EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 06-15-2011, 11:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default DrumsUI Spell Timer add-on

Spell Timer Window

Download Link

This window works like the maintained window, but you can specifically track up to 15 spell names to keep a better eye on what's important. This works like other Spell Timer mods out there, however this one can be edited from within game and saves per-character (15 custom triggers per character). To open the Spell Timer window, you'll need to open the Spell Timer Settings window which is accessed from the DrumsUI Main Menu window.

When editing the Spell Timer settings, you'll be prompted with a pop-up window. The first field is un-editable. The second field is where you input your spell name to be tracked.
Only effects that would normally show up in the Maintained window can be tracked, as that is where the data comes from. Anything that ONLY shows in the Effects/Detrimental window CANNOT be tracked.

A duration bar displays as the buff wears down, becoming more opaque as it gets closer to expiration.

Please post all Feedback and Bug Reports pertaining to the DrumsUI Spell Timer mod in this topic!

Screenshots

Here is an example of the Spell Timer window as well as the Settings window opened up:

And here is the window horizontally minimized as much as possible (duration remaining moves to the icons when sized like this):

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spelltimer_ingame2.jpg
Views:	5302
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	7731  Click image for larger version

Name:	spelltimer_ingame1.png
Views:	4880
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	7744  

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

that looks sweet! Il give it a try

thanks
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

I've been using the modified version of Dragowulfs spell timer for quite some time, and have really loved it. I do not like losing that 10th bar in which you put your spells on that you want tracked, but I do like the bar it puts on the timer that shrinks and turns from green to red as the spell timer runs out. Any chance you can add that into yours?
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I won't be adding the color coded bars, as it extremely lowers frames pers second and performance due to the UI scripting.

I'm probably going to add a static-colored bar however.
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:48 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

That would work fine. Anything that allows you to look for the red on the spell, identify the spell icon and recast quickly as to improve reaction time in raids.

Thank you
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I have an idea of using a bar that will have a stronger opacity as time runs down, so that abilities about to expire would have the bars most visible. I'll experiment and update when finished.
Unread 06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Send a message via MSN to Dhalkar
Default Doesn't save settings

Great addon!

I've however noticed it does not save the settings, once I camp to another character I'll have to configure it all again.

I use the automatic updater, and I only use your UI with a few exceptions (the once I do not use: market, bank-bags,inventory-bags and persona window).

Checked some more:
DrumsUI\POI\drumsui_spelltimer.xml has all my timers in it correcty setup
DrumsUI\SpellTimer\DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml point to above file:
Quote:
<include>POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml</include>
However when I start it doesn't seem to load the spelltimer settings, if I however make a change it does reflect in the file.. It just doesn't seem to load correctly.

Update 2: I deleted the DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml file and ran the updater.
Think I have narrowed it down to a problem when camping to another character. The timer's settings loads correctly and works fine, until you do a /camp another_char then the timer's settings go to "default". If you do a /exit/restart game and login directly to the character it however works fine.

Last edited by Dhalkar : 06-17-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: even more info
Unread 06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I have an idea of using a bar that will have a stronger opacity as time runs down, so that abilities about to expire would have the bars most visible. I'll experiment and update when finished.
This sounds awesomely awesome!

It would be really nice to have the spell amount numbers (ie - ward amounts, triggers) in a spot easier to see and larger text.

Last edited by Qupe : 06-17-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 06-18-2011, 01:58 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Fixes should be incoming soon. Thanks for the feedback.
Unread 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

A few tweaks are on the Updater now. I have not added the durations bars or messed with how big the numbers are etc yet though.

You should be able to switching characters/camp to yourself and have things work as expected now.
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Unless I'm doing something way wrong - which includes me loading up your default UI (from the updater) - I can't get the spell window to appear at all. I didn't have the previous version from yesterday only what was on the updater today.
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

To open the Spell Timer window, you'll need to open the Spell Timer Settings window which is accessed from the DrumsUI Main Menu window. There is a checkbox to toggle it on.
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:44 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Yeah just got it figured out, thanks! I integrated the timer into my UI and used a /show_window command to make it show up.

Did I fudge something on installation or will I need to install the startbutton/statbar to be able to access that menu the intended way?
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

No, I just use the Main Menu window to allow the user a way to open it. I don't like automation of features that won't necessarily be welcomed by everyone using the UI. So I defaulted it to be hidden, and turned on optionally.
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Just wanna say thank you for this..

Its awesome for sure
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Where do I find the "Drums UI Main Menu"? I have been using your UI for years and love it, but was not aware of this. If you mean the one that shows "calendar" "options" "camp" etc, there is no spell timer available on there. What the heck am I missing?

I'm sure it's right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it. I also could not figure out how to show the chat bar in the new chat window until I read comments here... That is how very slow I am. Thank you for any help!
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

OMG Never mind. So sorry to waste your time. I had not realized the word "Menu" was clickable on my stat bar! I only tried clicking the little dot that brings up the window to set the stat bar options.

Wonder what else I'm missing because I didn't know to click there...
Unread 06-21-2011, 02:20 AM
A Grassland Beetle

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000 for the performance increase - had no idea the range-colored bars had that massive of an impact.
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
To open the Spell Timer window, you'll need to open the Spell Timer Settings window which is accessed from the DrumsUI Main Menu window. There is a checkbox to toggle it on.
Ok, what am I missing? I click the "Spell Timer Setting" button and nothing happens.

I'm smarter than a UI .. I swear!
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
A Grove Wisp

Sweet updates Drumstix! Thanks for your work as usual
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

I had the same problem Kyrana. You are missing "includes" for the Spell Timer in your EQ2ui_custom.xml file that is located in your DrumsUI directory. I added these lines to get it to work:

<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST_Window.xml</include>
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veegoo View Post
I had the same problem Kyrana. You are missing "includes" for the Spell Timer in your EQ2ui_custom.xml file that is located in your DrumsUI directory. I added these lines to get it to work:

<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI/SpellTimer/DrumsUI_ST_Window.xml</include>
Thank you, Veegoo. That was the fix I needed - I forgot that I had that particular file on ignore. You made my day =)
Unread 06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Actually all the DrumsUI includes are now located in one new file called:
DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml

So you just need to add the one line.

If you have this included in your eq2ui_custom.xml you can safely modify the file as wanted and ignore it on the updater, as the DrumsUI include file will include all future changes/updates.
Unread 07-11-2011, 03:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

By using opacity for the bars, I've created what mimics color-changing bars. This one shouldn't eat up any more resources than normal though
Also, I changed it so that the amount-remaining text shows larger on the right side. The window's width hasn't changed.

Changes aren't on the updater as of this post, but should be within a day or so.

Screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spelltimer_ingame3.jpg
Views:	4915
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	7741  

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-11-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:44 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Looks pretty awesome!