EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-29-2010, 09:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Sort of. But it had an unintended side effect that I am now working on.

Silat
Unread 01-19-2011, 02:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

Removed alwaysontop="true" from _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml. I made this change to prevent the target casting bar from interfering with accessing the bank vault slots, and other windows, it was overlaying.

TalTal, would you please make this change to the updater _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml file?

Any further news on adding a target casting check box setting in the control center?
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:42 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just checking in to see if there has been progress on a way to set this to show on log-in instead of using the macro.
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanus View Post
Just checking in to see if there has been progress on a way to set this to show on log-in instead of using the macro.
Same here, anyone knows how to fix this?
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Sebilis

ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastBar.txt was work well by deleting the following lines from servername_playername_eq2_uisetting.xml.

Code:
<Window Name="TargetCasting" alignment="8" alignment_offset="79,-320" locked="true" size="340,25" />
but Im not english server player.
FYI.
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

So i had the checkbox in the profit ui center for about a week and it went away for no reason at all.. i've run updater again and again and reset it.. but I can't get the ability to check the box to come back.. anything im missing maybe.. I still show the file in my folders and the eq custom folder.. it just doesn't have a box for me to check to get it to show..
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:32 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

(Returning player, fresh install of PUI)

Not sure if this is related, I play a templar and my melee attack button toggle (auto attack?) toggles off constantly during a fight, after a spell is cast and after a melee auto attack. Looked around for setting to change this and didnt find one.

Note1: melee attack toggles off after every spell cast and melee auto-attack.
Note2: when spell is cast, the visible weapon is swapped to caster item (visible) and does not switch back to normal visible melee weapon.
Note3: regardless of animation or item in hand (visible one) activating melee attack still attacks with normal melee weapon.
Note4: tried to reset all settings to default. melee attack still toggles off.

Last edited by Zatris : 03-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatris View Post
Not sure if this is related, I play a templar and my melee attack button toggle (auto attack?) toggles off constantly during a fight, after a spell is cast and after a melee auto attack. Looked around for setting to change this and didnt find one.
off.
This isn't a UI issue. Last fall EQ2 introduced ranged autoattack and ranged weapons for spellcasters, and when they did they added a mechanic where casting a spell triggers ranged autoattack if you've got a ranged weapon equipped (similar to how using a melee CA triggers melee autoattack if you've got a melee weapon equipped). The solution to this is to not have a spell ranged-attack item in your ranged slot (bows and ordinary throwing weapons seem to work fine).

General consensus is there's a lot of bugs in the spell ranged autoattack toggle code, the devs seem to have had tunnel-vision and looked only at the "ranged weapon, no melee" case and assumed that any caster who wanted to melee would not have a ranged spell weapon in their ranged slot at all.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

This did not even start happening until I installed ProfitUI, being a templar there is not much choice for ranged items. What you say might be true for the animations but the fact that melee attack (button) toggles OFF, I am not switch to ranged attack mode, this is all within melee range, and happpens while standing on top/inside of the mob. This is an issue with ProfitUI. I have since un-installed ProfitUI and every has returned to normal. I do like the UI so If we can narrow down what part is defective, I can skip installing that file and use the rest of it.

Last edited by Zatris : 03-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

maybe the thing that populates the bottombar after a delay for logging the character in?
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianDragon View Post
maybe the thing that populates the bottombar after a delay for logging the character in?
That wouldn't do it. In fact, as far as I know the UI is incapable of controlling this particular aspect of the mechanics. It's all done server-side, hence why the problem with melee healers being thrown into ranged combat every time they cast a heal.
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

ya'd think they come up with fix for that. Anyway tossed in a petition to see what it leads to.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
A Griffon

I just started a Templar and had this problem show up. I can't remember if it was the case with the last one played many moons ago. In any event, it drives me nuts. I'm going to /bug that as a serious mechanics defect.
Unread 05-14-2012, 01:42 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanus View Post
Any development with this?
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:08 AM
A Sea Turtle

if u look on the first page there is a post saying so and so can be my guienea pig. You download that file and add it to you profit ui folder and wham you have a box you simply uncheck and check in ur tools button on start cube.. only downfall so far I see is the fact i can't arrange my bottom bar now because that option wasn't in the file and if i run the updater i lost the target casting bar check box..
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
You can be my guinea pig. Extract the attached zip to your profitui directory. It should enable autoshow by default. It should also be able to be turned on and off via the control center. It contains three files. Change true to false in _ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastBar.txt to make it not show by default. Please let me know if this works for you.

