Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs Lite UI... Support thread..... /hide

Just like the title says this be the support thread now
Unread 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Cooeeee! Im back!

WoW was fun, for 3 weeks, then the kids that play it started to piss me off. Worst UI in a game Ive ever seen too.

Anyhow, glad to see yer still keeping this going Laffs, looks ok too!

I have a suggestion tho....

The idea originally was to make this a lite version of the other one you was buggering about with, but really, it aint that lite. I love the bottom bit, s'fab! I dont like the top tho.

Ideally Id remove all the elements at the top tbh. Ill clarify that...

At the top Id want just the default type quest helper, the exp bar on its own with no background, a compass and a clock. I like Thors compass and clock tbh. This way, all yer attention is focussed on the bottom and the bit above is for gameplay only.

I tried removing the 2 elements that have quest title and info in them, but, totally lost access to my journal and got some wierd error messages *giggle*, Im sure it would only take you 5 mins, can you whip them out for me pretty please?? Hey could call it Laffs Ultra Lite!

If you could knock me up a version with the top like that, I can test it and stuff for you /giggle

Miss me??
Unread 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Omg...... here we go again... he's back.... what did I do to deserve this /cry

You mumbled that lot out so fast I forgot what half of the orders where by the time I had finished reading it lol

I will look into this in a few days time as I am off to a LAN party for the weekend in a few hours.. and got lots to do before I go

So cya laters

/exit
Unread 07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
A Griffon

*giggle*

Ok been playing, shouldnt take a lot tbh, look at the attached screeny!

The journal helper would be ok if I could turn off that white border, but I cant. Thats with background set to zero, no frame etc etc but its still showing!

I like Thors clock and compass, have a look at them! Thats it tbh. I cant figure out why half the UI is blue marble and half is the cool black grad I did, tho Im sure that will come back to me.

Got a few other ideas for the start button but Ill bother you with that later on when Ive had a chance to think about it

LAN party? At your age? Or you running it for your kids??

Admit you missed me! Ive made you the most popular modder on here ffs!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000045.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	3233  
Unread 07-29-2005, 11:39 AM
A Griffon

Lol... Last response before I go lol

The most stressed modder on here maybe

Change the name of your marble .dds to "laffsskin.dss" and drop it in images folder that could be the problem.

The LAN party is consists of 2 teams of CS players and some peeps from the guild on EQ about 42 in all..... realy its an excuse to drink loads of beer and actualy meet some of the peeps I play EQ with

As for missing you lol

Well tbh Bakes took over from you! I was begining to think you and him was the same person lol .... Now I got 2 of you to deal with ! .... Going to find some rope I thinks

Unread 07-30-2005, 07:05 PM
A Griffon

Ok! Heres another more recent screeny with a proper colour scheme now.

Only niggles tbh are:

1. Quest journal helper. Its got some freaky white border I cant get rid of no matter what settings I use. Id be happy if that white border went or if the entire helper went and the default one was in.

2. Health Bar. I think its the HP one *giggle*. The one thats solo, moveable on its own. When I dont have the frame on, so I dont have the grey curvy top, I get a 2 pixelish high black line, minor but annoying. Any ideas why?

3. Clock. Could it be like this but horizontal not vertical you think?

4. Compass. Love it thank you ffs dont change or touch this

5. Start button. Horizontal would be fab. Or, put it where the solo moveable HP guage is, and put the HP One back where the casting / breath bar is, and put the casting bar / breath bar back as normal on the screen above the UI area in the bottom.

Apart from that, s'fab
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000046.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	3243  
Unread 07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
A Griffon

Right try these
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madhogs_alt_windows.zip (6.8 KB, 579 views)
Unread 08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
A Griffon

*cough* Sorry, been busy heh. Ok tried that, and it aint helped. When I set the background transparency to nothing, it goes black. I want it clear dammit C L E A R!!

*giggle*

Theres sommat funny going on with the start button too, its huuuuge! Ill post a screeny when I get home form work tonight!

Oh at one point, not sure what Id done but I ended up with 2 power gauges and no health guage, thankfully I didnt know I was dieing but the healer did heh. Thats sorted tho since I reinstalled the UI. Those new files above tho, dont help.
Unread 08-31-2005, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

Its black coz you must have the letterbox enabled

Just resize the start button.... I made it that way so peeps could size it to fit into different places on the UI.

You ended up with 2 power guages coz you must have only used a few files from the alt folders you gotta use ALL the files in the alt folders if you want the alt windows to work correctly......

I know I am crap at writing instructions but I'm damn sure I did state that at least
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Lies! I dont use the letterbox thingy, look at the screeny! Unless you mean I have to use letter box? That would defeat the whole point tho! Just removing the files that affect that portion would work Ida thought, as the default one is ok, I tried that tho and really messed it up heh.

Not sure about the other thing, but thats sorted now, yes I prolly didnt read any readme files ahem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000049.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	3566  
Unread 08-31-2005, 12:21 PM
A Griffon

Now I can see from the SS that its not the background that is the problem.. In the active quest and quest name windows there is another page if you like that has a frame with a lower opacity that sits over the top of the background to make the text more visible so to speak.... Its those that will need to be removed from the code..

