EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Patch Notes

Unread 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Default [Test] Test Update Notes: Friday, April 23, 2010(2)

FEATURES
NEW HALAS
  • The city of New Halas, namesake of the original city of the Northmen destroyed by cataclysm and war, sits in the heart of the isle of Erollis, a treacherous land of biting temperatures and aggressive fauna within the freezing waters of the Frostfang Sea. Originally a village of war hardened dwarves, it has since grown due to being blessed by Mithaniel Marr and reconnected with the Shattered Lands of Norrath. Pilgrims to New Halas can find their way there via a griffin at the docks in the Butcherblock Mountains. New characters created for New Halas will start at Pilgrim’s Landing, an encampment near the isle of Erollis, in the zone Frostfang Sea.
  • Note: Residents of Qeynos, Kelethin, or New Halas wishing to change their citizenship should now find an Ambassador with the purpose tag within their respective city who can give clearer guidance on exactly how to do this and where to go.
THE ICY KEEP: RETRIBUTION
  • A new level 90+ x4 raid dungeon with associated quests is aimed to give players an easy to moderate challenge! The pesky Frostfoots have found a new way into the Icy Keep and this time the Ice Maidens are ready for them! Join Snarf, Gerbi and many more in their quest to rid themselves of the newly hatched Ice Dragon, Vrewwx! Consider yourselves warned, however… Before entering you might want to bring 23 of your friends to help you get past his guardians.
STORYLINES
  • A new “Storyline” tab has been added to the bottom of the Quest journal. The Storyline window will help you keep track of the many adventures you encounter as you explore the world of Norrath. Additionally, the Storyline window will help lead you to new adventures as they become available for you to enjoy!
TRAVEL REVAMP
  • We have made several changes to the game in an effort to streamline travel.
  • Traveling to different locations uses a new interface.
  • Now when selecting a travel location via teleportation, bell, or sokokar/horse/griffon etc. you will do so through a travel map.
  • Simply double click your choice, or select it and then press OK to be whisked away.
  • Mousing over a location when using world teleportation displays a level range and some background information on the area.
  • Bell/carpet zone travel has been consolidated. Bells on the different continents have all been linked together. This means the bells that were in Nektulos are no longer limited to 6 locations. These bells have been reduced to one bell that is linked to other bells across Norrath. Bells used to travel within Qeynos and Freeport have not been changed except that they now use the travel map allowing for more direct connections to where you wish to go.
  • Druid portals no longer require the player to have harvested a Blessed Shrubbery.
  • Blessed Shrubberies have been imbued by Tunare with the power to transport players to any of the other druid rings!
  • Translocate no longer requires a planar symbol.
  • Translocate portals were transporting players to incorrect spots in the Bonemire and The Barren Sky. This has been corrected.
  • Planar symbols have been removed from vendor lists.Sokokar posts no longer require the Sokokar item.
  • They now check that you have completed either the tradeskill or adventuring version of the quest. This affects the following zones:
    • Chardok
    • Jarsath Wastes
    • Kylong Plains
    • Kunzar Jungle
    • Fens of Nathsar
  • You are no longer required to visit a Sokokar post before being able to travel there. This affects the following zones:
    • Jarsath Wastes
    • Kylong Plains
    • Kunzar Jungle
    • Fens of Nathsar
  • The following zones no longer require you to do a quest or go to a location before accessing the inner zone travel option. The quests that were there previously have been reworked so that players can still do them optionally.
    • Nektulos Forest
    • Thundering Steppes
    • Sinking Sands
    • Pillar of Flames
  • The flight paths leading to and leaving from Butcherblock, and connecting to Timorous or Darklight, have been modified some to be more geographically appropriate.
  • The following quests have been modified and had money rewards attached to them:
    • Griffon Egg for the Nektulos Tower Stations
    • Griffon Egg for the Steppes Tower Stations
  • The following zones now have inner zone travel options or have had new locations added to them:
    • Steamfont
    • Zek
    • Feerrott
    • Enchanted Lands
