EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default 1 question from a returning player

I haven't played eq2 for a few years, on my return yesterday I made a pitstop here to DL the profit ui and it's goodies as that is what I used before.
It seems to me I remember that profit ui had not only the cure icons next to the nameplates in a group/raid but also the main heals for your class ie; my templar had the reactive heals there as well.
Am I mistaken in this? I do not have them this time around so I am confused.

Thanks for any help!
Unread 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

They are still there. On the group window just above the cures you should see buttons 1-5 when you mouse over the player name.

Silat
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

One more question, well ok a couple questions. While on my trips to other games, I picked up the razer naga mouse to give myself thumbtip access to the 12 buttons on the numbap. Does profit or any other mod make the numbap accessable ..meaning I would be able to assign abilities to the buttons, in the same way as the top row of numbers, also is there a way to make the shift button accessable as a key modifier instead of just the alt and ctrl keys?
Would very much love to know how to do these things in this game, as it has the most buttons needed out of just about any other game out there.
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chealee View Post
One more question, well ok a couple questions. While on my trips to other games, I picked up the razer naga mouse to give myself thumbtip access to the 12 buttons on the numbap. Does profit or any other mod make the numbap accessable ..meaning I would be able to assign abilities to the buttons, in the same way as the top row of numbers, also is there a way to make the shift button accessable as a key modifier instead of just the alt and ctrl keys?
Would very much love to know how to do these things in this game, as it has the most buttons needed out of just about any other game out there.
You can assign functions to numpad keys in the Control options. The main trick is getting the NumLock setting right. Toggle it the wrong way and the game doesn't see numpad keys, it sees the ordinary numbers from the main keyboard instead. That isn't anything to do with the mappings, it's literally a difference in what keycodes the keyboard driver is sending to the EQ2 client. The Razer Naga may or may not be affected by the NumLock setting, you'd have to experiment. But if it does send numpad keycodes, the game should be able to assign them to actions just fine.
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
You can assign functions to numpad keys in the Control options. The main trick is getting the NumLock setting right. Toggle it the wrong way and the game doesn't see numpad keys, it sees the ordinary numbers from the main keyboard instead. That isn't anything to do with the mappings, it's literally a difference in what keycodes the keyboard driver is sending to the EQ2 client. The Razer Naga may or may not be affected by the NumLock setting, you'd have to experiment. But if it does send numpad keycodes, the game should be able to assign them to actions just fine.
I saw the place to assign functions, but there was nowhere to set my class abilities to it, I want to place abilites on a bar and label them numpad 1-12. I am not incredibly savy with coding and the like, just enough to know how to personalize premade mods. As far as the razer naga, there is a switch to either let it use the top row of numbers or the numpad, right now to function in game i have it set to the top row of numbers, i want to set it to numpad so that those 12 buttons are being used, right now they arent used for anything.
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After fiddling around for a bit i figured it out =) I now have 36 abilities accesable to my mouse thumb! hooray!
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chealee View Post
I saw the place to assign functions, but there was nowhere to set my class abilities to it, I want to place abilites on a bar and label them numpad 1-12. I am not incredibly savy with coding and the like, just enough to know how to personalize premade mods. As far as the razer naga, there is a switch to either let it use the top row of numbers or the numpad, right now to function in game i have it set to the top row of numbers, i want to set it to numpad so that those 12 buttons are being used, right now they arent used for anything.
The hotbars are hard-coded to the main keyboard number keys (alone and in combination with Ctrl and Alt). The game doesn't have any way of assigning things from your knowledge book to keys, you can only put them in hotbar slots that're bound to keys. The only way I can think of to do what you want is to set the Naga's buttons to be the regular number keys and put the abilities you want in the appropriate hotbar (the one set to use the plain number keys). If you've got a way of setting the Naga to press Ctrl or Alt along with the numbers, you could control those additional two hotbars too.