Will do it when I get time.
Unread 09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
A Griffon

Oks done them
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alt_windows.zip (6.1 KB, 573 views)
Unread 09-03-2005, 05:24 AM
A Griffon

Ta! As you can see from the screeny, its almost there heh, cant remove that white border tho.

Whilst waiting on ya to do this, I had a play with Profits UI.

The top of his is fab! The only things I really didnt like were the compass and target + implied target are all in one unit, and I prefer me target boxes at the bottom, and his char info box top right is too big.

He has the coolest journal ever tho, right from the way its done at the top, down to when you open it you got pages of lore info, heritage info, L&L etc.

You should go look at it!

If I could merge your Lite Bottom, your exp bar, your clock, your target and implied target with his journal, his quest thingy at the top and his inventory buttons you can display on screen, Id be a happy gnome.

His colour scheme and font stuff is cool too.

/tap

/giggle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000050.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	3590  
Unread 09-03-2005, 05:26 AM
A Griffon

Oh and check out his startbutton, now *that* is fab, wouldnt take much for a crazy genius like, say, YOU!, to add in the other couple of mini buttons we use.

Unread 09-03-2005, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

I have been following Profits UI and yes it is a damn good un...

But I have no desire to "merge" any of his stuff in my UI... Reason being the concept and style of the 2 UI's is very different and if I was to copy and change any of the styles in Profits UI windows then they just wouldnt be the same and make the resulting UI look like a mix and match mess..

As for alt ideas for the start button, I have been looking at quite a few others to see what they are using on theirs... Going to be changing mine a bit somtime soon hardest part is figuring out a clean layout for it... Keep in mind I have made alot of start buttons and other windows that have lots of clicky buttons on them, but this UI is surposed to be "lite" is it not lol

Anyways I was thinking of placing buttons in the start menu itself I already have the performace panel in there... like I say still looking into updateing this stuff a bit.
Unread 09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
A Griffon

Hey Laffy, will this still work on Tuesday when they unleash Desert of Flames upon us?
Unread 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
A Griffon

Yes as long as you delete the file called eq2ui_examine.xml

As it only seems to be the tooltip thats messed up.... But I know what Soe is like and have spend ages on getting stuff ready for past updates only to find they have changed stuff at the last min.... So I wait till it go's live then I fix UI problems
Unread 09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

This one is real close to being fixed .... the effects window is working as it is but is getting a re code along with a few other windows I have been holding off doing untill now.....

If the damn server would stop crashing I would be able to post a working version much quicker
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks a ton for your hard work Laff, it's most appreciated.

If I find any issues I'll edit this post.

Ok so far:

Tooltips don't work on hotbars or in knowledge book. (Sort option is there and working)

Skills window - no bar graph or text

All else seems to work that I saw. Thanks again

Last edited by Despach : 09-14-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Unread 09-14-2005, 06:57 AM
A Griffon

Problems I had last night were:

1. Guild Window missing new tab

2. Tool tips not working (get a box with icons but no text) this is from the hotbars and the knowledge book

3. Knowledge book has no sort options

That is all I can remember heh.
Unread 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Hiyas! I am trying out your UI and so far it seems pretty cool I was just wondering if we can change the backgrounds on here using the perdigraphics files? also, are there any screenies of all of the different options available?

Thanks in advance - and I know you are busy with updating, so sorryto bug ya about trivial stuff!

Thanks,
~Vamp
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:37 AM
A Griffon

Right thanks for the info guys...

What I forgot to mention was you should delete the contents of the old Laffs Lite folder before you download and install the new one....

What I am going to have to do here is strip out all of the alt windows folders I have in the UI for the time being and get the basic set up working correctly as some of the problems you guys have mentioned I am not having the same issues.... Then get stuff working again from there bit by bit..

It would be laffsskin.dss you change for the backgrounds on this UI

Last edited by Laffs : 09-14-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Thank you! =) I will go ahead and play with the graphics background then
Unread 09-14-2005, 11:51 AM
A Griffon

Ok just tried that version with the 1 at the end. Tooltips arent a problem cos the game tells me when I log in the UI aint compatible and stops them being used heh. However, get no tooltip at all, not even the name, off either the hotbars or the spellbook.

Spellbook sort working ok.

Guild window still not got new tabs.

Lost the box with the Zone name etc in for some reason. Yes I just deleted old folder and put that one in, no changes, just used the no labels hotkey file you provide.
Unread 09-14-2005, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default cannot unequip arrows

Hey Laffs,
I'm a long time dedicated Laffs UI fanatic and I really adore how spartan this new UI is. The only issue I'm having with this UI is the fact that I can't unequip arrows from the inventory window. Also, selecting other arrows from my bag and attempting to "equip" it as a means of swapping the type of arrows is also impossible. I was willing to ignore this before expansion but now arrow type used is so much more crucial.

Hope this is an easy fix
Deliche