Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Milquetowst Info Center

From the window's own introductory text:

----- BEGIN QUOTE -----

Welcome to the Milquetowst Info Center, your one-stop in-game EQ2 reference window! Here's what you'll find under the various tabs....

(1) "Misc": Links to useful Web sites, a basic hunting guide, lists of classes, character traits, racial traditions and languages, a breakdown of faction levels, an overview of religion in Norrath, an explanation of heroic opportunities, a list of available mounts (mostly horses), "Game Update" patch notes, the famous "Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier" message from the official EQ2 forums (now completely updated), and finally, a guide to optimizing the game's graphics settings.

(2) "Spells": A complete list of spells and combat arts for every class, along with a list of the "fun" spells available to members of each class.

(3) "Writs": Breakdowns by city and tier of available writs (a.k.a. city tasks), notes about status items, and a list of city faction rewards. (The latter list also appears under the "Houses" tab, since many of the rewards are house items.)

(4) "Quests": An overview of lore and legend quests (a.k.a. creature mastery quests), lists of heritage, signature and access quests, and detailed information about the collection quests available throughout Norrath. (Walk-thrus for some heritage, signature and other important quests can be found here, as well, though in general, for walk-thrus, you're better of consulting Allakhazam's Web site or eq2i.com.)

(5) "Harvest": Complete lists of the items which can be harvested from various zones, as well as an overview of which artisan classes have a use for the various types of harvested material.

(6) "Cookbook": An overview of how food and drink work in Norrath, and complete lists of all provisioner recipes. And for non-provisioners, there's also a handy list of food and drink items with the maximum possible (five-hour) duration.

(7) "Alchemy": Extensive information about potions and poisons.

(8) "Houses": A list of housing prices, a list of furniture items that can help to significantly reduce the status cost of your home, a list of placeable books, a list of house items you can obtain by completing newbie racial quests, some notes about carnivorous houseplants, notes about consignment containers, and lists of guild status and city faction rewards (many of which are house items).

(9) "Socials": A list of all social commands (a.k.a. emotes) in the game, arranged according to which ones are voiced and/or animated. You can have your character perform an emote simply by clicking it on the list.

(10) "Notes": Whatever you want to have available for your own reference while you play, that isn't already included somewhere else, can be added here!

Obviously, no single person can compile the amount of information included in the Info Center single-handedly. I owe an incredible debt of gratitude to the many people and Web sites from which I've stolen -- er, "borrowed" -- information.

As well, of course, many thanks go to all those who are using the Info Center, without whose input it wouldn't be nearly as useful as it has become!

Inevitably, there will be errors and omissions in the data presented here. If you notice anything that needs to be corrected or updated, or think of anything that's not here that really ought to be, then by all means, let me know! You can post suggestions or comments to the "Milquetowst Info Center" forum thread at eq2interface.com, mail them in-game to either Rainbeau or Fayberry on the Permafrost server, or send them via real e-mail to [email protected]. Thanks!

And if you happen to have characters with too much money on the Permafrost server, feel free to send a plat or three to one of my characters!

----- END QUOTE -----

As it says above, if you have any suggestions or comments, post them here!

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

Milquetowst Info Center

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 03-18-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Unread 01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbake2
All I get is a pure black box where the infocenter should be. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you didn't edit the eq2_mainhud.xml file.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I added it to the file, launched EQ2, it didnt work so I checked it again and it has deleted itself.... any suggestions?
Unread 01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I added it to the file, launched EQ2, it didnt work so I checked it again and it has deleted itself.... any suggestions?
Deleted itself? That sounds like you're trying to put it in the default UI folder. All the files, including the modified eq2_mainhud.xml file, need to be in the same custom UI folder.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I wasnt talking about a file deleting itself, I was talking about the entry to the xml file deleting itself. When EQ2 loads it says it had a update and when it updates it removed the addition to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>

To your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

^^ That is what it removes.^^
Unread 01-04-2006, 10:12 PM
A Brown Bear

because you added it to the default xml file instead of to the one in your custom directory most likely.
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I wasnt talking about a file deleting itself, I was talking about the entry to the xml file deleting itself.
I assumed that was what you meant. You're trying to modify the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your default directory. As I said, all the files, including the modified eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, need to be in the same custom UI directory.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Don't see the spells of the Subclasses

Hi!

I like your Mod really but have one problem.

I can see the spells of the Basic-Classes but not of the Sub-Classes.
From every Class I am able to see Level 1 - 20 but the Levels 20 - 60 show nothing but a blank page.

What might be the problem in this case?

Edit:
Now I recognize, the the Notes-Stuff does not work proper too on my site.
Some of my notes are readable, others not.
Is there a limitation for the length?

Last edited by Tharix : 01-05-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:41 AM
A Forest Scavenger

D,
I haven't installed it yet. I will do it tonight when I get home. However, knowing your other works, I can't wait. You've topped yourself with this one. You may not have done the research but it was your foresight to bring it all together. Thank you.
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharix
Now I recognize, the the Notes-Stuff does not work proper too on my site. Some of my notes are readable, others not. Is there a limitation for the length?
If you're talking about the files under the actual "Notes" tab, then the problem you're having probably isn't related to length, as those notes (unless you've edited them yourself) are all just tiny "placeholder" files. But if you're referring more generally to data files in whatever location, well, you might be on to something, though I've had no trouble seeing any of the data myself....

