Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone
Default Getting item data

Need some help (and wondering if it's even possible...), namely in getting item data out of the examine window.

The example item I've been using:

You'll notice the "Dump" button. I'm trying to use that to get the information into the log via /say.

Now I can get all the information that is contained in the LorePage of that window out properly, and I can get the FlagsValue of the ModifiersPage to correctly say, which gives me everything through the "NO-TRADE" line.

However, when I try to get the ModifiersValue in the ModifiersPage to say, I get nothing. Which is odd, because if there was simply no data there it should just give me the localtext which would be Text Template.

Here is the code I'm trying to use to get it out. It's sort of creative because I have to concatenate the strings before I can say them, otherwise I get a mess. But when I try to do that line, I get nothing, it doesn't ever trigger a /say. Also note, it's not an issue with an incorrect Parent.such routing, I know that's not the issue.

Code:
<Button LocalText="Dump" 3A="{mt7}|test@" 3B="FAIL_B" 3C="{mt7}^line3{mt7}"  3Speak="FAIL_SPEAK" OnHoverIn="3B=Parent.ModifiersPage.ModifiersValue.LocalText
3Speak=3A ## 3B ## 3C" LocalTooltip="Dump Data" Location="248,111" Name="DumpButton" OnPress="say 3Speak" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-082/0001,0111/0001" ScrollExtent="55,30" Size="55,30" Style="/CommonElements.PushButton.data.style" Tooltip="Dump Data" UserMovable="true"></Button>
Unread 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I took a look. You can't say, tell or emote that due to the color coding I assume, it won't let you. So I dumped it into the logs differently, this is how it looks like (coloring it as it is in game):

(1192915234)[Sat Oct 20 23:20:34 2007] Unknown command: 'dontsay \#22FF22+1 wis
\#22FF22+3 power
\#22FF22+56 vs divine
'

The problem is you can't do unknown commands automatically, they will just silently fail. I had to do this one by dumping the text to the chat entry line via the "beginchatinput" command and then hitting enter manually. Maybe you can think of another command that goes directly to the logfiles, none comes to mind. Alternatively just have your button dump everything to the chat entry line via "beginchatinput" and do it that way.
Unread 11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Thanks gm9. I can get the green item data out now, and I can get the bottom most effect name (for whatever reason, it won't give me the top effect name) but I'm not thinking it's going to be possible to get the rest out (ie, "type" "slots" "weight" "mitigation" et cetera. Unless you have any ideas for that?

I think all that info is in "ItemSpecificPage" but I have no idea how to get any kind of information out of there, since it doesn't have a text attribute to grab.
Unread 11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Have you considered doing a tooltip dump instead and just turning all info on for TTs? The advantage here is that all the data is already in a single text field.
Unread 11-03-2007, 11:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I can get the green item data out now
so how did you do it?
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
Have you considered doing a tooltip dump instead and just turning all info on for TTs? The advantage here is that all the data is already in a single text field.
Oh.

Oooooooh.

I did not even thing about that! I am definately going to have to give that a try.

Is there a command to make sure all info is on for tooltips?

Oh, and how would I reference the tooltip?
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
so how did you do it?
Using beginchatinput, hehe. Once the data is out, it's a relatively simple matter for me to rip things apart in a parser later.
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Is there a command to make sure all info is on for tooltips?
You can control it somewhat in options, but by default everything should be activated.

Quote:
Oh, and how would I reference the tooltip?
Edit the tooltip page of the examine window xml.
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
You can control it somewhat in options, but by default everything should be activated.

Edit the tooltip page of the examine window xml.
Hmm. I was so focused on Examine_Item that I utterly missed the Tooltip page...

But here's a question. How to be able to trigger the beginchatinput in such a way that it uses the tooltip, but only when I want it to. For example, could a button in the examine window be able to dump the tooltip (by using parent.parent.tooltip.<whatever, say PlainTemplate> ?) I'm not sure if the instance of the examine window can reference the tooltip for that item or not.