    • Everfrost
    • Greater Faydark
    • Nektulos
  • All spires that can be reached through wizard teleportation should now have a static teleporter and they should all now link to the entire network. This affects the following zones:
    • Greater Faydark
    • Moors of Ykesha
    • Kylong Plains
    • Tenebrous Tangle
    • Bonemire
    • Barren Sky
  • All call spells have had their cast times reduced to 10 seconds. This affects the following spells:
    • Call of The Overlord
    • Call of Kelethin
    • Call of Qeynos
    • Call of Gorowyn
    • Call of Neriak
    • Call of Haven
    • Call to Guild Hall
    • Call of Ro
  • Guild hall bell amenities have been changed:
    • Since all bells are the same now we have given each one a different look.
    • The sinking sands carpet now acts like a bell but will retain the carpet look for those who like it.
PvP WARFIELDS
  • Antonica and Commonlands have once again become hotbeds of conflict! Will your lands be overrun or will your forces prevail against the siege?
  • Warfields are Good vs. Evil faction based.
  • Rewards will be Discord Tokens with a higher quantity to the winning team.
  • The event will stagger between Antonica and 2 hours later in Commonlands and last for 30 minutes.
  • The Antonica and Commonlands zones have been CHANGED to 10 level ranges from 4 to allow a wider range of skirmishes.
Event (Offense)
  • Four towers located near the three griffin towers and one near the city gate will spawn 10 minutes before the skirmish.
  • At the start of the event, the towers will have 5 guardian statues that will need to be destroyed by the invaders.
  • The Tower Guardians are protected by powerful magic but are vulnerable to players of certain levels.
  • The Purple Tower Guardian will damage anyone level 31 or higher.
  • The Blue Tower Guardian will damage anyone level 51 or higher.
  • The Green Tower Guardian will damage anyone level 71 or higher.
  • The Red Tower Guardian is attackable by all level ranges.
  • The White Tower Guardian will be immune until all other guardians at that tower are defeated.
  • Destroying the White Tower Guardian destroys that tower.
  • If all four Towers are destroyed, the invaders are victorious!
Event (Defense)
  • The battles favors the defending team Evil (Commonlands) or Good (Antonica).
  • The defenders have 10 minutes to prepare for the siege and must then defend all four towers for 30 minutes.
SHADER 3.0
  • EverQuest II now supports Shader 3.0 with new vibrant colors and depth processed by your GPU! To enable this feature, on supported cards, check the ‘Shader 3.0’ box in the Performance section of the Display options.
STONEBRUNT HIGHLANDS
  • Many new quests have been added to the Stonebrunt Highlands! Seek out Sous Chef Jailaya in Moonfield Hamlet, Damodar in the Mausoleum of Scholars and Felidael in the Kejek encampment.
GENERAL
  • Fixed an issue where a character would stand on their mount for a brief second if they summoned a mount while wielding a weapon.
  • Fixed an issue where using a server controlled mount, that was similar to your active mount, would cause your active mount to disappear visually.
  • Fixed an issue where the client would sometimes crash if minimized during a flythrough sequence.
  • Fixed an issue where using a group illusion while on a mount could render a character topless.
  • Fixed an issue causing guild halls to not be available in other copies of the exterior zone if purchased when more than one copy exists.
  • Increasing your defense, parry, and/or deflection skills to very high levels will no longer cause your chance to avoid attacks to go down.
  • Looking around while moving backwards with strafe should no longer make you reverse directions.
USER INTERFACE
  • When inspecting spells and abilities on PvE servers the PvP checkbox will default to unchecked.
  • The PvP checkbox will only appear on an item if the PvP description differs from the PvE description.
  • The tooltip on avoidance now shows both the normal block and uncontested block value for your character
  • The tooltip for stamina has been updated to better explain how it affects spell resistance.
  • Players can no longer change their UI while dead (this would cause the revive window to vanish).
  • The mouseover tooltip for tradeskill recipes will now properly display the byproduct amounts.
AMENITIES
  • The Training Dummy Supply Chest guildhall amenity now provides dummies of varying difficulty.
  • Raid an epic dummy! (Loot not included)
  • The Training Dummy Supply Chest now offers a set of grouped training dummies.