If you could, list out exactly which files you can't see, and then we can check easily to see if in fact they're all the largest files.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
If you could, list out exactly which files you can't see, and then we can check easily to see if in fact they're all the largest files.
-- Darryl
Dear Darryl,

I am talking about the editable files in the /infocenter/notes - folder.

I edited no. 1 - 5.
No. 2 and 5 are readable, the others are not readable what means I see nothing at all when I hit the buttons. (The placeholders you putted into the folder work without problems too)

One thing to mention in this context: I am playing on Innovation, a german server and using a german interface.

Many greetings
Alexa :-)
Unread 01-05-2006, 09:43 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharix
One thing to mention in this context: I am playing on Innovation, a german server and using a german interface.
While it doesn't explain why you can't see the larger spell list files, the fact that you're working in German *may* explain why some of the files you edited yourself aren't showing. Some 'special' characters, if included in a text file, might cause the file not to be read properly.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-05-2006, 10:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Me again:

I checked it out with the US-English-Version and it works great.
No problem with the Notes and everything is shown in the Sub-Classes.

So there must be something within the xml-files that leads to my problem, I think.

Do you have any idea what must be modified to resolve my problem?
Unread 01-05-2006, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Very nice

Curse you for making me rethink my entire mod ! - curses I say !

lol, kidding of course

Thank you for a most excellent Mod - glad to see you back and doing your thing again.

I give this one 5 bananas
Unread 01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Awesome

I've been hanging on to the old Help button mod, but this one is BETTER!

/em hug Milquetowst
Unread 01-05-2006, 12:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos

ok.

ive a little problem

i use ProfitsUI ( http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3948 )

i downloaded ur files, but in profit folder and added that line . . .

so i run eq2.

the info window already shows up in the loading screen.

and when everything is loaded, i cant seem to close it . . .
Unread 01-06-2006, 01:13 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default .....

i am getting a black box where the info center is not sure why i edited the xml file but still get a black box
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include> thats what i put in any ideas
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyl32174
i am getting a black box where the info center is not sure why i edited the xml file but still get a black box
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include> thats what i put in any ideas
Best guess: You edited the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your default UI folder, rather than putting the edited version of the file in your custom UI folder.

I've modified the installation instructions on the download page to clarify things just a bit, as you're not the first to make that mistake.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-07-2006, 07:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Absolutely awesome mod.

Could you post a walk through on how to name the notes tabs in game? I made a ton of notes, and would like to sort them accordingly. IE, how do I change the name of "note01" to say "weaponsmith"?

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer
Could you post a walk through on how to name the notes tabs in game?
It's very easy. In the "infocenter" folder, in the "notes" subfolder, find and open (with your favorite text editor) the "eq2ui_notes_box.xml" file. Change "Note # 1" to whatever you want the first button's label to be, change "Note # 2" to whatever you want the second button's label to be, and so forth. Just make sure not to accidentally change anything else!

-- Darryl

P.S. -- If any of your notes files are things you think others might be interested in, feel free to send them to me for official inclusion!
Unread 01-07-2006, 09:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

im getting that black screen to..heres what i did downloaded the thing put it in my custom ui folder then whent in to my default folder and coped the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file by rightclicking it and hitting copy.I then put that file in my custom ui folder by going in to the file and i hit the right mouse click and then hit paste when i go to rename it eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml it asked me if i want to put that one over the file that comes with the download called eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml.....please help me
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:01 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by athan621
...when i go to rename it eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml....
Um, why are you trying to rename it?

-- Darryl
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

First, unzip the eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml file and the "infocenter" directory into your custom UI folder.

Second, if you don't already have an eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your custom UI folder, copy the one from the default UI folder. Then edit it to include the following line
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>

Please note that you *must* have the modified eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your custom UI folder; if you just edit the file in the default UI folder, it won't work, as the patcher will overwrite it when you load the game!

OK now this is what i did copying what you wrote. first unzip it which is the folder and that file in the download that worked out ok.then the second step says if you dont have a mainhud_infocenter file copy the one from the defalut folder and edit it so it says <include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include> thats what i did then last thing says u must have the edited file in the custom ui folder..i renamed it casue thats what it was telling me.
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by athan621
OK now this is what i did copying what you wrote....
The instructions you copied say *nothing* about renaming any files. The eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml file is the main UI mod file, included in the download. The eq2ui_mainhud.xml file is a key instruction file which tells the game which other files to load.

An edited copy of the latter file (eq2ui_mainhud.xml) needs to be in your custom UI directory, so that the game knows to load the former file (eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml). But you absolutely do *not* want to rename either file, and I honestly have no clue where you even got the idea to try doing so.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Darryl,

no idea concerning my question with the localisation-modification (german)?

If you don't have any idea please tell this too, otherwise I think that you forgot my problem.