EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Typing in LOC

I am having an issue where in the old version of eq2 maps I could type in a LOC hit enter and I would get the familar orange trail with an x on the map.

With the new version of eq2 maps when i type the loc in the search bar i hit enter click path nothing works. I have to manually type /waypoint loc,loc,loc in my chat window for it to worl?

Am i missing a setting or something. Also I have noticed that sometimes the search box does not lose focus after you click on something else you just end up typing in the search box instead of hitting m and the map closes or hit a hot bar spell and the number is in the search box etc...

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Mallon AB Server
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm starting to think we should have the [Path] button flash in red.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
A Brown Bear

It actually was a clean install of EQ2 maps i had been away from the game for a long time.

and I have been clicking the path button nothing happens.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Make sure you typed it right 1234.56,456.78,789.01 and don't use 1000 separator like 1,234.56,ZZZ,YYY
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
A Brown Bear

yes i know how to type in a loc i have been paying since eq1 days just stepped away for a while.

I have read issues on eq2players that people are seeing the same thing as well. I am using the defualt UI from EQ2 nothing and no plug ins other than eq2 maps.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am seeing the same thing with both no visible trail after entering a location (and pressing "PATH") and with the map window not releasing focus so when I try to move it just start typing a long line or dddddd or wwwww in the data entry windows.
I think something is not working correctly.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Then try to type it in with that format. The code is fine, which leaves user error. And the game only shows a wisp when you get near the location.

The focus issue is the same with every window in game. It's also user error but there are ways around it (like making you click on the entry box before you can type), we'll discuss whether we are going to implement that.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-21-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added comment on the focus issue
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:54 PM
A Brown Bear

ok if you do not get the orange until you are close I can agree with that, but why is there no X on the map of where you are heading.

I have also been looking for a specific are of a zone, doing a quest for an update i am in the general area( Not being far away) for instance around the corner still no orange line or X on map.

It seems you are being very defensive about your programming. Overall the program works great but there may be a bug or 2 like in EVERY SINGLE peice of software released, thats why there are support forums with downloads of patches and service packs.

This is NOT user error.

If i can /waypoint and it works fine but when i do it in eq2 maps nothing works seems its a problem with eq2 maps. I work in the IT Industry so dont just assume your right.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

And you are fairly offensive for someone coming here and getting something for free, including the support. Rather out of place if you ask me.

That's the programming:
OnPress="waypoint Parent.FindPoiText.Text"
If you find a bug there be my guest.
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
A Brown Bear

well i am not the only one having this issue. people on eq2 players are reporting also. someone else in this thread is reporting it as well.

I came here to get an answer just not be told its user error, i guess everyone who is not getting it to work is having an user error.

I just keep using /waypoint until enough people report this and you realize there may be something wrong.
Unread 11-22-2008, 03:42 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

OK, to let us test this please, supply Zone and Loc and we try to
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:56 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar
Exclamation

Sorry, I don't track this "problem". Works fine for me. All that was "complained" about actually does work and work properly. I will admit that the "X" on the map does not stand out on my machine. That said, it IS there. And the wisp which others are looking for is "there" also. It used to show pretty much from anywhere in the same zone. It doesn't and hasn't for at least a couple patches from Sony. It's still there but doesn't show until you get fairly near the target. The mini window does show you the direction to go.

Unread 11-22-2008, 09:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

true, we might tweak the X, maybe just change the color.
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey gm9, this is sorta off topic but we seem to be missing a cancel waypoint button or something. old style maps allowed us to bring up a seperate window and cancel a waypoint we had entered/selected....can't seem to find a new version of that, am i being a moron or is that not a function of the new style of map?

Sorry to go off topic i just hate to have a waypoint spam my chat window for hours cause i decided i didnt wanna go there...only way i've found to get rid of it is to select a waypoint closer to me and clear that one by going there.
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Press Alt-W
Unread 11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

being a moron it is! thanks
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Location Search

Let me start by saying what a wonderful job everyone has done with the new mapping system, maps, and locations. Then I'll air my complaint! What i would truly love to see is a way to paste a location into this new map and see it flashing so I know where to go, as I did often with old map. IE copy -482.17, 44.59, 93.20 from the Wiki and paste it into game, marker flashes, off i go. Perhaps I have missed something, but so far I've only been able to find locations this way by creating a POI from copied location coordinates, and even then having to break them down into separate boxed numbers. Someone feel free to call me a knothead and explain that this already works! I have tried entering the coords into search bar, but it does not work.
Thanks in advance!
Tazron
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
A Griffon

Once you have the coords in your clipboard (i.e., you have copied them from wiki or some other web page), Type /way and then hit ctrl-v (will paste what you had copied). then hit the enter key. You now have a waypoint to the location.

Edited to add: You will also have a flashing "X" on your map
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:29 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Typing in a location in the search field and then hitting the waypoint button works on my end.

And the red X blinks. Same as the old icon. Seems pretty visible to me
If you're coping waypoints from something like EQ2i then you're probably including the initial /waypoint command which would screw it up...
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default same prob

after using old map system for years this new map wont show a loc when when it is put in like old system.frustrating there was nothing much wrong with old system it worked , pays to leave things alone when they work well
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothdy View Post
pays to leave things alone when they work well
It pays? How much? Who?

This is an entirely new map system by SOE. EQ2MAP is still in its infancy on features. Personally I think the new features with the new map system FAR out weigh the few lost features from the old one which may come back anyway in the future now that we have some wonderful people helping out.