EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default inspect window click image out of order

just a short notice, within 11.0 clicking the item image within an inspect window doesnt copy the link to chat anymore, any chance to get that fixed?
Unread 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
A Grassland Beetle

it does for me
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:27 AM
A Weald Wolf

hm.. ok that seems strange. had all of my guildmates that also use fetish say the same about it not working anymore
Unread 09-27-2009, 12:13 PM
A Weald Wolf

hm i guess i just figured out the problem. the problem is a bit complicated tho. im having 2 chat windows. one i dont use at all, where all the combat spam and whatnot goes to, that thing is set to "no border+title". sadly, item links get pasted to the first chat windows always (dunno how to change that :/) so my links will always go there. no biggy, when there was text in the input bar, the window used to show the input bar... now it doesnt when set to afore mentioned window settings, i now got to set it to frame+title to be able to see the pasted item links :/

strange that everyone else seems to have the same issue oO

anyways... any idea on how to make another chat window the "first" for the item link pasting?
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
hm i guess i just figured out the problem. the problem is a bit complicated tho. im having 2 chat windows. one i dont use at all, where all the combat spam and whatnot goes to, that thing is set to "no border+title". sadly, item links get pasted to the first chat windows always (dunno how to change that :/) so my links will always go there. no biggy, when there was text in the input bar, the window used to show the input bar... now it doesnt when set to afore mentioned window settings, i now got to set it to frame+title to be able to see the pasted item links :/

strange that everyone else seems to have the same issue oO

anyways... any idea on how to make another chat window the "first" for the item link pasting?
Try this. Open your Server_Char_eq2_uisettings.xml file and search for this: <Window Name="MainChat

You should have two of them, one with Name="MainChat_clone_0" and the other with Name="MainChat_clone_1".

Try changing _0 to _1 on the first one and _1 to _0 on the second one and see if that helps. I don't know if it will, but the game may always "use" clone_0 for item linking.
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:59 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Try this. Open your Server_Char_eq2_uisettings.xml file and search for this: <Window Name="MainChat

You should have two of them, one with Name="MainChat_clone_0" and the other with Name="MainChat_clone_1".

Try changing _0 to _1 on the first one and _1 to _0 on the second one and see if that helps. I don't know if it will, but the game may always "use" clone_0 for item linking.
Yeah... Great Lordebon, worked for me, now it actually shows up in main chat, although curser ends up in my other chat window, but I can live with that.

Just a side note.
Even though the output did not go to chat from an exame window when ye "shift/clicked" an icon picture, I did find that if you clicked the link in the chat window, that would place a link in chat txt box.

Thanks Lordebon.
Attached Images

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:52 AM
A Weald Wolf

Thumbs Up

holy cow, thats been buggin me for ages, and now its gone, thank you so much!

Quote:
Yeah... Great Lordebon, worked for me, now it actually shows up in main chat, although curser ends up in my other chat window, but I can live with that.
r-click your main chatwindow and select "always chat here"
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:09 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
holy cow, thats been buggin me for ages, and now its gone, thank you so much!

r-click your main chatwindow and select "always chat here"
Lol, yeah, just suddenly remembered about that.. hahahaha.. was coming here to post my noob memory laps.. hahahaha..

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah the "always chat here" moves which window text goes to, but it does NOT alter that hard-coded clone_0 behavior it seems.

I'm glad that what I suspected was the case seems to be what was happening, a change like that is a lot easier than the old method (finding the window links are going to, and moving stuff to that tab so you use it).
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
A Weald Wolf

yea those "new" uisettings in plaintext xml format are awesome. im regularily editing those because my item examine windows regularily move out of the visible area so i have to truncate the coords from minusses.

plaintext >>> arbitrary binary format