EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

good good work, now i like new bottom bar and experience bar ( sorry for my little complain :P)
i Want ask there's a comand for to see Profit UI CC if i don't use your start button?

Droiyan wonderful add, it's a speciall combat with that style ^^

Last edited by aigor : 03-21-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

ok love the new version but agian I am having issues with the hot bar sizing. I have it setup to have 12 hotkeys across. In this new version the most I can expand it is 11 with the 12t button on a 2nd line. I have figure the problem is somewhere in the _profit_styles.xml but i have no idea what I need to change to allow the full stretch.
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:16 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathn2875
ok love the new version but agian I am having issues with the hot bar sizing. I have it setup to have 12 hotkeys across. In this new version the most I can expand it is 11 with the 12t button on a 2nd line. I have figure the problem is somewhere in the _profit_styles.xml but i have no idea what I need to change to allow the full stretch.
I think horizontal size of new hotbar can't increase over than 384(12*32), so set hotbar icon size over than 32 cause 2nd line.

I have no idea how remove this limitation, so I set hotbar icon size 32 and NP.

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Unread 03-22-2006, 03:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Doh, the hotbar size can really not be increased. The error lies in the control center which apparently sets the maximum hotbar size when the ui is loaded on its own. Talk about runaway code there, I have no idea why it's doing that.

Attached is a hotfix that removes the complete resizing code from the control center while I figure out what's going on there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProfitUI 2.1 hotbar-sizing hofix.zip (3.5 KB, 371 views)
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Talendor

How can i change the position of the Queststeptext in the top of the screen (when an Step is completed) and how can i change the position of the bar with the current action (below the Target Indicator, it will look nice in top of the Tareget Indicator)? Both are not centered on my screen. I use 1280x1024 with the default settings.

Sorry for my bad english, iŽll hope you could understand me
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:22 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legsor
How can i change the position of the Queststeptext in the top of the screen (when an Step is completed) and how can i change the position of the bar with the current action (below the Target Indicator, it will look nice in top of the Tareget Indicator)? Both are not centered on my screen. I use 1280x1024 with the default settings.

Sorry for my bad english, iŽll hope you could understand me
probably you have locked, try right clik---->Unlock window,
I hope that helps you
enjoy^^
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

The problem is that this windows ar not visible, how can i change it? Have anyone a idea?
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Press Alt+J to bring up the quest helper, if that's what you are missing.
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:51 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

...and Alt+t for target

enjoy^^

Last edited by aigor : 03-22-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Unread 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

No i mean the bar that display how many time a spell need to cast, these one. And the popuptext when i reached a queststep.
Unread 03-22-2006, 11:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
No i mean the bar that display how many time a spell need to cast, these one. And the popuptext when i reached a queststep.
lol, don't tell me I messed up the position of those. Ah, if I didn't break things all the time, there'd be nothing to fix, eh?

You can manually move them around by unlocking the bar (if locked) and dragging it to the position you want just like any other window. Just cast a long spell like Call of Qeynos / Call of the Overlord and you'll have plenty of time to move the bar around.
Unread 03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
And the popuptext when i reached a queststep.
That one is locked. Basically you need to be fast and right click it when it pops up. Then you just chose Unlock Window in the little menu that you get on right click. Next time it pops up you can move it around.

Edit:

Oh, and you need to be fast and enter the Window options and untick the box that says "Click through enabled". If you don't you won't be able to grab it even if it is unlocked.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.

Last edited by Pixi : 03-22-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 03-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Ok, I got the input thingy to show up in the chatwindow. But can I do anything about the text continuing outside the frame?

Check the screenshot and you'll see what I mean.

Edit:

One more thing hehe. In Profit 1.8f the current /loc coordinates were displayed under the compass. Any chance of putting them back in? Or am I missing something again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	4737  

Unread 03-22-2006, 06:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Thanks for the continued updates on this UI guys, it's looking great.

The hotkey windows are still vexing me, though. While the icon resizing issue is fixed, it's impossible to move the hotkey banks unless some keys are blank or the hotkey window is stretched into an "uneven" shape. This makes it difficult to place some hotkey banks that have no blank keys or are all the way vertical, horizontal, 6 and 6, etc. Is there any way to make it so the hotkey windows are always movable?
Unread 03-22-2006, 07:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Uploaded v2.1.1 to the main thread, which fixes the hotbar sizing problem and a few other issues, including the /loc not showing up. Improved window placement including a well aligned new default ui_settings file.

Pixi, I think I have fixed your problem with the chat window as well. If not, deleting your ui_settings file will solve the problem for sure.

Droiyan7, thanks for pointing out the tooltips issue with the start bar, I missed that last time. It's added now.

Eloora, that's why I have the "hide hotbar icons" button in the control center to allow moving the bars. It's re-enabled in 2.1.1.
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Oh i see! I'm kind of new to the whole control center thing, I've never messed with it or known of its existence till yesterday.

One more nitpick about the hotbars . I think in a previous version of the hotkey window had a frame and title setting that hid the bank selector completely, but the 2.1 version none of the settings hide the selector, which can get in the way sometimes since it sits on top of buttons. If there's a 2.1.1 I missed somewhere that replaces the hideabliity of the bank selectors just point me there and tell me to shut up!
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Pixi, I think I have fixed your problem with the chat window as well. If not, deleting your ui_settings file will solve the problem for sure.
Thanks. I really appreciate your work on this UI.

Update:

I installed 2.1.1 and removed my ui_settings ini file but it seems the problem with the chatwindow persists. It looks great when I have it tabbed but any window that doesn't have tabs will display the behaviour in the screenshot above.

