EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default GU57 Interface Changes

I wanted to start a new thread for any UI authors that have questions about the changes made for GU57. Let's please keep this thread clean of speculation, suggestions, complaints etc. I'd really just like to hone in on questions from the modders and help them get things fixed in the remaining amounts of time before GU57 is released.

If someone asks a question and you know the answer, please feel free to chime in! I just want to make sure we have a dedicated spot for these questions.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I saw someone mentioned something about the new grab handle in the hotbars. Is this element required to exist in the hotbar xml?

I believe I read you're putting the clock back in (many have been asking about it)?

And if anyone can answer this one, what exactly is the Subtitle dynamicdata that went in? What's the difference from just the Name?

Thanks Rothgar.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

The game crashes without the data for the handle if you try to show the spinner. But i made it 0,0 loc and size and it worked fine and does not affect appearance.

Subtitle appears to be target and timing data together from what i see.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 07-28-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typos/extra clarification
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
The game crashes without the data for the handle if you try to show the spinner. But i made it 0,0 loc and size and it worked fine and does not affect appearance.

Subtitle appears to be target and timing data together from what i see.

Silat
Thanks, I'll look into that crash.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Haven't had time to patch yet so I'll ask;

The new exp bar I gather will dock with the top and bottom of the screen so is it possible to make any page do that?
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Haven't had time to patch yet so I'll ask;

The new exp bar I gather will dock with the top and bottom of the screen so is it possible to make any page do that?
Only the XP bar will do that right now. I don't think we'd want every window to behave that way, so we'd need a set of options to control that behavior if we wanted this to be built into all windows.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Only the XP bar will do that right now. I don't think we'd want every window to behave that way, so we'd need a set of options to control that behavior if we wanted this to be built into all windows.
dockhorizontal=true ,dockvertical=true

Please,
Silat
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
dockhorizontal=true ,dockvertical=true

Please,
Silat
Hehe, you did the easy part. Want to come write the code for it too?
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Personally I'd like to be able to dock some windows. Eg., nail my chat window down to the lower-left corner, nail the beneficial and detrimental effects windows to the left side, pin the quest helper into the upper-right corner. I can position them so they're snugged up against the edges, but it'd be nice if they just snapped into place since I want them along the edges or in corners instead of floating free.

It'd also make changing screen sizes a bit easier. When windows and hotbars and the like are docked, the UI layout will adjust pretty decently to reasonable changes in screen size.
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM
A Griffon

It kind of already does this. If you put your chat window in the lower left, it'll stay in the lower left when you resize the window. Move it to the lower right and it'll stay in the lower right.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I saw someone mentioned something about the new grab handle in the hotbars. Is this element required to exist in the hotbar xml?

I believe I read you're putting the clock back in (many have been asking about it)?

And if anyone can answer this one, what exactly is the Subtitle dynamicdata that went in? What's the difference from just the Name?

Thanks Rothgar.
The grab handle shouldn't be required. The code should check for it and take it into consideration if its there. But if you leave it out everything should work. If you find this to not be the case, please let me know directly.

Yep, the clock is going back in.

By subtitle, I think you're talking about under the Maintained window, right? We currently had a value for amount remaining and time remaining. However, I didn't want a dedicated space in the UI for 3 lines of text. In most cases, a buff either has a duration or an amount remaining. In almost all cases, if something has an amount (poison, ward, etc) this value is more important than the duration. So the subtitle field shows the amount remaining if there is one, otherwise it shows the time remaining. This allowed me to condense the info down to a single text field.