Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Mother's UI Pieces Thread

It appears all the cool kids have threads in here for their interfaces. I wanna be cool, so here's the thread for discussion on any of the Mother's UI Pieces.

I apologize for the frequent updates of some of the pieces, but I use them all myself, so when I see a little thing the bothers me, it gets changed pretty quickly. As soon as I'm happy with them, I promise that the updates will slow.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 01-16-2006, 01:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Vanyari

First let me say I love the new raid window. The flexability of it is just what i've been looking for. One request though, and maybe I just missed functionality that's already there, but is there a way to close windows that aren't needed? If your in a Raid x2 for example closing the other two unneeded raid windows. If not I'd very much appreciate that being added. Many thanks!
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 01-16-2006, 02:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari
First let me say I love the new raid window. The flexability of it is just what i've been looking for. One request though, and maybe I just missed functionality that's already there, but is there a way to close windows that aren't needed? If your in a Raid x2 for example closing the other two unneeded raid windows. If not I'd very much appreciate that being added. Many thanks!
There's 3 and 2 group horizontal and vertical options in the raid options window. So, hopefully you're covered
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Has anyone else had the problem that you cant see hps going up and down in
the raid window? It remains the same length and color bar always.
Unread 01-18-2006, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver1978
Are they stuck at 0, at 100, or some random point in the middle?
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver1978
I found it. I'm retarded. The health bars were referencing a style from mother's group window. That's the second time I've made that mistake, and I thought I had learned my lesson the first time.

New version just uploaded. Try it out once it gets approved.
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

what happened to the raid window in the downloads section? 0_o I know I saw it the other day (cuz I posted a suggestion there) but don't see it at all now...
Unread 01-18-2006, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrealms
what happened to the raid window in the downloads section? 0_o I know I saw it the other day (cuz I posted a suggestion there) but don't see it at all now...
It had a bug in it and I had to upload a corrected version. I'm pretty sure eq2interface manaully approves all downloads after virus scanning or something, so it could take a couple hours for the new version to show up.
Unread 01-29-2006, 04:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Nice UI

I like the modifications you made to the game's UI here. My main reason for looking around for an add-on though is I want one that'll show a player's pet when I'm grouped with them. When I play a healer I actually like to keep players' pets alive if they get hit, but starting at a group window that doesn't show pet hp makes it hard on me. Is there a way you could add that in, or any UI that does this already?
Unread 01-30-2006, 09:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrealms
What does it take to get the raid options window to pop up?
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamblade
I like the modifications you made to the game's UI here. My main reason for looking around for an add-on though is I want one that'll show a player's pet when I'm grouped with them. When I play a healer I actually like to keep players' pets alive if they get hit, but starting at a group window that doesn't show pet hp makes it hard on me. Is there a way you could add that in, or any UI that does this already?
Sony does not expose that data, so there's no way to do it. I'd be happy to if it were possible.
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamblade
What does it take to get the raid options window to pop up?
Hover the mouse over the bottom left corner of the raid window, and a button should appear with "..." on it. click that button to open the raid options.

Worst case, try /show_window MainHUD.RaidOptions
Unread 02-01-2006, 04:43 PM
A Griffon

For the people who suggested I look at Ger's individualy movable raid window, I wanted to say that I'm getting closer. I've actually got a free-form mode I've added to the raid-layout option, and it is partially working. Windows are movable and hidable individually.

Currently, I'm having trouble saving the group layout you pick (and a few other things on initial display). Freeform mode has caused quite a bit of confusion to my super-sekret mode of saving that info. But if you're still waiting, hopefully relief is on the way.

So, I've recreated what he did. When I solve the problems I created by adding it, there will be a brand new version of the raid window on the way. If anyone has any more suggestions, now is the time to give them because with the amount of cussing I'm doing now, I don't know if I'll want to touch it again
Unread 02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
A Griffon

Raid window completed...
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Player window by Mother

I really like you're various windows, especially the group, target, and player windows.

I play a templar mostly, so I don't have a pet. I made the player window's minimum size the same as the player info page, so I could shrink the window to just show the player stuff but still be able to expand ti to show the pet stuff when I happen to play a pet class. However, the bars dissapear. Theres still a very dark set where the player hp bubbles were.

