EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-15-2010, 03:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Unhappy Launch?

I may be in the wrong forum here, but I have a problem with my daughter's account. On my comp, she can log in just fine, no problems. For some reason on her comp though, it will pull up the launch pad, update, and then won't launch. Also, it doesn't show any of her characters. It says character select unavailable. I have no idea what's going on. But during NOTD it is TOTALLY unacceptable that she tie MY comp up and I don't get to ToT with my favorite troll. I know...it's selfish. ~shrugs~ Can anyone out there help me with this?
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Bear in mind that the character list in the launchpad is a locally-stored file. The first time you log in on a computer, you have to go through the character select screen to download the current list of characters. Only after that first time can you launch directly to a character. Note that the lack of a character list doesn't prevent you from launching the game, it only affects bypassing the character select screen and going directly into a character.

Also, changes in the character list may not be reflected in the character select pull-down in the launchpad until you've gone through the character select screen. The game normally updates things OK, but occasionally a crash or /exit will result in updates being lost. Choosing "Character Select" from the pull-down on the launchpad and going into the character-select screen will always refresh the character list and fix the pull-down.