EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-08-2004, 06:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Spell Icons...

I have this burning sensation to port the old EQ spell icons into EQ2's spells...And I'm not talking about EQ's current icons, but the original 10 ghetto icons or however many there were. Don't know if it will work though, have to wait and see how spells are when I get to play.

Sinite
Unread 07-08-2004, 09:14 AM
A Brown Bear

i am sure they will have icons made for EQ2 and when they do i will use them =)
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I could see where some of the old icons would help EQ2 players better remember which icon does what spell.....but in the long run the newer icons will be much better, and possibly ....animated?
Unread 07-13-2004, 02:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

I really didnt like the origional spell icons, but I am hoping a lot of the icon creators from EQ Interface switch over to make icons for EQ2, if even just to make the icons.

Unread 09-08-2004, 07:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I plan on attempting to port over the WC3 Icons I made for EQ to EQ2 when we get the chance. If no one else does that is... cause, im pretty dang lazy.

www.insidiousblood.net
DISCLAIMER - nothing said in the above post should be taken either way as confirmation nor denial of anything what so ever, up to and including the existance of the poster. Any assumption of events based on above material will be erronious and very very foolish. Plus, no one usually ever listens to me anyways.
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuB
I could see where some of the old icons would help EQ2 players better remember which icon does what spell.....but in the long run the newer icons will be much better, and possibly ....animated?
The ones in the game 3 weeks ago that i got to see (no where near all of them) were not animated. But they have a fading grey shading.

Let me detail. The default spell/ability/hotkey bar is 1 row by 10 slots. and is usable with mouse or keyboard. it is expandable to 3 rows i think... GenCon is almost a month out my memory is fading. The icons are all square 40x40 pixel or so boxes. when you use Taunt for example the Taunt box is greyed out and the 'grey' slowly fades off the icon. coinciding with the reuse time. The same goes for spells since spells and melee abilities are all the same function in the game now.

Myself i can't wait for people to start making new icon sets.

Note: As a clarificaiton, the above information is not breaking any NDA as it was all gathered from the time i spent playing (~ 1 hour) and watching the game be played at GenCon Indianapolis last month.
Unread 10-13-2004, 03:57 PM
A Coastal Crab

I definitely agree that the first thing I'll want to replace is the icons. I saw EQ2 at E3 this year, and I was hoping a lot of that stuff was temporary art. I have seen some screenshots in the past couple of months that still had some of the "new" icons though, so that makes me think they may not be temporary.
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:31 PM
A Brown Bear

in some of the screen shots I have seen from Beta the Hot keys box has '1234567890-=' so 12 buttons/slots per row

Unread 10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Icons

I'm sure the one sure thing that we can count on is continuous change and lots of it initially.

Something to think about is everytime you do an update those icons are subject to be written over and that may become a pain in the butt if they do make changes over time.