Silat

This worked great.. but I had to run the updater and then lost the option. Could the turn target casting bar box be put back into the control window. I have the marcro set up lol.. but was so used to using the control center.
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

r u going to be putting the casting bar option back into the ui by a check box or we still gooing to have to use the macro.. loved when it was a check box option thanks in advance.
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Is anyone else seeing what the target and implied target are both casting?
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakurheart View Post
Is anyone else seeing what the target and implied target are both casting?
Same thing, If I hard target anyone I see what they and the implied are casting.
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

A new issue that's a big problem for the healers... apparently the monster's castbar is now being shared with the player castbar. Healers in general target their tank, and need to see the implied target's casting. Right now, the monster's castbar goes away when the tank casts an ability.

In raids especially, healers DEPEND on seeing the mob's cast bar. Some detriments are so awful that they have to be cured before they tick even once, and that means you have to click your cure button JUST BEFORE it hits. There are usually NOT good visual cues saying that the monster is casting the Curse O'Doom in 5, and even if there were, if you have your graphics turned way down for raiding, you probably can't see it anyway.

Please, fix that cast bar ASAP! I don't care what my tank is casting, I need to see the casting activity of whatever the tank has targeted!

Forum threads on this topic:

Unread 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

It's in the default UI and not something we can really change. If the target window itself has a cast bar, you may have to depend on that for now. Any UI that uses a separate larger cast bar, has both bars overlayed on top of one another. There's no way to decipher NPC from PC casts in the UI.

This just needs to be reverted by SOE for PVE.
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

I don't think I've seen any problem with the target and implied-target windows themselves. They seemed to both be working OK on raid last night. The independent casting bars (the ones you can show in the middle of the screen) were doing that, but I think that's because there's only 1 casting-bar window and it's trying to do double-duty and failing half the time (which half depending on your role).
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:08 PM
A Berserk Golem

Most healers rely on the large stand-alone cast bar. It is suddenly showing both target and implied target casting on the same cast bar and the mob cast is being overwritten by the tank cast. It's just horrible to deal with. I don't know if it needs to be separated on sony's end or the UI end. It needs fixing asap.

Quote:
Anastasie wrote:

/show_window Custom.TargetCasting

This is the command to see a large (sizable) casting window that is completely separate from the mob target window. This is what is completely broken after the update yesterday.
Quote:
Terrogaunt wrote:
Failed to create it, meaning it doesn't exist on the stock UI. This is part of profit, right?

Open the file _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml and look for things like this:

DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Casting" DynamicDataFilter="0001" Location="0,-6"

DynamicData="/GameData.ImpliedTarget.Casting" DynamicDataFilter="0001" Location="0,-6"

Progressbar AbsorbsInput="false" Color="#00FF00" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Casting" DynamicDataFilter="FFFB" Location="4,13" Name="Progress"

Progressbar AbsorbsInput="false" Color="#00FF00" DynamicData="/GameData.ImpliedTarget.Casting" DynamicDataFilter="FFFB" Location="4,13"

These locations are exactly the same, so they're stacking. Try editing the values to not be the same. That should fix your problem.

Last edited by primamezzo : 07-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
A Griffon

Thanks. I'll take a look at it and see about shifting the second one down.
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
A Berserk Golem

Terrorgaunt wrote:

Quote:
Options to specify which you would like to see will be coming soon. They'll be in a dropdown within the options that allow you to choose All Casting Bars, No Ally Casting Bars, No Player Casting Bars, and No Casting Bars (why not, really?).

I'm not sure if it will make it into the next update, but it should come soon and will address the issue even if we can't reproduce the bug that some of you are witnessing on your UIs.

Edit: I'm also playing with the possibility of making allied casting bars a different color, but that's a bit up in the air.
I'm not sure how long it will take for them to fix this, but at least a fix is in the works.