EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Saving custom window location?

This is confusing me to no end here. In my Inventory module I have a custom window Inventory.InventoryDockDummy which is used for my docking inventory window. This window, if the user moves it around with the mouse will properly save its location so that when the user logs out and back in the previous location is restored.

In my MainHUD module I have several custom windows, stat strips, for example MainHUD.AttributesStrip, which as far as I can see is identical to the dummy window in all the properties (except of course things like location and size) yet if the user moves these windows with the mouse, the location is NOT saved. I can't get them to save like the InventoryDockDummy window does.

Anyone know what the heck i'm missing?
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

You not missing anything, sadly its the way ui code works You use to could get around it by using the memorized window but I don't think they even use that any more but you could try and see if it will saved its location.
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:10 PM
A Griffon

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying custom windows don't save location? If so then why does my cusomt Inventory.InventoryDockDummy window save position?
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

What is the location of your stat strip files within the tree structure?

EG

Are they indvidual files within Mainhud that get loaded up / triggered by another window like the compass

or

Are they included in the eq2ui.ini and in the main root?

All my customs windows are loctated / included within Mainhud and they save there positions correctly, There was a few exceptions / problems some peeps was having a long time back but that seems to have stopped now.
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying custom windows don't save location? If so then why does my cusomt Inventory.InventoryDockDummy window save position?
yea they have never saved locations for me. Well in mainhud any ways, I have never tried on in inventory. Thats one reason I combined my start button,maintianed and player window into one window so it gave me 3 windows that EQ2's save code would save locations for.
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

My custom spells window saves location for me, but not what tab it's on after it's closed (which really stinks)
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs

EG

Are they indvidual files within Mainhud that get loaded up / triggered by another window like the compass

or

All my customs windows are loctated / included within Mainhud and they save there positions correctly, There was a few exceptions / problems some peeps was having a long time back but that seems to have stopped now.
Hmm I guess Agathorn and I are in the same boat because I havn't never got them to save their location once a user moves them. ( through sessions that is, they will save in the same session but not if they log off and back on)
Unread 12-08-2005, 05:23 PM
A Griffon

Laffs alt Perdition is a damn good example of custom windows saving positions... As there is the performance panel (in a docking window called "perlock") and also the alt casting window, I forget its proper file name atm likes sorry lol

But there is no special code in there to make them save loc, there default loc is somwhere in the middle of the screen!! lol, My reason for doing that is to stop them from being hidden behind anyother window when you 1st use those alt UI pieces, So you can move them where you want and do the ... Zone.. Camp to desktop ... log back in drill, to make them save position... The only fancy code there is, is code in the player window to force them to show...

/shrug sorry I cant be of more help..... Only thing I can surgest is maybe you try the said UI with the alt windows and see if they "stick" for you using that , Then maybe pull the code apart to see whats different?
Unread 12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs

EG

or

My stat strips are directly beneath Root.ManiHUD, EG MainHUD.VitalsStrip. The XML itself sits in its won XML file, eq2ui_mainhud_strips_vitals.xml, but I also tried placing the XML code into eq2ui_mainhud.xml to see, but that made no difference. as for how they get loaded, the startbutton has show_window and hide_window code in onShow that causes the windows to initially be loaded into the UI but not show, then there are buttons in the startbutton window to toggle visibility of the window through scritped use of blah.visible=true/false.
Unread 12-08-2005, 07:58 PM
A Griffon

Try using the compass or the player window to load up (show) your stat windows then? maybe ... That is the only differance I can see atm
Unread 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
A Griffon

sigh.. well I don't know what the heck is going on with me, but this just doesn't want to work I moved the loading code into compass.. zoned camped to select then loaded back in and the window reset. Added it to player window, same deal.

My dummy inventory window saves fine, my mainhud ones do not
Unread 12-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Try this Agathorn. Maybe it'll work maybe it wont. But take your include out of mainhud.xml and say put it in an random file that has mainhud_*.xml for example I'll use the group window.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<include>you_file_here</include>
<Page ... the normal window code here >
</Page>

This basically does the same thing as putting it in mainhud.xml but its added via the eq2ui_mainhud.group.xml file. Maybe it'll trick it into saveing its spot.