EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default [DrumsUI] Updater

[DrumsUI] DrumsUI Updater - Support Thread

This topic is for all things related to the DrumsUI Updater.

Drumstix42 no longer is the active developer on this UI. Blackhood has mainly taken over the updates with contributions from others. The Updater has been updated with Blackhood's changes as of Apr 1, 2018.
Please see this topic for their notes and changes:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18226

-

Download the updater here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4965

Please refer to this FAQ page for installation information and configuration:
http://drumstix42.eq2interface.com/p...a=faq&faqid=96

-

If you would like a higher resolution icon for your shorcut, use this:
http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/Updater_Icon_48x48.ico

Preview:

For any further support, please post in this or Blackhood's sticky!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-01-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

New release: Version 1.6 is live on the Updater

Update Log:
v1.6 - 2010.02.25
- Update: Active Quest helper font has been changed to pre-SF font. Window now shows a scrollbar when appropriate.
- Fix: Target/implied window effects shouldn't be overlapping by a few pixels anymore
- Fix: Group window quick buttons no longer display over non-existant group member slots
- Fix: Tradeskill window no longer shows writ timer filler text. It won't show writ timer text at all until SOE can put a fix in.
- Fix: Tracking window con colors are now properly aligned
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:07 AM
A Coastal Crab

hi, umm stupid windows vista doesnt let me run the update or anything without admin permission, running it from an acct with full control of the pc and it still doesnt work.

any clue on how to fix? it doesnt give option to run as admin when i right click either.
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilkin View Post
hi, umm stupid windows vista doesnt let me run the update or anything without admin permission, running it from an acct with full control of the pc and it still doesnt work.

any clue on how to fix? it doesnt give option to run as admin when i right click either.
Try right clicking your desktop shortcut, and go into the Properties. See if you can give it Admin privileges there.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Hi there,
I'm loving the look of your UI here so have one tiny question.. (edit: ok two now lol)

Can I download the updater and let it grab your full UI pack, or do I have to install your UI pack, then run the game via the installer to keep it current? Also will this updater get EQ2Map as well? I remember EQ2Map was used to launch the game, so how does that affect this updater, or vice versa?

Thanks..

Last edited by Wolfhammer : 02-26-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Unread 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhammer View Post
Hi there,
I'm loving the look of your UI here so have one tiny question.. (edit: ok two now lol)

Can I download the updater and let it grab your full UI pack, or do I have to install your UI pack, then run the game via the installer to keep it current? Also will this updater get EQ2Map as well? I remember EQ2Map was used to launch the game, so how does that affect this updater, or vice versa?

Thanks..
You can use this Updater both before or after you manually install my full ui! It'll grab any files your missing, or simply install it for you. And after that it'll keep it updated
As far as EQ2maps goes, it is fully compatible with my UI. I would recommend installing my UI first and then EQ2map, but after that it doesn't matter which one you patch first.

If you go to Settings -> File paths, you can set an application to launch after update, which you could set as eq2maps. Then from eq2maps you can launch EQ2 itself.

Cheers, hope that helps.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You can use this Updater both before or after you manually install my full ui! It'll grab any files your missing, or simply install it for you. And after that it'll keep it updated
As far as EQ2maps goes, it is fully compatible with my UI. I would recommend installing my UI first and then EQ2map, but after that it doesn't matter which one you patch first.

If you go to Settings -> File paths, you can set an application to launch after update, which you could set as eq2maps. Then from eq2maps you can launch EQ2 itself.

Cheers, hope that helps.
Yeah thanks Drum.. I grabbed it all and installed over the weekend and it all worked perfectly... Great stuff!!
Unread 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.7 is live on the Updater

Update Log:
v1.6 - 2010.03.01
- New: Group window now includes "yourself" as the first group member (F1). Quick Casts/Cures apply the same as they do to the rest of the party.
- New: Group/Raid Settings windows have a few more options to choose from including:
  • Show tooltips on Quick Cast/Cure buttons
  • Display cure button placeholders (transparent icons)
  • Use smart curing (only casts when a debuff counter is found) [This used to be default to always on, now it's a choice]
  • The new options will save between sessions, and per-character like the other options do.

- Update: The T9 potions "Focused 'x' Remedy" are now included in the default Potion options for the player window. (thanks to foozlesprite and TalTal)

This update is only available via the Updater atm. I'll either update the manual install shortly, or work on some more features and then update. It's easier to package things for the updater than have to re-package it for manual install.

Cheers!
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.7 Update #1 - 2010.03.04
- Fix: The cure icons in group member slot 1 (yourself) are now showing properly.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-15-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Unread 03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hi. Thanks for the work in bringing this UI to us.

I just wanted to give a warning for those using this updater with CCleaner in Windows XP that you should have it ignore files in "C:\Documents and Settings\"Accountname"\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51" , or it will delete those files making the updater unusable (forcing the need to reinstall). I assume this may be the case for other similar cleaning programs that look into the sun java folder (in "Documents and Settings") as well.

Also, wanted to add that the registry cleaner in CCleaner may find extensions .idx and .lap (that the updater uses) as "Unused File Extensions". I'm not savvy enough to know if that would have an adverse effect on using the updater, but I assume you may want to keep your eye out for this and uncheck any entries in CCleaner (better yet have CCleaner ignore these entries). Again, I can't say anything about other registry managers, but you may want to keep it in mind if you use them with this updater.

In the case files get deleted, a simple reinstall of the updater should fixed the problem.