I simply just edited the Minimum size, to be the same as the Player page. Is there a way to fix that? i'd really like to minimize the blank space on my screen.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into making these.
Unread 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylyJay
I really like you're various windows, especially the group, target, and player windows.

I play a templar mostly, so I don't have a pet. I made the player window's minimum size the same as the player info page, so I could shrink the window to just show the player stuff but still be able to expand ti to show the pet stuff when I happen to play a pet class. However, the bars dissapear. Theres still a very dark set where the player hp bubbles were.

I simply just edited the Minimum size, to be the same as the Player page. Is there a way to fix that? i'd really like to minimize the blank space on my screen.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into making these.
I'm not sure how I set the pack options on the different elements of the player window because I didn't indend it to resize. But apparently, other players put their windows somewhere I don't, because I think you're the second person to mention the dead space when there's no pet. My assassin has never noticed.

So, I'm guessing that non-pet users would prefer either a) the whole player window shrinks when there's no pet, eliminating the dead space, or b) I make a second version of the player window and put the pet info back in the pet window for it.

Vote now! /em plays jeopardy theme.
Unread 02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Oggok

You could just have the player window (the whole thing) able to resize. Minimum size is the size of just the player data, maximum size is the size of the player/pet data.

Then set the Pet data to be a fixed distance from the top, or side depending on the layout.

Your OnShow/OnHide commands still hide/show the pet data based off if you have a pet or not.

This way, if you are a pet class you have the window stretched full to show the pet data. If your pet dies the window does not resize but the pet data goes away.

If you are a non pet class or fluff pet class you can just shrink the window to the player info, and then it doesn't matter if you have a pet or not.
Unread 02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddbomber83
You could just have the player window (the whole thing) able to resize. Minimum size is the size of just the player data, maximum size is the size of the player/pet data.

Then set the Pet data to be a fixed distance from the top, or side depending on the layout.

Your OnShow/OnHide commands still hide/show the pet data based off if you have a pet or not.

This way, if you are a pet class you have the window stretched full to show the pet data. If your pet dies the window does not resize but the pet data goes away.

If you are a non pet class or fluff pet class you can just shrink the window to the player info, and then it doesn't matter if you have a pet or not.
I thought I had read somewhere that the player window didn't save it's size. Maybe I imagined that. Because it's way easy to just modify the window to be resizeable.
Unread 02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Oggok

My player window remembers its size. I didn't do anything special to make it that way so I think everyone's should.
Unread 02-13-2006, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, I tried it and it appeared to work, so I uploaded version 1.0.3 with resizing enabled.
Unread 02-13-2006, 06:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Wow, fast!

Thanks for the super speedy update!
Unread 02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

Just testing all my mod pieces for LU20 including all of yours =) I have the latest version of your Player window but it seems LU20 has once again broken it and the bars are not filling =/

Target and Implied are fine - and thats odd because they were on the changed list for this LU while player window wasn't mentioned. Didn't look at pet because I didn't have one sorry =)

So wanted to see if it was just me (after all even on fast cable it took me 30 hours to download the patches =D maybe they don't like me) or if anyone else has had the same??
Unread 02-23-2006, 08:07 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebrat
Just testing all my mod pieces for LU20 including all of yours =) I have the latest version of your Player window but it seems LU20 has once again broken it and the bars are not filling =/

Target and Implied are fine - and thats odd because they were on the changed list for this LU while player window wasn't mentioned. Didn't look at pet because I didn't have one sorry =)

So wanted to see if it was just me (after all even on fast cable it took me 30 hours to download the patches =D maybe they don't like me) or if anyone else has had the same??
Sent you a PM... I'm not seeing the problem, but let's get you sorted out.
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:39 AM
A Griffon

Updated it... it's an old mistake I had fixed before. Guess I still had it laying around in UIBuilder after having fixed it in my game client and the most recent changed I made to those windows brought the problem back to the surface. Sorry - hasn't been my week, doing dumb stuff all over.
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
A Griffawn

Ok having a bit of trouble with the EQMap Spoiler project..I had it running in my last UI, but the very very new 2.2.2 Profit UI seems to have me stymied. I stuck it in, inserted the include, and ...it worked ! I logged out for a bit, came back to game...and it wont pop up. Any answers?

Ah i figured it out....after running the autoupdater it fixed the whole problem and
I now have a button on my map again ! yay !

Last edited by hiroprotagonist : 04-25-2006 at 12:34 AM.