EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Memleak for 9.7 ?

Just wondering, because:

Before installing 9.7: memory usage never over 30% of 2GB even with two instances open

After installing 9.7: 70% memory usage from just one instance... after having it open for less than 5 minutes.

So, I reinstalled 9.6b and the mem usage hasn't changed. Then I decided to just go with Default UI, but it's still high 60%. So, I guess it could be some random file that the EQ2 launcher downloaded, between the time that I had 9.6 and installed 9.7.

I just made this thread to see if others were having similar issues and to let Zonx know that there might be something wrong.

Last edited by Fynite : 04-09-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Probably nothing to do with UI, the patch they did Tuesday (GU44) had a lot of things that would effect memory usage.
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the ideas, but I didn't have a problem on Tuesday, or most of Wednesday, and if it's something to do with the game, I would think plenty of other people would be having mem leaks, too.. guess it's just me.

Still, the problem persists, despite temporarily not using any custom UI, so I guess the next step is reinstalling the game.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

A custom UI cannot cause a memory leak, it's all just XML and image files. You can try
/force_low_mem_mode true
if you have memory issues, although the game should do that automatically once you run out.

I find it very hard to believe that previously two clients would only use 600 MB total on your system, ie 300 MB per client. For most people the game has always been using far above 1 GB and depending on texture quality up to 2 GB or more, causing crashes (hence the recent changes). I don't think you could ever get it down to 300 MB even using extreme performance mode and lowest quality textures.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
A Brown Bear

I appreciate your suggestion and I'll definitely be trying it, as soon as I log in, again. So thanks for that.

As far as you not believing me.. I dunno. All I can say is that I usually run ACT so don't normally have Performance Profiler running on my LCD (g15), but I noticed a major difference in ability to run two instances of the game on my pc.. so I looked at performance profiler and task manager and, frankly, was shocked at how much this game was draining my ram, since last time I checked it was steady at 30ish%.

Like I said, I used to be able to run two instances without a hiccup (using custom settings), but now, with each instance sucking up anywhere from 60%-80% of my ram... there's no way I can do that. Even at lower end ram-usage, 60%+60% = can't run two instances. I dunno.. maybe it's my videocard being lame?

Though, through various testing and your comments here, I do believe that you're right of it not being a UI problem (bold for anyone just skimming the thread) -- a friend of mine suggested it to me, which is why I made this post asking about it and if anyone else experienced any major changes in the amount of ram being used. I can't rename my thread, though :P

Thanks again,
Fynite
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

btw, should that command help, you can also add it to your eq2.ini so it loads automatically (add it without the forward slash then).