Last edited by Cybercoco : 03-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the heads up. If you clean out any of these files, a simple re-launch from the web launcher would re-install the updater files. However, you may lose your user-defined settings.
Unread 03-11-2010, 05:40 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
However, you may lose your user-defined settings.
You don't.
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Updater Wont Install

I am running Windows Vista (all updates applied). I have the latest Java installation (confirmed via java.com).

When I press the 'Launch' button on the "Install DrumsUI Updater":
(1) An instance of javaws.exe is started (confirmed via Task Manager)
(2) Nothing happens. In particular, the various pop-ups which the web page says I should see never appear.

My Explorer Tab displaying the "Install DrumsUI Updater" web page can not be closed: I must manually kill the running javaws.exe process (via the Task Manager) before I can close the tab.

The system is acting as if the javaws.exe is blocked waiting for input (which keeps the explorer tab open). But I see no pop-ups, prompts, etc.

Any suggestions?
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Faoj, are you running the updater with Administrator Rights?
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:56 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default Re: Updater Wont Install

Probably not, but how would I do that?

Ie., I have tried running the updater two ways:
(1) Pressing the 'launch' button on the web page (The one that says 'Install DrumsUI Updater', the URL for which is in the updater zip file).
(2) Entering a command via the windows Run window (this command being "javaws http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp").

There is no executable for me to run (that I know of) and neither of (1) or (2) have a way to control whether or not you are administrator.

UPDATE:
(a) I found, in a temporary IE directory, a local copy of drumsui.jnlp. Using that instead of the one from pala.de had don affect.
(b) I set the 'execute as administrator' flag on "javaws.exe". That, too, had no effect - even though I know it was running as administrator because I got a pop-up from windows asking me if I wanted to run the program.

In both cases, the results were the same as before - a copy of javaws.exe in my process list, but apparently blocked (or something), because nothing further happened.

Last edited by Faoj : 03-14-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: new info
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Does installing/launching from the webpage create a shortcut on your desktop? Right click the shortcut and choose to Run With Administrative Rights.
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default Re: Updater Wont Install

Launching from the web page does not create a desktop shortcut.

I press the 'launch button', there is a brief change-of-cursor to indicate 'working', then nothing. There is a javaws process running, and the web page refuses to close.

What does the shortcut point to? I have, as mentioned, tried executing the drunsui.jnlp (via javaws) directly.
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:33 AM
A Griffawn

My shortcut points to

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaws.exe -localfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-3a86428a"
Obviously, your cache location will vary.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
A Nerius Seer

Yes - it does. So, unfortunately, I can not map that into anything on my machine.

I can find (several) Sun/Java/Deployment/cache/6.0 directories, and even a '51' subdir, but the files there are all named with numeric strings.

I will need a file size, maybe a MD5 checksum, to try to identify which one is useful.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:50 AM
A Griffawn

drumsui.zip This contains drumsui.jnlp, which would be the file you download from the updater page. If you have Java correctly installed, you should be able to just double click it. Oh yeah, and Vista sucks
Unread 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.7 Update #2 - 2010.03.15
- New: Edit window for quick cast/cures now has "Default" button which can be used to revert to the default DrumsUI settings for that button (useful for upgrading your potion cure buttons )
- Update: Stat Bar formatting fixed in several areas (decimal numbers needed more space)
- Update: Up-to-date group window with pets is now available
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:57 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.8 - 2010.03.30
- New: You can now hide the quick cast buttons for the Group/Raid window via the settings window
- New: Group member's F2-F6 text now serves as a /follow button for each member
- Update: Raid window overhauled to be smaller in overall size. This change was based off the decrease in size to the default UI raid window. Quick buttons decreased in size by only 2 pixels. HP bars should be slightly thicker now as well.
- Update: Raid window's overall "background" was transformed into 4 backgrounds for each raid group. The window settings opacity still controls this change. It mainly was aimed at removing the extra "black space" around the window.
- Update: Group member's quick cast buttons trimmed down a bit, making more space to click on group members with the mouse
- Fix: Broker window's "Take Coin" button and Sell tab's header sort buttons are now fully clickable
- Fix: The curse icon on "yourself" in the group window is now displaying the proper graphic
- Fix: Clicking the "Enter" key while hovering the group window should no longer trigger one of the quick cast buttons
- Fix: Maintained window icon's "spell amount" slightly increased in width to accomodate larger numbers (wards, etc)
- Fix: Stat bar had several elements widths fixed as noted by several users' feedback
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

I'm trying out your UI and wanted to give some feedback to help the process work more smoothly in the future.

First the certificate at pala.de is expired so when you click on the jnlp you get a couple of warnings. With the recent serious exploit in jnlp it might make some users feel better if this was fixed. I realize it's not under your direct control, but wanted to let you know as it affects the user experience.

On Win7 x64 EQ2 installs, by default, to "C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II" which is a hidden directory structure that Java file i/o can't navigate. The user must open Windows Explorer and search for EverQuest2.exe in order to find the path (or alternatively show hidden folders, do the search, and then manually navigate in the Java folder chooser window).

Anyway, thanks for the work.
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the feedback Fyrion. I have no control of the certificate being expired or not, as you stated.

Kaldran has said in another thread that it's valid, but just expired. He stated there were no free ways of gettin an up-to-date one, but I'll ask him about it.
I know it's a bit strange to get the warning: but rest assured it is legit.

As far as the detection of folders, it's going to be hard for any program to find the correct folders when the user has folders hidden, or just their EQ2 installation in a hidden folder.
But I'll ask about it
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The updater tries to grab the eq2 path from the registry, if it's not there then you will need to manually navigate, but on any OS.