQLDB.java:29)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.<init>(IO.java:40)
at de.pala.updater.Management.<init>(Management.java:28)
at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:131)
at de.pala.updater.drumsui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I will then close this window then another one pops up with this in it:

Exception thrown while getting variants

java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error C:\Users\[mynameagainimnotpostingonhere]: C:\Users\[Mynameagain]\AppData\Roaming\DrumsUI Updater\updater.data (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.openConnection(HSQLDB.java:38)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.<init>(HSQLDB.java:29)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.<init>(IO.java:40)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...eption(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...Stream(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.IO.Remote.getVariants(Remote.java:54)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.getVariants(IO.java:1121)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.<init>(IO.java:43)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...Client(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...onnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...onnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...Stream(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...rField(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLConnection.getContentEncoding(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.IO.Remote.getVariants(Remote.java:47)
... 13 more

I am assuming this is a Java issue not a Drums issue? I figured I would post this stuff just in case I did somethign wonky or if the game update today did something too? ( <3 the ui btw I swear by it! <333 )

Last edited by audabon : 10-12-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: edited my namez0r!
Unread 10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Guk
Send a message via AIM to JeekFreak Send a message via Yahoo to JeekFreak Send a message via Skype™ to JeekFreak

You need to close any other application using Java, and shutdown the runtiime of your current instance of Java from the Task Manager, then relaunch.

I had the same problem and got it working fine.
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It was odd i had just turned on the computer and was on my broweser only.. checked to see if something was updating in the background and no java anything was on.. rebooted a few times nothing.. but now it worked tonight go figure.. Thanks for the reply tho!
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:17 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.18 - 2010.10.13
- Update: Persona window updated for new GU58 additions. This includes the Mount/Currency tabs, auto-inventory slot, and tradeskill mod stats (found under the Weapon/Misc stats).
- Update: Target & Implied windows now include new GU58 casting bars.
- Fix: Dressing Room/Character window's paperdoll backgrounds are Blue once again. Find and remove the "PaperdollbackgroundColor" in the respected XML files if you want the Red color back.
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:26 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeekFreak View Post
You need to close any other application using Java, and shutdown the runtiime of your current instance of Java from the Task Manager, then relaunch.

I had the same problem and got it working fine.
Having the same problem as Audabon, tried what you suggested and it's still not working

I've even updated Java to make sure I have the current version but still getting this 'exception thrown'.
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

In the updater try: Settings -> Updater -> Reset all settings

That will recreate the settings database in case it broke somehow (and the backup did as well).
Unread 10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Optiopns

Just wanted to let you know something I have found. It appears EQ2 Options menu now has a basic and advanced setting which is toggled by a button in the top right (on the default UI). Buddy of mine checked and it looks like Profit missed this update too.... Thanks for the awesome UI. The programmable (on the move) buttons are invaluable.
Unread 10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Profit does not modify the options window. The button is there.

Silat