EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 07-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Default Request for Feedback

Well, we're here, and very excited about it, too! That being said, in order to better serve you guys, we'd like to request some feedback from you. Namely:

1. What was it about EQInterface.com that made it so popular?
- There are other UI sites out there, what made you choose EQInterface.com over them as your UI site of choice?

2. What do we need to keep from EQInterface.com? What do we need to have more of? Less of? What can we do to make EQ2Interface.com as popular as EQInterface.com was/is?

Just trying to figure out what we did right (and wrong?) on EQInterface.com, so that we can make sure that EQ2Interface.com will be just as successful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cairenn

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Kudane : 07-01-2004 at 03:51 AM.
Unread 07-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Zotani

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Well, we're here, and very excited about it, too! That being said, in order to better serve you guys, we'd like to request some feedback from you. Namely:

- There are other UI sites out there, what made you choose EQInterface.com over them as your UI site of choice?

2. What do we need to keep from EQInterface.com? What do we need to have more of? Less of? What can we do to make EQ2Interface.com as popular as EQInterface.com was/is?

Just trying to figure out what we did right (and wrong?) on EQInterface.com, so that we can make sure that EQ2Interface.com will be just as successful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cairenn
Well it Looks cool so far .

1. The similar format from EQInterface.
2. Wish list or suggestion forum.
Unread 07-01-2004, 11:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar

1. honestly free hosting :P.. and a great well organized web site

2. as for keeping things... hmm, I'll think of something.. as for new things.. how about giving the ability to delete a old UI, to the creator of said UI??
Unread 07-01-2004, 11:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I agree, I'm just a little guy that only posted once, and such a lame little thing. But I would have liked to kill it when I came out with my "new and improved" lame little thing.

And I'm sure many people will say this, but congrats on your new sponsors! It lends an aura of respectability to your site.

Last edited by nostrilman : 07-01-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Unread 07-02-2004, 01:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore
Default My input!

I think the thing that made EQinterface work so well was the fact that everyone there was very nice and helpful. There didn't seem to be too many problems between the users...almost like a family atmosphere. A lot of that has to do with the "no flame" rule (which I feel is good). Another good point was that your admins were very quick at replying or taking care of problems. I'm hoping that all those thing will continue with this site. Great job so far. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by forry : 07-02-2004 at 01:07 AM.
Unread 07-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

1. Cairenn

2. Cairenn

Unread 07-03-2004, 12:08 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:

It actually took me a while before I made EQInterface my main UI stop. The reason I finally made EQInterface my home was the active and knowledgeable forum members.
Quote:
The main thing I would like to see come out of the EQ2Interface site would be a community project to make an application similar to SIDLWIDL/SidlFiddle if EQ2 doesn't ship with one. At least an offline viewer. With all the talented programmers in the EQInterface community, I was always surprised that this never happened there.
Unread 07-06-2004, 03:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

I think alot of coders came to eqinterface because of all the tools it offered.
A list of all the eq types, ui changes from the last patch, free hosting, and it highlighted all the ui related news. It made life easy.
Unread 07-07-2004, 09:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lots of tutorials anywhere from a noobs guide to installing a mod, to advance instructions on making the perfect effect you want you UI to have for the coders.

I also liked how after every patch, information was posted about how the changes would effect the UI. It's been about a year since I played EQ but if remember correctly, specific changes that actually would cause problems would be pointed out so people didnt have to sift through patch messages.

Can't think of much else right now, overall the old site was simply the most resourceful.

Sinite
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotani
Well it Looks cool so far .

1. The similar format from EQInterface.
2. Wish list or suggestion forum.

/agree ....although it seems the format's may have to change.

BTW Caireen, it's good to see SoC still around. They were my old guild back in the day.
Unread 07-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuB
BTW Caireen, it's good to see SoC still around. They were my old guild back in the day.
Welcome to stop by the forums and say "Hi" any time you like.

<== GL

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 08-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Graugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forry
I think the thing that made EQinterface work so well was the fact that everyone there was very nice and helpful. There didn't seem to be too many problems between the users...almost like a family atmosphere. A lot of that has to do with the "no flame" rule (which I feel is good). Another good point was that your admins were very quick at replying or taking care of problems. I'm hoping that all those thing will continue with this site. Great job so far. Keep up the good work.
I totally agree, you folks have done a top notch job, I cant wait to share EQ2 with you all !!
Unread 08-07-2004, 01:36 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

I loved how quick and easy it was to find and download a UI.

I also have to say that the site layout, and quickness of the page loads also helped. The people who posted never flamed if you had a noob question, and they were always helpfull. If that keeps up I am sure this site will be just as sucessfull as the first.

Unread 08-10-2004, 11:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Free hosting of the mods we made.

A way to add descriptions to the mod.. and attach a pic to it...as well as the fact it was then sorted according to type of mod.

The "changes to the UI" patch updates you put here... when SOE broke my UI I would juct come here learn what changed and fixed it.

The sheer number of UI's already posted here... I tend to go where the bulk of the people go... I don't want to visit a site with 10 UI's to pick from. It's hard to make sure that happens when you design a site... maybe the best UI each month gets the designer's acct set up to be advertising-free? This will help people come here first... and rewards people who do well.

The guides... and the flame free atmosphere.

The one thing I would like changed.... when you go to Interface pieces it says things like "Containers - modifications to bags ....." but when you enter in the containers catagory you don't get a summary field.... you just get a name.... so you MUST click each UI to see what it is. You should be able to type "quick summary : made the bag smaller and added weapon slots.. etc" or "quick summary : Placed vines around container for a druidic feel"

That way when skimming the mods you can go "pfft... I don't want vines" or "haha I'm a caster I don't change weapons much" and just skip clicking on it.
Pepto - lvl 62 w/3 AA Druid Veeshan Server - retired PoP
Nembutal - lvl 58 Shaman Veeshan server - retired PoP
EQ2
Claire - lvl 60 Troubadour Permafrost server - retired DoF
Pottamina - lvl 60 Fury Permafrost server - retired DoF
Skoshi - lvl 70 w/100 AA Beserker Guk server - active
Porthius - lvl 70 Fury w/100 AA Guk server - active
Backdor - lvl 70 Troubadour w/100 AA Guk server - active
Unread 08-10-2004, 02:04 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritin
The one thing I would like changed.... when you go to Interface pieces it says things like "Containers - modifications to bags ....." but when you enter in the containers catagory you don't get a summary field.... you just get a name.... so you MUST click each UI to see what it is. You should be able to type "quick summary : made the bag smaller and added weapon slots.. etc" or "quick summary : Placed vines around container for a druidic feel"

That way when skimming the mods you can go "pfft... I don't want vines" or "haha I'm a caster I don't change weapons much" and just skip clicking on it.
I thought there was an option for the author to type in a brief description for when you hover your mouse over the link. I looked, and did not see it now. That might have been in the old databasa.
Unread 09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

IMO

1. Number Of UI's avaliable and the way in which they were organized and presented, the discriptions and picture were nice. The nice people. Quick and reliable help. Noob Tutorials. Current EQ news. And alot more i cant list because im in class atm. LOL.

2. Been Thinking about this. How bout DL Pic and Info Buttons on UI on the New Interfaces Section(EQInterface could us this to).
Unread 10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayed
2. Been Thinking about this. How bout DL Pic and Info Buttons on UI on the New Interfaces Section(EQInterface could us this to).
I am interested in hearing more about what you mean. I don't understand exactly what your asking for.