More...
Unread 04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

There's a lot more to read if you click through the link.

No real UI changes coming. Mostly just tooltip changes for PVP/recipes, and not being able to change your UI when the YOU ARE DEAD window is up.

I guess there's no UI "revamp" this time around. 'course Brenlo is no longer around, so I guess we won't get any heads up from him.
Unread 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Patching the test server, gotta check this out.
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Haven't patched test yet, this GU seems ok. I'm curious as to exactly how much they lowered research... I thought it was fine at 30 days for T9, though the lower tiers could definately have been lowered to be actually useful then.

Travel revamp will be interesting... will make it easier to get around in some ways, although the sokokar post change may be annoying in the rare cases where you use a flag or the like to get an alt posts when you don't care about actually doing the quests on them (ie crafters). How the "travel map" looks remains to be seen... the idea reminds me of regular RPGs (especially DA:O, since I'm finally playing that now hehe) and may be pretty good if properly implemented.

All around, this GU gives me the impression of trying to make the game easier / simpler for new players. Which is not at all surprising, given that they're probably planning on launching a new trial / advertising blitz with Halas.
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:50 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Seems like a very nice GU for sure.
Still missing the /hide mount button, but other than that I think its looking nice
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:43 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The shader 3.0 is amazing.

At first I thought it was gonna be a really nice graphic improvement to the game. Then I slowly crept back to realizing: hey it's just shaders, not textures, blah blah.
But wow, it makes a worlds difference, especially if you've got your settings on the higher end.

My fps went up almost 20 in some scenarios on average
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The shader 3.0 is amazing.

At first I thought it was gonna be a really nice graphic improvement to the game. Then I slowly crept back to realizing: hey it's just shaders, not textures, blah blah.
But wow, it makes a worlds difference, especially if you've got your settings on the higher end.

My fps went up almost 20 in some scenarios on average
Oo nice. Can't wait to see how it looks on my new laptop, and a FPS increase in most circumstances would be very nice (especially assuming newer graphics are better optimized for shader 3 over shader 1).
Unread 04-25-2010, 02:12 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

During beta I tried it and it wasn't all that impressive. Has it changed since?
Unread 04-25-2010, 02:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

No clue. Probably just more shaders completed in the conversion. Plus it's like fully turned on on the Test server now.

Either way, I'm happy with the change. Running character textures in maximum resolution, with 10 high res characters, and all that jazz.... it just looks really nice.

It looks less... "blurry". That was the thing I didn't like about EQ2 versus other games with "lesser graphics". Some stuff seemed blurry, but high res... The sharpness and cleanliness in shaders and textures is a win-win. So I like that it's looking better now. Hoping everyone can see improvements with the shader 3.0.
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
No clue. Probably just more shaders completed in the conversion. Plus it's like fully turned on on the Test server now.

Either way, I'm happy with the change. Running character textures in maximum resolution, with 10 high res characters, and all that jazz.... it just looks really nice.

It looks less... "blurry". That was the thing I didn't like about EQ2 versus other games with "lesser graphics". Some stuff seemed blurry, but high res... The sharpness and cleanliness in shaders and textures is a win-win. So I like that it's looking better now. Hoping everyone can see improvements with the shader 3.0.
I hear ya there. Even on max textures, there's the occasional thing that looks somewhat blurry, which can really kill the look when it happens. Will be nice if most of those things were shader-based.

Of course, the change in texture res alone is kind of amazing. I think "medium" textures are kind of the minimum to where the world doesn't look like gumby, although there is still a huge improvement to high. The transition from high to highest isn't as big, although it's still noticeable.
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Aye, I run normal textures on medium or high. The terrain textures really aren't usually all that extravagant, especially if it's just dirt/whatever.

Character textures however have a definite difference when you go from high to maximum. You can really see all the little tiny crevices and details of the armor and the weapons and such. I don't normally play with maximum, especially if I'm raiding. I like to keep it high, but I hate switching back and forth all the time. So, I usually just find a "medium" between the two.

Now I think I'll be able to play in a higher setting all of the time
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I hear ya there. Even on max textures, there's the occasional thing that looks somewhat blurry, which can really kill the look when it happens. Will be nice if most of those things were shader-based.

Of course, the change in texture res alone is kind of amazing. I think "medium" textures are kind of the minimum to where the world doesn't look like gumby, although there is still a huge improvement to high. The transition from high to i highest isn't as big, although it's still noticeable.
I barely notice the difference. But I'll turn on Anisotropic to 16x.
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
A man among men

Well I do see quite an improvement. I have a Nvidia Geforce 260m and I can play the game in pretty much every zone with every single setting maxed, besides shadows. Even GPU shadows decreases my performance a lot.

I had anisotropic 16x and anti aliasing 4x on.
Unread 04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
There's a lot more to read if you click through the link.

No real UI changes coming. Mostly just tooltip changes for PVP/recipes, and not being able to change your UI when the YOU ARE DEAD window is up.

I guess there's no UI "revamp" this time around. 'course Brenlo is no longer around, so I guess we won't get any heads up from him.
I am not sure it is just Thorui Redux or it is global but I have problems with the Active Quest Window. The problem goes away when I /loadui default.
Unread 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

They did add the Storylines thing to the Journal window. Though I had no problems with using my UI's journal stuff when going to test.

When I said "there are no real UI changes comimg" I was actually referring to the mentioned "UI revamp" that was supposed to be in works, or supposedly.
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
I barely notice the difference. But I'll turn on Anisotropic to 16x.
I've asked many times on the official forums if anyone can give me the settings in nvidia control panel for these.

Which settings do I want on the Manage 3d settings page. I have a GT 220 1 Gig video board and only get about 40 fps standing around and around 12 fps in raids sometimes lower. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Currenly Anisotroptic is set as off.