EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Cure Finder -- usefulness?

Last night while modding I thought about an idea for a mod for healers in which they could bind a command to a normal macro on their hotbars (ie: /show_window Custom.CureFinder)

This command would trigger a "Cure Finder" utility which could either search just the group or the entire raid for any curable effects and cure the first one it finds (if any exist). Each time you press the button it would go through and do its job to find the next cure and cast it. It would be a fully "manual" process in that it would only be casting 1 cure at a time.

I'm looking for feedback on this idea and if anyone thinks this could be useful. Options could be for toggling Cure Curse on/off, and setting it to cure the just group or entire raid.

Thoughts?
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Last night while modding I thought about an idea for a mod for healers in which they could bind a command to a normal macro on their hotbars (ie: /show_window Custom.CureFinder)

This command would trigger a "Cure Finder" utility which could either search just the group or the entire raid for any curable effects and cure the first one it finds (if any exist). Each time you press the button it would go through and do its job to find the next cure and cast it. It would be a fully "manual" process in that it would only be casting 1 cure at a time.

I'm looking for feedback on this idea and if anyone thinks this could be useful. Options could be for toggling Cure Curse on/off, and setting it to cure the just group or entire raid.

Thoughts?
I'd use it

Silat
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

This sounds very promising, one of the issues with cures i have ran into is when you have a pet class tank (necro for example) knowing when it needs to be cure.

As I play healers (defiler, mystic, warden) cures are very helpful for me

+1
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I have a feeling they're going to add DynamicData and visualization of pets needing cures next expansion.

I'm going to work on this project and see how it works. I'll only be able to test it slightly myself, so I'll make a public beta of it and see how it works for others. Keep an eye out for an upload.
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:23 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Let me know if you need testing help, I can help as much as I can.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I have an initial working beta code finished. It needs some external testing, as I was only able to test it in a small group and 2 person raid
The mod, upon being triggered, will search each detriment type on each group/raid member starting at the top and working down. By default curses are skipped, but can be enabled in the options window. Options allow searching for just group, the whole raid, or both subsequently.

Currently this is only setup for Cure and Cure Curse. Not currently modifiable easily

Nothing is required to make the mod work, except to make a macro and trigger the code for something to cure:
/show_window Custom.DrumsUI_CF

Each time this macro is pressed, it will attempt to find something to cure. Or do nothing if no detrimentals are found.

Zip is attached. Just unzip to your custom UI folder.
Update your eq2ui_custom.xml to include these 2 lines:
Code:
<include>DrumsUI/CureFinder/DrumsUI_CF.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI/CureFinder/DrumsUI_CF_Settings.xml</include>

These are the in-game modifiable options:

They save between sessions, and are character independent.

To access them:
/show_window Custom.DrumsUI_CF_Settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curefinder_setup.png
Views:	4318
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	7657  Click image for larger version

Name:	curefinder_ingame1.png
Views:	4262
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	7659  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DrumsUI_CureFinder_beta2.zip (2.8 KB, 882 views)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-23-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Unread 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Interesting idea. Don't know that I'd necessarily use the basic cure functionality much but the cure curse version could be useful; there's many fights (historically) where any curse must be cured though, so that would be useful there.

Does it currently have an option to work on just curses (and not regular cures)?
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I knew I forgot something. Yeah I wanted to include a "only cure curses" option, too.

I'll append that later on. Should be easy to add to the code.
Unread 01-23-2011, 05:21 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Updated post above with new zip. New option included to Cure only curses that are found.

Currently if you try to click the macro twice quickly, it'll just try to cure the same detrimental twice (queued casting). There's really no way around this coding wise without making things extremely bloated. I figure in this case, queuing just won't be (easily) possible with this idea until something like LUA comes along. Otherwise spamming the button could screw up variables easily, whereas currently spamming is fine, but not gonna help curing things quicker. The code currently runs super quick, and I think it's pretty efficient. 5kb @ 17 lines of XML code.

For now I'm going to leave it as is, and should it be mostly bug free I'll include it in my next update to my full UI.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-23-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Unread 02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I'll be honest, I'm never going to use this and here is why: If you are just pressing a random cure button then you are doing it wrong. There is something better you could be casting and if you should be curing there is a priority list you should be going through on keeping clean.

Do I really care if the coercer is disarmed while the tank, melee dps and MT templar are at the same time? No and cure finder is just going to hit the first person on the list with a det.

(I still love your interface! )
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost
Default Interesting

Could this be modded slightly to watch for a particular cure or dot, and on specific target or target priority?

Just curious as fights such as Maluus Imbued and the like.

Hehe while I am at it has anyone found a workaround for the Necrotic Flashpots yet? would be awesome to be able to use this in conjunction with those.

Interesting ideas here Drum

Mao
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maozem View Post
Could this be modded slightly to watch for a particular cure or dot, and on specific target or target priority?

Just curious as fights such as Maluus Imbued and the like.
Although it'd certainly make those easier, the only info you get through the detriments is the type and quantity of curable detriments (and whether or not an uncurable is present, if no curables are shown). For figuring out which detriment your best bet is still a parser like ACT.
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

This was mainly something to do, just to see if I could do it. Proof of concept I guess.

I agree randomly curing might not always be best, but if your group cure is down, and you'd like to not be using the mouse this could come in handy.
I think if we had the ability to sort the group window so that the tank is slot #1, this would be much more useful.

I wanted to build more on this in the future, but the code is a bit complex. We'll see what happens.
Unread 05-19-2016, 12:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Using for darq

So I was wondering if you are able to use the cure finder with using DarqUi because it doesn't seem to work with the zip file
Unread 05-20-2016, 12:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The zipfile above is pretty out of date I think with fixes or changes. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to just grab what you need. It's been too long since I've actively used or worked on it to recommend instruction.