EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Map Background is Blacked Out

Somewhere along the line, I was messing with my UI (Darq) settings and moving windows and my map background went black. All the PoIs show up but over black. I am able to fix it by switching to a different map and switching back to current zone, but whenever I zone, it goes to black by default. I have reinstalled all maps and DarqUI and I still have issues.

I have dealt with it, saying I'll get around to figuring it out until recently. I discovered that it only happens on one character (my main). So I guess it's bound up somewhere in my UI settings specific to that character. I know I could probably fix it all if I just start again from scratch with default UI settings for that character, but I've done a lot of customizing I'd rather not do over. More than anything, I'm curious. Anyone have any idea what's going on or how to fix?

Thanks.
Unread 04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Two things you can try:

1) Exit the game and move your main character's uisettings file (servername_charname_eq2_uisettings.xml) from the main EQII folder out onto the desktop. You will still have DarqUI and EQ2MAP, but a fresh character settings file will be generated when you log in. This should tell you if a personalized game setting is causing the issue. If this does not correct the black map issue, exit the game and return the character's uisettings file back to the EQII folder.

2) Move the entire DarqUI_v3 folder from \UI\ out onto the desktop and install EQ2MAP by itself using either Official or Landiin's updater. If it appears to be running okay, you can install DarqUI into the custom folder that was created by EQ2MAP. After you have done that, copy the files in the \POI folder that have darqui in the name from the old DarqUI_v3 folder into the new one to restore 99% of your custom settings. Please post here again if you need any more info.

Last edited by Darqwood : 04-03-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Unread 04-08-2018, 12:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Step 1 showed it was just the one character. I just started again from default on him. Thank you for your help.