EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Kills before level up

Hey Everyone

my brother play WoW (yirch.. :P) he have downloaded a mod for the game which gives him a small window showing how many of the current mob he have to slay to level up.. i know it's easy to figure this out yourself.. but it would be cool with such a window..

do any of you know if it exists?

if not.. it definenly is something i could wish that someone made if it's possiple..

-Rex
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I don't believe this would be possible. The WoW UI allows more freedom when modifying it, which has been a problem allowing some people to hack the game.

The closest thing you could get I believe is having your exp show in percentage, then you can see how much percentage of exp you get from a mob and figure it out yourself.
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

okay.. that's too bad

anyway.. do you know if it's possiple to get down to more than one decimal so that you have like 12.45% instead of just 12.4%?
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Talking

I would sure be interested in a Mod like that!!!
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes.. would probaly motivate me more for grinding...

or

i could just grap the calculator and figure it out one time each 5th minut
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

Server: Crushbone

Well I used to have a mod that had 2 decimal spots but it made the tenth spot redundant. For example:

It would just represent the ones spot so I ditched it. I don't find it too hard to figure out how much exp I get. Something gives me .2, so 5 kills for a blue or 1%, 50 kills for a yellow and 500 for a level. Hardly calls for a claculator.

If your killing stuff that doesnt change the tenth spot you better find something else because thats not standard exp gain.
Unread 08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Smallest available unit on the text values for XP Dynamic Data is 10ths of a percent.

I seam to recall someone doing a test on the progress bars that revealed them to be much more acurate. If so, you might be able to grab a more acurate number from the progress amount. If so, you could prbly build a calc window with 3 buttons:

A) grabs the pre-kill XP percent from the prog bar
B) grabs the post-kill XP percent from the prog bar
C) Calculates

Kill value = B - C
Kills to lvl = (100 - B)/(B - C)
Kills for entire lvl = 100/(B-C)

Could maybe include a text box for entering how far into lvl your vitality goes (vit percentage is useless for these calcs) and spit out another Kills to lvl number with partial vit factored in.
Unread 08-13-2005, 12:04 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Could maybe include a text box for entering how far into lvl your vitality goes (vit percentage is useless for these calcs) and spit out another Kills to lvl number with partial vit factored in.
I think you could have it grab the FloatValue of Experience.AdventureXP.UpperMarker and calculate it from that.
Unread 08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

what i meant by having it with 2 decimals was to think up a more precise number.. anyway it sounds like Zonx figure out something interesting
Unread 05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

i miss my wow mod, that was my push some days to finsh off a level or move on lol
Unread 05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Smallest available unit on the text values for XP Dynamic Data is 10ths of a percent.

I seam to recall someone doing a test on the progress bars that revealed them to be much more acurate. If so, you might be able to grab a more acurate number from the progress amount. If so, you could prbly build a calc window with 3 buttons:

A) grabs the pre-kill XP percent from the prog bar
B) grabs the post-kill XP percent from the prog bar
C) Calculates

Kill value = B - C
Kills to lvl = (100 - B)/(B - C)
Kills for entire lvl = 100/(B-C)

Hmm something more interesting (ie automated) might be possible, now, if you work at it..
We now have a way to compare data and conecate strings
You can automate the simple math if an ingame calculator can do it.
However, I'm not sure how much the interface system has change so I might be wrong.

You could add a page to any window that closes and opens with the target window using /gamedata.target.window (might not be exact).

I believe the target window closes when your target dies?

You could use that page's onshow to grab the value from the progress bar when the window opens.

You Could use the page's OnHide to grab and compare the after close value to the original and do calculatons to determine a more exact amount increase if it is indeed more accurate.

If there is a gain you can show a "popup" message window that says something like "You have gained .251% experience giving you a total 67.334%; it will take 14 more gains like this to level up" and give it an effectors that fades the window out and closes it.

Edit: The client used to switch the experience bar displayed if experience was gained that mechinism, if still present, might that hardcoding might be "hookable" to trigger the calculations, and displays whenever any kind of experience is gained..

just an idea, to spark up discussion.
It may just be dream.. I haven't played in a long while and although I have some idea, I don't know how much the UI system has really changed.

Last edited by Talyns : 05-09-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:18 PM
A Griffon

I d/led the trial on the Isle to make a proof of concept that traps all adventure experience gains (from mobs, quests, discoverys, etc?) and reports it above the bar.

The progress values aren't any more accurate (one decimal)

There are problems with this "PRE-BETA"..
When you log in it will report 0.000 current exp. Fixable just display it the old way. Another problem is you can't switch to the other expierence types through context buttons.. Is fixable: A button toggle would be need to be added.

I don't think kills before level up can really be achieved doing it this way because it can't track encounters. Expierience per encounters would need to be tracked then divided by the number of mobs.. I think, as it is now, you gain an encounter bonus when you kill the last mob so it's hard to track.

NOTE: This is not meant to be used on a regular basis.. It is just a rough draft to show a technique to trap experience gains.

Have Fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	4921  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (27.7 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 05-15-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Unread 05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Here's another version that looks the same but should track all experience types (Adventure, Tradeskill, Achievement).. I know adventure exp tracks correctly however, can't test the other two.

It won't switch which type of experience is displayed when you gain like the default does. However the option has to be on for this to work.

also, You can't switch which type of experience is displayed through context (right-click) menu. But if you click the left ball where level is displayed it will cycle through experience types.

Clicking the session gain total will reset the counters.

Note: Even though this is further along it still probably isn't "release" quality.
I don't think I will take it any further because my trial is over tomorrow. Don't post bug reports here, I'm not going to fix them. This is just to show a method for keeping track of experiece gains. But if someone wants to report if the other experience types work that would be cool.

I just hope it is helpful/interesting to someone.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (36.4 KB, 443 views)
Unread 05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Cool stuff.

Yah full automation has its downside. The advantage to using buttons to grab pre and post kill values is that it does allow you to see how many "encounters" like this till lvl. Since you're manually updating the pre and post compair numbers, what's captured for the comparison is at your disgression.

FWIW, I do know Acheivement float never makes it to the client. The server only ever passes full percentage changes. At first I thought maybe quest and discovery rewards were only ever in full percentages, but at lvl 70, kill XP converts to achievement XP and the bar never moves in less than 1% increments.
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:06 AM
A Griffon

Wish I had more time to play with it..

The only major drawback seems to be loosing the context toggle and automatic switching on gain. However, it may be fixiable, I tried not to disturb it to much by show the right pages and hide the right pages on gain but on the isle whenever I gained it showed the achievement page.. Couldn't figure it out.
Also it will choke on gains over 99.9%

For the encounter thing..
Encounter gain variable - Every adventure gain would be added to this variable.

Add a button when pressed would
1. calculate the approximate number of encounters needed for level up.
2. Display kills needed and encounter gain.
3. Reset the encounter gain variable to 0

Would need to be pressed at the beginning and end of an encounter
Unread 06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

anyone still working on this?

Lady1