EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map Problems...

Hi,

Love the UI, but i have a small problem with the map. Its all black (showing all the POI's) - ive downloaded and applied eq2map program but its not made any difference...

Can anyone help?
Unread 02-20-2007, 08:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having almost the same problem, except my background is all white. I am using NET Frame 2.0 could this be causing the problem?

Dalker
Unread 02-20-2007, 08:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiWolf
Hi,

Love the UI, but i have a small problem with the map. Its all black (showing all the POI's) - ive downloaded and applied eq2map program but its not made any difference...

Can anyone help?
Ummmm......have you explored the zone? The 'Fog of War' initially covers the map until you start exploring the zone. the POIs are an overlay on the map, so they will still be seen even with the Fog of War in place

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalker
I am having almost the same problem, except my background is all white. I am using NET Frame 2.0 could this be causing the problem?

Dalker
I'm not sure which one(s) it could be, but it sounds like you have an image file missing somewhere. I doubt it's because of .NET Framework 2.0, as I've had 2.0 installed without it affecting anything.

Unread 02-20-2007, 09:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

It appears that some maps are all white with POI's and some are ok. For example BB and GF are all white with only POI's. Then TS and Nek Forest look like they should. EQ map updater indicates that all maps are good to go. What should I update Fetish or EQ2 Map? Discovered something else... When I look at the world map it also is white but if I toggle off the Zone Connection overlay it fills in normal (other maps still whited out).

Dalker

Last edited by Dalker : 02-20-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Unread 02-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Post the contents of your eq2.ini please.
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:09 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Sounds like you are missing the default map images that come with the EOF expansion. Do you have a registered EOF expansion?

I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure EQ2Maps references the default images downloaded by SOE, rather then waste bandwidth (and disk space) downloading additional copies to the EQ2Maps directory.

Another possibility is that you installed the static EQ2Maps and are not using the updater. The static download might not include the EOF updates.
Unread 02-24-2007, 10:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have been away one travel but am back now and here is the contents of my eq2.ini:

ics_maxcameradistance 20
cl_movie_enabled 0
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname FetishNightfall

Yes I do have a registered copy of EOF. All was working fine for a month or so when I removed Fethis to try another. When I reinstalled Fethish and EQ2 maps ( I am using auto updater). Some of the maps came back white and some are normal. Even though the problem is not resolved thanx for the help you are providing right now.

Dalker
Unread 02-25-2007, 07:59 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Blank maps like you're discribing usually mean you are missing the image files for those maps or they've somehow been corrupted.

Try a complete file scan from the patcher.

Check that the directory listed by the EQ2Maps updater is correct, then run the updater.

If all else fails, you may need uninstall, reinstall, then run EQ2Maps.

Note: if the maps appear when you visit the zone but do not appear when using the menus let me know. This might indicate a change to something I was unaware of.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Did a full file update and all seems to be working now. Thanx for all the help.

Dalker
Unread 03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have an unrelated map problem but figured I would piggyback onto this one since it fits the title.

I have noticed on occasion (completely random) that the map will show the wrong zone. The title of the zone will be correct (for example "Antonica") however the map will actually be "Freeport" and the poi will still be for antonica.

When this happens I need to log out of the game then back in to fix it.

Any idea on what might be causing this behaviour?

Thanks,
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalithan
I have an unrelated map problem but figured I would piggyback onto this one since it fits the title.

I have noticed on occasion (completely random) that the map will show the wrong zone. The title of the zone will be correct (for example "Antonica") however the map will actually be "Freeport" and the poi will still be for antonica.

When this happens I need to log out of the game then back in to fix it.

Any idea on what might be causing this behaviour?

Thanks,
Did you use the drop-down menus to look at a different map, and still have that different map up when you zoned into a new zone? If so, that may be the source of your problem. I've had doing that blow up my maps on an occassion or two.
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylian
Did you use the drop-down menus to look at a different map, and still have that different map up when you zoned into a new zone? If so, that may be the source of your problem. I've had doing that blow up my maps on an occassion or two.
I don't believe it's related to having a different map up while zoning, as I've had the same problem multiple times while in the middle of a zone. In my experience, I think this has been tracked down to a glitch caused by the VAM (View Any Map) plugin.

Unread 03-21-2007, 07:04 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

This issue was much more common with older versions of the VAM plugin. I took great pains to reduce the likelyhood of the wrong map bug and it should be virtually eliminated.

There are still rare occassions when the EQ2 client does not properly execute the code that I simply can't prevent. For this reason, I long ago included the "Set (S)" button right of the menus. To fix a bugged map, simply select the appropriate map from the menus and click "S". No need to relog.