EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-16-2010, 08:26 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Quick Cast Buttons & Cures guide

Quick Cast Buttons & Cures Guide

When editing your quick cast and cures buttons in-game, you'll be prompted with a pop-up window. The first field is un-editable. This is purposefully implemented so you know which edit button you recently clicked and from a developer standpoint makes it easier to make sure things are working correctly.

You'll find a similar description of "guidelines" listed right in the window:
Quote:
- use commands without the slashes (one command per line)
- MYSELF is a variable for your own name
- SELECTED is a variable for group/raid member being casted on
- wrap special characters in single quotes, ie: hello'!!!'
- Spells/abilities with quotes in them require a GAME RESTART after saving but is suggested to use the spell id instead

All of the Quick Cast & Cure buttons save between sessions and are saved by character name, so you can configure all of your toons separately!

Basic examples were included in the Self Cure options, and the Group/Raid buttons included a guideline filler to get each user started.

Basic functions:
  • The buttons are basically fully-functionally command macros. They work like a normal macro would, but you don't need to include the slashes on the commands.
  • All commands should be on separate line
  • Included in the code are 2 variables that you can make use of in any hot button, as many times as you would like
    • MYSELF: This will use your player's name
    • SELECTED: This will use the player's name of the corresponding quick cast/cure button from the Raid or Group windows
    • Make sure to leave a space before and after these variables so that they are read properly!
  • Having separate options set to self cures and raid cures can allow healers, who sometimes cannot cure him or herself, an opportunity to setup a hotkey to annouce they're debuffed

Example Self Cure Curse:
Code:
raid Curse on MYSELF and I cannot cure
gsay Curse on MYSELF and I cannot cure
Example Group/Raid Cure Curse:
Code:
useabilityonplayer SELECTED "Cure Curse"
raid Curing curse on SELECTED
gsay Curing curse on SELECTED

Special Characters
  • Special characters do not play friendly within the XML code
  • You will need to wrap your sentence or spell name in normal ("double") quotes to have them work properly in game
  • Several characters include: ' / * + - > < ( ) ! (not all of these are tested)

Example Quick Cast button:
Code:
useabilityonplayer SELECTED "Ro's Blessing"
gsay I think SELECTED "needs some **help**!! They're going to need a hand or two!"
Output: You tell the party, "I think Drumstix needs some **help**!! They're going to need a hand or two!"

Limitations!
  • Wrap spell names in double quotes, especially spell names with apostrophes.
    • International servers will have trouble using plain text
    • The best alternative to this is to try to find your SPELL ID number for spells/abilities:
      • See this topic for detailed info on finding spell ID numbers.

You no longer have to relog with spells that have single quotes, as the wrapping of double quotes will save you the trouble.

It is a very quick process to edit your buttons in game!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:16 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'll be updating the above guide to reflect this, but I figured out a solution to avoid needing to ever relog with spell names that have an apostrophe in it.

Simply wrap the whole spell name in double quotes and it'll work just fine.
Ex:
useabilityonplayer SELECTED "Garsin's Funeral March"
Unread 12-29-2010, 11:09 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone
Default item use

how exactly would you word item use for another person?...been messing with using necrotic flashpots for the quick cast buttons, but have yet to get it to work.
Unread 12-30-2010, 03:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester0770 View Post
how exactly would you word item use for another person?...been messing with using necrotic flashpots for the quick cast buttons, but have yet to get it to work.
This has been asked in a few others threads, but items cannot be directly casted on another player. You will always have to first target them.

But basically:
target SELECTED
use_itemvdl -661875382
Some will agree that targeting and casting will sometimes be undependable due to server lag but there isn't much you can do there. Would just have to resort to clicking it more than once if the cure isn't successful the first time.
Unread 12-31-2010, 11:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

thx i was doing that until i got a reply on how to do it like a spell but since that isn't possible i guess it was right.....thx for the fast response
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Qtn regarding item command

Hi,

I have been a fan of your work and it's amazing! Keep it up!

Just a quick qtn regarding the commanding setting for potion.

How do I add:
\aITEM 99234158 1476826067:Focused Arcane Remedy\/a

to: use_itemvdl

in the command settings editor for the self cure?
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmidoll View Post
Hi,

I have been a fan of your work and it's amazing! Keep it up!

Just a quick qtn regarding the commanding setting for potion.

