EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 08-27-2019, 05:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Freeport
Default GU 111 getting lag from DarqUI?

Several people have posted in EQ2's Discord that 3rd party UIs such as DarqUI is causing lag and the devs even posted an in game message for those that use 3rd party UIs to switch to default for now. Just wondering if you plan on figuring out what is causing the lag. I am using default now but already miss yours!
Unread 08-27-2019, 06:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxdenVixen View Post
Several people have posted in EQ2's Discord that 3rd party UIs such as DarqUI is causing lag and the devs even posted an in game message for those that use 3rd party UIs to switch to default for now. Just wondering if you plan on figuring out what is causing the lag. I am using default now but already miss yours!
Same here, it's like i'm on dial-up it's so bad but working smoothly when I hit /loadui and swap to default. Someone plz fix this the basic UI is Neandrathal.
Unread 08-27-2019, 11:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Not seeing any lag, but unable to loot a chest.
Unread 08-28-2019, 12:23 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adir View Post
Not seeing any lag, but unable to loot a chest.

Open Options (Alt+O) and click the Group Options button. Make sure all of the dropdowns have an option shown. Click Current Group and do the same. Sometimes for unknown reasons the dropdowns will all become blank, which prevents you from looting. This is not a DarqUI thing, it happens with the default UI also.

There has been a recent issue where players cannot loot and the chat window says they are too busy to loot. I believe this is new and unrelated to the above issue, but I don't have a solution.

Unread 08-28-2019, 12:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Default looting

Fortunately, that glitch went away after swapping to another toon and back. I was all set to *shudder* switch to the default ui when I found I could loot it. Saved by the bell! Thanks for the quick reply, in any case.
Unread 08-28-2019, 12:56 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxdenVixen View Post

First let's establish a common reference for what is meant by lag. I am also seeing an issue, which can be reliably demonstrated as follows: Target your character, get into first-person view, and look down at the target ring. Using DarqUI, every one to two seconds the target ring will hiccup. Using the default UI the target ring spins smoothly. In broader gameplay, this translates into the same hiccup, or jitter, every one to two seconds regardless of what you are doing and it is indeed frustrating. You can also see the issue by running in a straight line, or spinning your character around continuously in a circle.

Surprisingly, the hiccup went away when I deleted the Maintained Spell Monitor (eq2ui_mainhud_betamark.xml). You can do this manually, or right-click/delete the file from the list after checking for updates with the utility. None of the default UI files were changed with the recent game update, so it's possible that there was an internal change in the way dynamic data elements are processed which of course I have no control over. Would you mind trying this fix and reporting back with your results?

Aside from offloading customized windows (hopefully just the one file mentioned above), there is not much help I can offer without clarity from the developers about game changes that affect the UI. I am quite certain the current developer team has zero interest in communicating with me, or probably anybody else, about the matter.

Unread 08-28-2019, 01:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post

There has been a recent issue where players cannot loot and the chat window says they are too busy to loot. I believe this is new and unrelated to the above issue, but I don't have a solution.

This is an old bug mostly happening after a crash. It also blocks you from using the broker. Just camp (/camp) wait 2 seconds then get back on your feet and everything should be fine.
Unread 08-28-2019, 03:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Surprisingly, the hiccup went away when I deleted the Maintained Spell Monitor (eq2ui_mainhud_betamark.xml). You can do this manually, or right-click/delete the file from the list after checking for updates with the utility. None of the default UI files were changed with the recent game update, so it's possible that there was an internal change in the way dynamic data elements are processed which of course I have no control over. Would you mind trying this fix and reporting back with your results?
In my setup, I had 3 spell monitors: Darq (not used), Drums (used) and Dragowulf (also used). Just a matter of preference in the appearances.

With all enabled, I was clearly seeing the 2-second interval jitter.

After disabling only the Darq spell monitor (renamed the file), the jitter was reduced significantly.
Also disabling Drums and/or Dragowulf did not make a noticable difference.

Swapping the entire UI to default removed the jitter completely.
Unread 08-28-2019, 06:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Deleting eq2ui_mainhud_betamark.xml fixed it for me.

I rely on the maintained spell window a lot so I hope you'll be able to find the cause of the lag and fix it!
Unread 08-28-2019, 07:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default I found a FIX!!!!

