EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Odd borders on NPC dialogue buttons

I've been modifying the default UI image files and have not running into many problems. But I am having a problem with the NPC dialogue buttons looking funky. both the left and right side of the border in the middle seems to have some borderI haven't seen. All the other buttons in the UI look just fine but for some reason these have the weird artifact. When I take out the buttons_master.dds file it still has this artifact just with the default buttons.

Basically I need to figure out why that stays there or if what image file it is using to put that odd artifact there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000019.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	3299  
Unread 08-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

If anyone could help me out that would be great. If you need more info just ask and I'll get it. This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from releasing a full UI.
Unread 08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Its hard to tell from the picture, is the gap on vertical left and right border filled with a different color border or is it just the low quality picture?

If its a different color border in that gap I'd think you'd just look through the border graphics and copy yours over it. The quest buttons need a vertical left and right border because the buttons expand vertically to fit the quest response text.

Other then that I'm stumped. I'm not sure where in game quest responce buttons show up in the uibuilder but you could look there to see what graphics are being used. Maybe the sourcerect is off.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-07-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

If your asking about the wierd redish color on either side of the text on the button, I believe this is from the text overlay.

The text overlay is running "out of bounds" and causing a smudge effect due to the drastic color change in border and button.

Am I close to answering the question?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Premium Member

Yeah that helps.

Also, I've been working on my custom UI so long that when I looked at in default it almost looked exactly the same. Which is why I was thinking I was missing some graphic file the dialogue buttons use.

Now I'm just wondering if there is some way to battle this problem.

Last edited by Pyroman : 08-08-2005 at 01:23 AM.