EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-21-2005, 02:47 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Default Need help with UIBuilder

I am currently just starting out with this utility. I have researched as best I could and downloaded the Phipps walk through (Nice but I still have questions concerning the program). I have used other games/program construction sets, so I will be able in time to get used to this program But currently I am having some difficulties. I want to actually create some windows from scratch, I hope this is possible.

My #1 major concern is that when I open the UIBuilder and try to select certain windows to change/alter it only brings up the transparent red box but does not actually show me the window itself. For instance, I am trying to modify the Raid window. I start up the program (I have set the EQ2UI.cfg to the correct folder) I go over to the MainHUD Tab and I see certain windows (Only 4 show the actual window how it appears in the game, Those are Societies, Waypoints, Chat, and Window Settings) On the left side of the screen in the pull down menu area I can select Raid window, but all I get is the Red box. This is confusing me. I thought maybe the Images folder needed to be copied as well, but that did not fix the issue. This is the same way for many other windows. Tradeskills, Maintained Spell effects, etc.

Am I doing some common made mistake? Please help me correct this issue. Again I am new to the program and would like the aid of the veteran users, I am determined to find a solution.

Thank you in Advance
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

There's a button to toggle a window show/hide. A little eye icon I believe. Need to press it to a show a window if it's hidden.

Bottom left, Object Properties.
Unread 11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Thank you so much. I see it now. In case other people find this post and are curious, it is in the smaller window Labeled SOE EQ2 UIBuilder, right below the folder tree view where Object Properties (Page) etc it is next to them right next to the lock looking Icon !!

Thank you Soo much for this information..