EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-24-2009, 01:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default CotH out-of-range

I'm having trouble getting my Call of the Hero spell to work zone-wide. It seems to work quite well when the group member is nearby, but when we're not close to each other in the zone and not in combat the icon is dulled-out and the spell won't cast. I noticed this when v10.9 first came out and I bypassed it by using another group ui, but I recently reformated my hard drive and reloaded fetish and it's still not working.

I'm not seeing anyone else with this problem - am I missing a patch?
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:17 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

This sounds like gameplay/mechanics problem because none of us here at EQ2Interface can assist you with your problem. If it was never like as you described then I would suggest you bug report it as well as make a thread on the Official Forums.

Sorry, but that's all we can do to help you.

Last edited by dragowulf : 08-24-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Unread 08-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

As dragowulf is saying, the UI does not control the shading of spells, that is done purely by the client. Any bugs you find there can only be fixed by /bug reporting them and then SOE fixing it.
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you for your response. Everyone who takes the time to work on these addons does a great job in adding to our gaming fun!

I've fixed my problem by replacing my fetish group window with Himays Group Window C2C.

This isn't a shading bug with SOE, the shading works exactly as it's supposed to so I'm not even going to get them involved . CotH is a zone-wide spell and fetish 10.9 seems to have it as a beneficial spell for group member that has a certain range. Like I said in my original post, it works fine if the group member is standing close to me, but if they are across the zone I can't cast the spell and the icon is dull. (I would get the same results if I were a priest casting a single heal on a group member across the zone.)

At this point, since I don't write interface add-ons, thus don't have the knowledge where the problem lies (with EQ2 Interface or SOE, etc), I'm going to use Himays group window and go back to enjoying the game!
Unread 08-30-2009, 02:14 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

I can't fathom how the Fetish group window would have ANY effect on how your hotkeys work. Totally unrelated.

The group window does have clickAbilities, but as far as I can tell, the macros used for those are in no way range limited other than the limitation inherent to the associated spell.