How do I add:
\aITEM 99234158 1476826067:Focused Arcane Remedy\/a

to: use_itemvdl

in the command settings editor for the self cure?
Like this: use_itemvdl 99234158
Unread 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The item_vdl command was default before, but I've updated (my defaults) to sony's new slash commands. A lot easier to use them, since you don't need to fool with item ID numbers for potions.

Just use:
cureplayer MYSELF arcane potion

Or:
cureplayer SELECTED arcane spell

If you are in game you just hit the "Default" button while editing.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-22-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw
Send a message via MSN to ChickenCasual

Ok i simply cant fingure it out

I have made a quick cast button for Jester's Cap.

But what is the command so the person gets a tell when i cast it on him.
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Something like this:
useabilityonplayer SELECTED "Jester's Cap"
tell SELECTED "You have Jester's Cap"
Unread 04-22-2011, 03:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Query

Hi,

I have been a fan of your work and it's an awesome UI!

I am unable to use the self cure button for noxious. The error msg "the item no longer exists or is not in inventory" appears when I tried to use \aITEM -1222056897 -1511728904:Focused Noxious Remedy\/a ,

Tried both numbers but doesn't work:
use_itemvdl 1222056897
use_itemvdl 1511728904

Will appreciate your help on this!
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:06 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It looks like you are missing the negative symol in front of your number. But refer to my reply #8, a few above yours:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...68&postcount=8

Just do the in-game "Default" button method or use the following instead of messing with the numbers:
cureplayer SELF noxious item

*edit* Whoops:
cureplayer SELF noxious potion

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-22-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Unread 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
It looks like you are missing the negative symol in front of your number. But refer to my reply #8, a few above yours:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...68&postcount=8

Just do the in-game "Default" button method or use the following instead of messing with the numbers:
cureplayer SELF noxious item
Sweet, thanks for the help!
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Sorry I meant to type "potion" not "item".
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Journeyman/Adept spells etc

New to EQ2 and Drums but loving the game and this UI layout! One thing I can't figure, with the click to heal buttons I understand that you put the spell name between the appostraphies, i.e "spell name II" etc and the button then casts the spell fine, but if the spell is upgraded to Adept it's still casting the original - I noticed this with my defilers ancient shroud only shielding for the apprentice amount. I've tried using (adept) but then it just doesn't work at all. Sorry if this is really obvious I'm new to it all
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Assigning

Oh and also is there a quick way to assign the spells? A drag 'n' drop kinda thing?
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Sorted

Hi again, sorry for the multiple posts here. In answer to the 1st question I asked it worked properly once I'd relogged, so the issue is sorted
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Good to hear. And, no, currently there is no way to support drag'n'drop. Lets just say I wish it were possible!
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Pets...

Howdy yall,

As a Fury, I am often asked by Conjy and Necros for Animal Form on their Pets to boost the Health for Soul Burn. My Question in is: How can I modify the quick cast buttons to cast Animal Form directly on their Pets and send them a tell about it, with out changing targets??

Thank you for your time,

Mordae
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

As far as I know, it is not possible to cast on a players pet without changing target. I'm also unaware, off hand, of how to target a group member's pet.

You'd probably have to target the group member twice (so that it cycles to pet) and send a tell along with it. Doing the cast in a macro with two target commands probably wouldn't result in dependable outcomes though.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know the slash command in game is /target_group_pet 1
with "1" being the position of the group memeber in the group window. Would there be any way to incorparate that into the script for the Quick Cast buttons??

Thanks for your time

Mordae
Unread 06-08-2011, 12:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I used to have a member number variable, but I dunno if the group pet number would coincide with it. For now you wouldn't be able to do with the click buttons.
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
A Grizzled Badger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well, I didn't see it asked sooooo...

Will there ever be a way to associate the spell's icon with the click button?

I really want to use this UI as it's more friendly then what I use now, but the one I use now allows you to set the icon for the spell.
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Has been asked. Currently would just take a lot of coding to keep adding more icons, and no easy way to just assign an ID to select from all of the available icons. It's very doable, I just don't have the spare time to mess with it atm.
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Valor

I there and thanks for this nice UI but i have one Problem, some spells in my language have some letters like Ä, Ö, Ü. Is there a chance to get it in the Spelltimer or 1,2,3,4,5 buttons? when i use a letter like Ä then this happens:

http://www.abload.de/img/eq2_000089ixvy7.jpg

and it dont works then

I hope u can help me

Greetings
Pharel