EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-03-2005, 06:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock
Default Not close on escape?

Hey guys, need a quick answer, don't have the time to look it up. (SORRY)

Anyway, is the stay put technology that Deathbane uses good enough to keep a window from closing on escape? I currently use some other bag mod, and I like that it doesn't close when I click escape. Will Deathbane's bags do this as well?

If not, what do I need to change in the eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml file to make it so they will not close on escape? Thanks in advance.
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:51 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Two methods:

1- Add a button with the property IsCancelButton="true" to the window.

2- Add the property AllowCloseOnTop="false" to the bag window itself.

Iirc, one of them causes the escape key to not close other windows you may have open, but I don't remember which.
Unread 06-17-2005, 04:19 PM
A Griffon

Hey, sorry to be getting back to this so late, but I never ended up mod'ing the window, so I went back to the old one I had. Anyway, I got new bags, and I can't use the 4-across bags anymore, so I download a 6-across mod. Now, I want to make this window not close on escape.

I tried and I tried and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. I downloaded the UI builder, I add properties to the bag window (like step two), I added buttons (Like step one) and even did a little other stuff to see if anything would work. If someone can please show me how to do this, explain it a little more, and how to do it with UI builder, I would be much appreciated.

Or, if you want, I can upload the bag file and you can do it yourself, but I like learning.
Unread 06-17-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
Hey, sorry to be getting back to this so late, but I never ended up mod'ing the window, so I went back to the old one I had. Anyway, I got new bags, and I can't use the 4-across bags anymore, so I download a 6-across mod. Now, I want to make this window not close on escape.

I tried and I tried and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. I downloaded the UI builder, I add properties to the bag window (like step two), I added buttons (Like step one) and even did a little other stuff to see if anything would work. If someone can please show me how to do this, explain it a little more, and how to do it with UI builder, I would be much appreciated.

Or, if you want, I can upload the bag file and you can do it yourself, but I like learning.
I would think that setting IsCancelButton=false would work.
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
A Griffon

I never doubted it would work, but I would like a little more explanation on how to go about adding the button to the window works out. I have no idea how to do this. Keep in mind, this is the first time I've actually tried adding this.

I added a button the window (When in UIBuilder, it says "New Button" and I edit it and add the property with IsCancelButton="true"), but when I try to load it, it crashes the game upon beginning to load the UI. It doesn't get past the character select screen.

Please elaborate.
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
I never doubted it would work, but I would like a little more explanation on how to go about adding the button to the window works out. I have no idea how to do this. Keep in mind, this is the first time I've actually tried adding this.

I added a button the window (When in UIBuilder, it says "New Button" and I edit it and add the property with IsCancelButton="true"), but when I try to load it, it crashes the game upon beginning to load the UI. It doesn't get past the character select screen.

Please elaborate.
You have bags that you DONT want to close on escape, correct?
I thought that IsCancelButton=true meant close on esc, and IsCancelButton=false meant it didnt, I could have it backwards.

Also, I dont think that object names function correctly with spaces.
And the default name for closebuttons is WC_CloseButton IIRC (not lookin at script atm) I dont know if that helps at all
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
You have bags that you DONT want to close on escape, correct?
I thought that IsCancelButton=true meant close on esc, and IsCancelButton=false meant it didnt, I could have it backwards.

Also, I dont think that object names function correctly with spaces.
And the default name for closebuttons is WC_CloseButton IIRC (not lookin at script atm) I dont know if that helps at all
Yes, I have bags that I don't want to close when I press escape.

I'm using Jaxel's 3/4 Bag with StayPut! and I want them to be open all the time. I've grown accustomed to this with Ger's mod, but I need a 6-across instead of 4-across.

I will try it without space in the button name (I think I had "No close" as the name before...) and see if that does anything.

So, I just add a button with the property "IsCloseButton="false"" right?
EDIT: Tried "false" for the value, will try "true" now and see if that works - False didn't work.
EDIT Again: Grr, true didn't work either. Any other ideas?
EDIT x3: I think my problem was I had so many mods in one folder and not a complete set. Anyway, tried the AllowCloseOnTop="False" property and it worked. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thanks for all the help again.

Last edited by Kamintar : 06-17-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Unread 02-16-2006, 01:44 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Buh?

I'm sorry, I'm TOTALLY new to UI editing, though I'm slowly learning the more I play around with stuff.

I understand that you have to add AllowCloseOnTop="False", but my question is...WHERE in the eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml file? It's rather daunting trying to figure it out.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Edit: Oh, this might be helpful information. I'm using Maddbomber's Bag Settings (current version as of this post date). I'll post the file just in case.
Edit2: And I uploaded the version that I *thought* it should go, which is on line 2 at the end.
Edit3: *SIGH* Nevermind. It worked. I'll leave the file posted in case anyone else happens to run across it and wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (37.6 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by Spiricore : 02-16-2006 at 01:52 AM.