This is not a solution. But until the powers to be can use this information that im sure will help narrow down the problem... It can get all of us around the problem. After many hours (Nearly all night) of deleting this add on in or that add on in Darq and trying to see if it was a specific add on causing the issue i discovered playing the game windowed the lag-hickup was 100% gone. I also had deleted the previous mentioned file in the above mentioned post. Not sure if it was a combination of that and window mode. Im not messing with a thing atm seeing i got this to work now w/o any issues . Hope it helps out!
Unread 08-28-2019, 07:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Freeport

I play in windowed mode all the time. I will delete the file and see if that helps with the lag. I really hate using the default UI.
Unread 08-28-2019, 10:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubek View Post

I rely on the maintained spell window a lot so I hope you'll be able to find the cause of the lag and fix it!
Me too I am lag free again. Until this is fixed, I will check if the maintained monitor of Drum is useable
Unread 08-28-2019, 10:26 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubek View Post

Already working on it. I am also getting some stutter with the ProfitUI and DrumsUI spell timers (the one in ProfitUI is a modified version of DrumsUI), but in both cases the disruption is noticeably reduced. It has a pattern of two smaller jitters close together with more time in between. This is an improvement, and I'm pretty sure I know what's going on now.

The best recourse is to develop an optional "lite" version of the Maintained Spell Monitor, keeping the DarqUI features that don't contribute to the stutter.

In the meantime, you can use the Profit/Drums version shown below. It has no bells, whistles or options at all, but it's much better than nothing. Spells are displayed similar to the "Stacking Tiles" mode in DarqUI. Instructions are included.

Edit: A new Lite version of the DarqUI Maintained Spell Monitor is on the updater now, so I have removed the .zip file. Check for updates with the utility, then use the gear icon next to Maintained Spell Monitor to select Lite. You can choose normal or large size.

Last edited by Darqwood : 08-28-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Unread 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
None of the default UI files were changed with the recent game update
Mounts now level to 20 and we have a new season of familiars... are you sure none of the files changed, boss?
Unread 08-28-2019, 03:54 PM
A Griffon

The only interface file updated since April is one of the map files which is not associated with the lag issue. I'm thinking any Persona window changes to mounts and familiars are being handled server-side.

Unread 08-28-2019, 05:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
First let's establish a common reference for what is meant by lag. I am also seeing an issue, which can be reliably demonstrated as follows: Target your character, get into first-person view, and look down at the target ring. Using DarqUI, every one to two seconds the target ring will hiccup. Using the default UI the target ring spins smoothly. In broader gameplay, this translates into the same hiccup, or jitter, every one to two seconds regardless of what you are doing and it is indeed frustrating. You can also see the issue by running in a straight line, or spinning your character around continuously in a circle.

Aside from offloading customized windows (hopefully just the one file mentioned above), there is not much help I can offer without clarity from the developers about game changes that affect the UI. I am quite certain the current developer team has zero interest in communicating with me, or probably anybody else, about the matter.

Bah!!! Thanks for the testing and information. Ironically, the one part that is most vital to me IS the maintained spell window. The other bits are super nice and I'd hate to lose them, but i can't imagine keeping track of death saves, defensive and generally all the bits I use to keep myself and my group alive without the maintained spell window...
Unread 08-28-2019, 05:58 PM
A Griffon

A new Lite version of the DarqUI Maintained Spell Monitor is on the update server that should mitigate the stuttering issue. It will continue to use your spells as you have them set up, but with a smaller feature set. Check for updates with the utility, then use the gear icon next to Maintained Spell Monitor to select Lite. You can choose normal or large size.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maintmon-lite.png
Views:	2491
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	9095  
Unread 09-01-2019, 08:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thank you for the fix. It worked.

Thank you for this fix. It works beautifully.
Love DarqUI.
Darcy

Quote:

A new Lite version of the DarqUI Maintained Spell Monitor is on the update server that should mitigate the stuttering issue. It will continue to use your spells as you have them set up, but with a smaller feature set. Check for updates with the utility, then use the gear icon next to Maintained Spell Monitor to select Lite. You can choose normal or large size.

Unread 09-02-2019, 12:48 PM
A Griffon

You're very welcome. Thank you for the feedback.