EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Blank elements in interface

I've read and followed the instructions for using the UI Builder. However, I must till be missing something since I am only able to see a black elements for a lot of windows. For instance, I select the Tab on the right side for Interface and can see the graphics for Store and Trade. All the other windows (BuildBank, Bag, Bank, etc...) are all black with red boxes for the elements (as I select each element). What am I messing up?
Unread 12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Lol

Wow, figured out the answer to my own question...had to set visible = true. That should definately be put into a FAQ somewhere.

Now for a second dumb question. When does it allow you to use the alignment buttons at the top of the interface? Mine are always greyed out.
Unread 12-06-2005, 08:51 PM
EQII Developer
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

You need to select two or more widgets. <shift> + click

bobble
Unread 12-06-2005, 09:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Just to clarify..shift+click ONLY works in the graphical display not in the tree view on the left side (sure as heck wish it did, would be a LOT easier). Also sometimes shift+click will get you the wrong controls and there are times you simply can't get the controls you want in the group.. but learning to use shift+click can certainly make you a lot more powerful

Bobble - any chance we could get windows standard shift+click and ctrl+click operations in the list view? This alone would make UIBuilder a million times more powerful and easy to use.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 12-06-2005, 09:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagden
Wow, figured out the answer to my own question...had to set visible = true. That should definately be put into a FAQ somewhere.

Now for a second dumb question. When does it allow you to use the alignment buttons at the top of the interface? Mine are always greyed out.

There's a little toggle button for visibility. The little eye button, right next to the lock button and the +/- buttons.
Unread 12-07-2005, 12:09 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
Just to clarify..shift+click ONLY works in the graphical display not in the tree view on the left side (sure as heck wish it did, would be a LOT easier). Also sometimes shift+click will get you the wrong controls and there are times you simply can't get the controls you want in the group.. but learning to use shift+click can certainly make you a lot more powerful

Bobble - any chance we could get windows standard shift+click and ctrl+click operations in the list view? This alone would make UIBuilder a million times more powerful and easy to use.
Iirc, you can shift/ctrl click in the list just fine, but you have to then click in the render area to perform an operation.

Or maybe it was that you could shift/ctrl click in the render area then select the list window and you could...
Unread 12-07-2005, 12:22 AM
A Griffon

Shift+click or ctrl+click does not work in the tree view for me and never has. As soon as you press SHIFT the focus shisft to the properties edit box. And CTRL+Click just does nothing as far as I can tell, in the tree view that is.
Unread 12-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yes you can shift+click in the treeview, I do it all the time. Yes the focus does change to the properties but U can still move the mouse to another object in the tree and click it. Turn on highlight and watch all the objects you shift+clicked on lite up. Then just go over and click on any of the highlighter object move resize, change a propertie and every one that is highlighted will change also.
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Yes you can shift+click in the treeview, I do it all the time. Yes the focus does change to the properties but U can still move the mouse to another object in the tree and click it. Turn on highlight and watch all the objects you shift+clicked on lite up. Then just go over and click on any of the highlighter object move resize, change a propertie and every one that is highlighted will change also.

Ahh so it does. Since the tree view didin't highlight multiple items I just assumed it wasn't working (That and I almost always have highlights OFF in render view so I can actually see what i'm doing).
Unread 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
Ahh so it does. Since the tree view didin't highlight multiple items I just assumed it wasn't working (That and I almost always have highlights OFF in render view so I can actually see what i'm doing).
Yea same here, just happento have highlight on one day and did the shift+click thing and noticed I had to objects highlited. Was like oh' cool.