EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-30-2005, 02:05 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Casting window

Hellu again.

Can you make a nice "Casting" window? Everything must be original from you. hehe. I have one casting orb from someone.... But i want original.
Unread 06-05-2005, 06:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default help please

what is the default key to bring up the casting/breath bar i dont have it???
Unread 06-08-2005, 04:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Missing buttons

Beautiful Interface..
I instaleld it today. And everything looks fantastc. Except my Knowledge book... the buttons are gone so i can not switch from skills to spells... the page changing buttons (the arrows on your screen shot) are missing the graphics but hte hot spot for clicking is still there.

Any ideas?
I tried looking at the xml but i cant figure out when its calling for the buttons.

Thanks a million
And damn nice job on the look of it all
Unread 06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default UI Problems

I'm having a couple problems, one of which is probably a compatibility issue with Fetish.

Anyway...I'm using this mod, & found a really nice Inventory mod (Fetish6wayInventory v4.0). Once I place this mod in, I begin to face an issue with the spell book (Tabs Abilities, Spells & Tradeskills, and the Close orb vanish...I can still click on them...but they just aren't there). Is this just a compatibility issue (Fenix doesn't work with Fetish?? Or is there some code I may change??)

Secondly, since the new update and release of the Splitpaw Saga, I began to have another issue. The new updates change the Skills window. But as long as I have the Fenix mod in place, the Skills window only displays a few pictures (not all of them) and no words/numbers displaying where my skills are at. (I know that Fenix is the issue, I've completely deleted all mods and the first mod I put in place was Fenix(complete set)...problem lies within the code or its overwriting something...I dunno) Also wondering if anybody else is experiencing this.

I really don't want to havta lose this mod...absolutely love it!! Mad props to those of you who created it!!
Unread 07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have been using your UI since about a month after EQ2 started. I have to tell you that it is the most useful UI I have used. Everything fits where I want it, and it all flows together.

Today, 7-2-05, there was a patch to EQ2 that seems to have altered the skills menu. I now cannot see any of my skills (not knowledge, but skills) would you please do an update to this UI to be compatible with the new EQ2 changes. Thank you very much. You are doing awesome work!!

Mahjin of Oasis Server
Unread 07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Fenix UI fix for Skill window

Is there a fix for the Skill window in game? Since they added the revised Skill Window the Fenix UI shows the boxes but no skills. Any ideas?
Unread 07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Skills Window Bug

Fenix needs a Skills Window update...the new update with the #11 patch causes Fenix to not display anything other than black boxes in the Skills Window. Thanks!

Arremis
Unread 07-08-2005, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I get the same thing where I can't see the skills, was wondering if it was just me, but I guess not.

-Praen Miracles
Lvl 34 Templar
Unread 07-08-2005, 10:07 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Skills Window Bug Verified

It is the Fenix UI....I verified this by removing Fenix from my EQ2 folder and running in default mode....Skills Window shows up properly....put Fenix back in....Skills Window goes black....take it out again....Skills Window shows up just fine. Just to let you know....FIX IT PLEASE I NEED MY FENIX FIX!!!

Thanks!

Arre
Unread 07-14-2005, 08:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

Copy and paste the last line of the Fenix EQ2UI.INI file on the the default eq2ui.ini file (the one relating to the tking_arcane elemtent). Everything will work fine for LU#11.
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
A Griffon

Hi Roark... Can you be a bit more specific with your recommendation please..

I kinda understand what you are saying just not 100% sure of the actual files.. I see a EQ2UI.XML in the fenix archive but no EQ2UI.ini so are you referring to the .XML file as far as the last line to copy?

Please let me know..

Thanks
Unread 07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Since the new patch, the skin is crashing the game at zone load. If I remove the Fenix UI, the game loads fine. Is there a fix in the works for this new patch?

Thanks,

DarthofAgony
Unread 07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same here Darth. I hope there is a fix coming, this is by far the best ui mod and I would love to keep using it
Unread 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Check the frontpage of www.eq2interface.com, the fix for all custom UI's after today's (July 20th) patch is there, as well as on the forums at everquest2.station.sony.com
Unread 07-24-2005, 01:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question Cant get this UI to work

Found the answer I needed about adding lines to the eq2ui.xml file. All good now and love this UI!

I have 2 accounts and tried this ui on main one I use that has other UI mobs and get client crash everytime I try to log on. SO I figure I am screwing something up so I tried to install on my 2nd account that has no ui mods at all.

I downlaod the zip file to my ui floder then I extract all file into that folder. I then move the INI file to the eq2 folder. I did not set up the map updater on second account. I also so client crash when trying to log on.

I am sure I am fuggin this up but tried for a while and no luck. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nevodm : 07-24-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Unread 09-10-2005, 06:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will this the best UI ever get a update at any point ?
Unread 09-14-2005, 09:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Some things need fixing after DoF. Great UI BTW
Unread 09-17-2005, 09:46 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Fenix...

Folks, Fenix hasn't a) responded in months b) updated this UI in about 6 months. I wouldn't expect anything to be released. Unfortunately, as much as this UI is the very best I've come across, it appears to have died. If Taco or anyone else wants to help those folks out that are here by fixing some of the issues that prevent the UI from functioning correctly, please feel free to do so!!! A lot of people LOVE this UI, but are having to scrap it and move on to other UIs they don't really like or want. *Someone* please step up and help!!!

Help me Obi Won... you're my only hope! lol
Unread 09-20-2005, 03:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

i have a question that i hope you can answer. for the post DOF launch persona window, i can get it to show up now that i have your mod....is there something i need to do? delete something, install a different window? i want to be able to look at my factions when i want to and i cant seem to do that right now seeing as i get a blue screen o' death (small one lol, goes where the persona window belongs) instead....any help would be GREAT. other than that one problem, i LOVE this mod!!!

Wildiwen Bloodbriar of the Befallen server
Unread 09-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Cool

I posted on the avatarguild message boards, though they appeared abandoned. Fenix isn't even listed on the Nektulos server anymore, so I'm assuming this UI is now considered as unsupported (especially since it hasn't been updated in forever).

I've been applying the updates piecemeal as they came out for my personal use.... but I've finally become frustrated enough to take this UI over.

Please note, this will be my first attempt at a full blown UI - all constructive criticism is welcome (but please, have some possible solutions to any problems you encounter. )

I expect to have the first "beta" version posted on this site this weekend, hopefully by this afternoon. That version will be basically just updates to his original UI, with all patches, an updated installation instruction page, and the update EQ2Map mod installer. I've also already posted on the T. King message boards, so expect to see some new artwork additions after I finish teaching myself UIBuilder, instead of "hard" coding everything by hand. We'll see how it goes from there......

One Final note.... I'll be changing the name of the UI as well, since he's not supporting it. (I'll make sure to footnote "Fenix" in a few places, so y'all find the new one)

Rawr,
Wulfy
Unread 09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

/bow THANK YOU!!!!! i like the UI as is, just i could use my skill and persona window lol. but seein as you are takin over, you can do as you please
Unread 09-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Beta Support thread located here - UI has been uploaded, and is pending administrator review. I'll post a link to that, once it's given the once over to make sure everything's ok.

Rawr!

edit: Beta download located at http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4001

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 09-24-2005 at 04:36 PM.