EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default Sentinel's Fate Issue with Parent.Name

I've fixed the Parent.Name problem today so hopefully it'll be on live servers by Thursday.

Because of Battlegrounds adding server names in front of a player's name, we cleaned up several places in the UI by running the player's name through a function to clean off the server. This means that "Name.Text" will return the cleaned up name which is ok for display, but may not work for commands and other things where you need the full player name.

I've added a new property to the Name label that gets updated in code with their full name and its called, "FullName". So use Parent.Name.FullName if you want the whole name as it appears on a battlegrounds server. (Test_Copy.Rothgar)
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Cool. Thanks for the update Rothgar.
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

How would FullName appear on non-battlegrounds servers. ie. would it be nagafen.silat or just silat?

Silat
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

It seems the default live raid window is already using this, so I would assume it is showing the correct name for the correct location.

Code:
<Icon DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Speaking" IconRect="124,204,135,215" IconResource="/images/widgets01.dds" Location="3,3" Name="Speaking" onpress="vivox_adjust_volume Parent.Name.FullName" ScrollExtent="10,10" Size="10,10" TreatAsButton="true" />
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DropToParent="true" Font="/Fonts.FontArial13" Location="15,1" Name="Name" PackLocation="top,left" ScrollExtent="75,16" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style" Size="75,16">:5fd3b538acb4e75c:Longestnameposs</Text>
Or else the Vivox engine is smart enough to strip the prefix when needed as well. Guess I'll try it tonight and see what happens.

EDIT: Seems to work fine on a normal server and doesn't require the previous hack I made up.

Last edited by EQAditu : 02-25-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

I tested it on live after the servers came back up and it does appear to be functional. Can't test in battlegrounds because that is locked atm.

Silat
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Is this in the Target window in any form?
I have a inspect player button in my target window and I'm trying to get it work in PVP.

I know that you cannot inspect the enemy, but you can inspect team members. I can't seem to get it to work via the UI as the FullName doesn't appear to be working in the Target window's "Name" object.