Not a huge deal, admittedly hehe.

Last edited by Pixi : 03-22-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:12 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Lucan DLere

Well, I finally got 2.1.1 loaded up tonight after 47 hours straight of school/work and I'm liking what I see.

I've got a few requests for ya:

- I notice it takes two clicks to activate the start button buttons the first time around. Is there a way to make them activate on one click at first-load?

- I couldn't find an option to disable the close/move buttons on the bags. I'd like to see them gone, I hate clicking around them. Also, if there's a way to customize their width a little more. (or maybe I'm just a dumbass, I didn't bother trying to actually resize them, just change their window mode). I've included the bag mod I've used for quite awhile as an attachment if you'd like to take a look at it for ideas.

- What are the [Y] and [N] buttons on the start button? I didn't see them do anything; again, maybe I'm just overlooking it. Also, that panic button is *dangerous*.

- Can you get rid of the spaces between Atk:, Mit:, DPS: and the actual numbers, or is it hard-coded due to alignment? Avoid seems to be fine.

- Clicking on the EQII start button again after opening the menu doesn't close it. Small annoyance.

- Recommendation: Let's bring in Deacon Login w/Shutdown Addition. Or at least the shutdown feature (which requires the eq2ui_loginscene_CharacterData.xml file as well).

- Something just doesn't work about the loading screen image. I think it's the font and red color of it. Try lightening it a bit.

- Personal preference here, but I'd like to see the text label on hotbuttons smaller and a few pixels of space between each button. I also noticed that the Ctrl layout is a larger font than the number and Alt scheme...if that makes sense.

- I personally liked how you could hide the chat scrollbar in 1.8. Can you bring that back?

Nice work with everything, it's turning out very well. No trouble for me thus far with anything. Sorry I can't help out with help troubleshooting >.< Between ignorance and school, I've been missing my free time quite a bit.

Yeah, I know I type a lot. Just getting back atcha for making me rewrite my tutorials

**NORMAL USERS: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THESE FILES! Unless you want my bag style. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing though.**
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (37.6 KB, 414 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bank.xml (8.8 KB, 360 views)

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-22-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
- What are the [Y] and [N] buttons on the start button? I didn't see them do anything; again, maybe I'm just overlooking it. Also, that panic button is *dangerous*.

- Personal preference here, but I'd like to see the text label on hotbuttons smaller and a few pixels of space between each button. I also noticed that the Ctrl layout is a larger font than the number and Alt scheme...if that makes sense.

[/b]
The [Y] and [N] buttons are for turning shadows on and off (I assume) but they seem to be out of order. At least they don't work for me.

I agree on putting in a couple of pixels between the hotbuttons. I spent a good fifteen minutes looking for a "Hotbutton Spacing" slider but couldn't find one lol. I was certain I had seen one at some point (as a default feature) but I could have been dreaming.

Unread 03-22-2006, 11:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I got 2.1 up and working for all my established characters. I noticed that when I make a new character my screen goes black while trying to load the zone and I can't do anything. It's weird, I can manipulate the interface, and see people chatting, I can even camp out, but I just can't see the game nor move around. Also I can't chat, I can just see others chat. All I have running as far as UI go is 2.1 and EQMap.

***Edit***
I think it has something to do with the new zoning window. It just hangs and doesn't go away. How do I disable it, just to test if that's whats wrong.

Last edited by Jesterzzn : 03-23-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Toggle fullscreen button would rock. Also, I started a necro and didn't get a pet window. I noticed in one of the old threads, it showed profit with a pet window...was it another addon?
Unread 03-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazalo
Toggle fullscreen button would rock. Also, I started a necro and didn't get a pet window. I noticed in one of the old threads, it showed profit with a pet window...was it another addon?
Try pressing Alt-P to see if you can summon up the pet window.

Unread 03-23-2006, 03:10 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for all the feedback, makes it much easier that way!

However, as I said a few posts up, I won't have the time in the next few weeks, so I'll only do the bug fixes since I don't want a broken UI released by me out there for so long.

Therefore, the Y/N buttons for shadows will be fixed (didn't even change anyting with them, but uibuilder breaks more things than it really helps, I try not to use it...). Same for the EQII start button.

The chat window works fine for me, but I'll try to figure out what's wrong. No promises there. I might add the hideable scroll bar on the way.

I'll add the option to permanently hide the bank selectors for the hotkeys.

If you think the mini-zoning window causes problems, just delete eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml from the ProfitUI folder.

And Spiricore, for the Deacon login/shutdown: I'm using the Deacon login myself with another shutdown mod, but I figured that it's probably not good to include either of them in the standard release since people will have to edit the xml's first to set it up, and I'm not sure many will like that.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-23-2006 at 03:52 AM.
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
The chat window works fine for me, but I'll try to figure out what's wrong. No promises there. I might add the hideable scroll bar on the way.
Even without any tabs? No matter what I do I can't seem to make it work unless I have at least one tab on the chatwindow. Again it's not a huge deal, I just add a tab and it's all fine hehe. But I've tried dragging the last tab off, selecting "Remove current tab" or just plain open a new chatwindow. I still have to add a tab in order to keep the text within the frame.

Mind you, take your time and look at it whenever. I don't want to come across as pushy here lol.

Unread 03-23-2006, 05:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, you said "no tabs" Sorry, I should learn to read. Will fix it.

No worries, you're not being pushy there. Thanks for your patience with my reading weakness, hehe.
Closed Thread