EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost
Default AFK button

I used to be a ProfitUI user, but with the author dropping the project I decided I better move back to Fetish. Something I missed from Profit was the ease of having a place to click to toggle AFK. I started looking into it and I got something working... I haven't figured out how to add text to it yet, but is functional, and I thought I would share it with others.

To use it you just click on a spot in the Player Window to go/return-from AFK (See the attached image below):

If you want to try it out, just add this line of text to your "eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml" near the top, right under the first <Page> line.

Code:
<Checkbox DynamicData="/GameData.Self.AFK" Location="21,0" Name="AFK" OnPress="afk" PackLocation="Top,Left" PackSize="Fixed,Fixed" ScrollExtent="30,13" Size="30,13" Tooltip="Toggle AFK">AFK</Checkbox>
When you are done the lines at the top of the file should go something like this:
Quote:
<?xml version......
<Page action......
<Checkbox.........
<Button.............
If you like this feature, please post a comment.... who knows, if enough people like it, Zonx might decide to add it (or something better) in.

Enjoy.
-Ged

P.S. Use notepad (or any other text editor... besides "Word") to edit the .xml file. "eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml" should be located in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\FetishNightfall\ ... unless you installed EQ2 somewhere else... in which case you should know where you put it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFK.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	6906  
Unread 05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

If you need something handy, try my mod and feel free to hack away at it for your personal preferences.

It requires the Compass and Persona window for seemless functionality. I have not tested the compass stand alone without the Persona window.

The compass window extends to the right to reveal a number of shortcut clickies.

Have fun.

P.S. As with all mods, make a backup of the files you replace.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (99.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml (11.3 KB, 283 views)
Unread 05-02-2009, 04:02 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

honnestly i don't see the utility of something like this when you only need to type four character in the chat box to toggle/untoggle afk ( /afk )

you can simply create a macro with the /afk command
Unread 05-02-2009, 06:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone

I think the concept of these buttons is to reduce hotbar space. A few click points on an existing window is better then a hotbar of macros.
Unread 05-02-2009, 05:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Kithicor

Gedron asked me to add this to my FetishNightfall player window mod as soon as I released it. I just didn't have time to get around to it until today. As soon as it's approved, it will be available here.

When you put your cursor over the area just to the right of F1, text shows up that says "Go AFK". If you click that area it will set your AFK tag and put text just to the right of F1 that says AFK in white text with a red background. If you click the area again, it will turn off your AFK tag and remove the AFK text with the red background. It will also toggle if you set your AFK tag using any other method.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:39 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
Gedron asked me to add this to my FetishNightfall player window mod as soon as I released it. I just didn't have time to get around to it until today. As soon as it's approved, it will be available here.

When you put your cursor over the area just to the right of F1, text shows up that says "Go AFK". If you click that area it will set your AFK tag and put text just to the right of F1 that says AFK in white text with a red background. If you click the area again, it will turn off your AFK tag and remove the AFK text with the red background. It will also toggle if you set your AFK tag using any other method.
Hmm, I'm one who doesn't use standard ANYthing. I use a player window that has a bunch of buttons. "Hi-ya, Grats, AFK, Camp" are the ones I remember off the top o' me 'ead. There are 3? more. Serves to eliminate a number of hotbar macros. They all go to Guild-speak, by the way.