EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 12-02-2022, 10:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can't click chat item links

Howdy Darq;

Not sure this concerns your UI but since i use yours I thought I'd start here. Since the new expac I can't click on an item in the chat window or in the Sales Log window to read item info.
This happens about 70% of the time as some item links can be clicked and bring up it's info. Kinda weird!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Unread 12-04-2022, 08:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nothing has changed with either of those windows in DarqUI, although getting an examine window in either place has always been hit or miss with the default UI as well.

I just checked my sales log, and out of several pages of sales I was able to get an examine window with one item -- Carved Effigy of Trushar. That does seem to be worse than I remember it in the past.
Unread 12-05-2022, 11:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Howdy Darq

Prior to the Renewal of Ro I would get an examine window 100% of the time with item links in both the chat window when people linked items and the sales log. Now, like you, it's a hit or miss. Though my success is a bit better than yours but still not good.

Perhaps something with EQ changed and has nothing to do with any UI.

Thanks for replying and Happy Holidays
Unread 03-02-2023, 01:38 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Default Windows Possibly just popping up off-screen...

I am not sure if you found a solution or workaround, but this sounds like something I have seen before with many people. It's POSSIBLE that when u click the links, the windows are opening off-screen, out of view. I think you can have a max of 10 item preview windows open, try having someone (or you can yourself) create a few lines of chat, maybe say it in SAY when ur in an empty guild hall so it doesn't both others, but create 10 or 15 links in the lines of chat. Then, click each one of them once and see if some of them open. If they do, close them all and click them in different orders, see if others show up. If this IS what's happening, you can go into user interface and look for and make sure that ALLOW WINDOWS OFFSCREEN is NOT check marked. Now, that unfortunately will not automatically move the windows on-screen when u click them, I think when its set like this, that they will still open off screen, but if you were ABLE to see the windows and click on them to move them slightly, they may auto jump back onto the viewable screen. I think the best solution might be to go into the game options under user interface somewhere and look for the option to RESET ALL WINDOW LOCATION DEFAULTS or something. This will likely move all your chat windows and everything else, but if this is what's going on, then it should fix it by making the default location for these windows to be on-screen. Then you would just have to move the other windows back to where you would like them. That should fix it.

One way you can maybe tell if this is what's going on, is when u click a link that does not work, see if the "focus" goes away from the chat window. If it does, press ESC once and see if the focus returns back to the main chat window. Then click 2 or 3 links that don't show up. See if you have to press ESC 2 or 3 times to get focus back to the chat window. I am guessing that this is probably what's happened somehow... and doing that would at least confirm that this is what's going on.

The option is under alt-o, USER INTERFACE, GAME WINDOWS which is the first section, and scroll all the way down towards the bottom of that category. You may have to make sure that you have the ADVANCED button pressed in the top right corner. Once its pressed, you will see the button now says BASIC which indicates you are in ADVANCED mode. ALLOW WINDOWS OFFSCREEN is like the fifth CHECKMARK option from the bottom. Right below LOCK ALL WINDOWS button. Just make sure that box is NOT checked. And then, to reset the windows look for the very last BUTTON you can press, it will say RESET but the description before it will say RESET LOCATION FOR ALL WINDOWS. (u can always save ur current UI settings file and try this, then reload the UI settings if it did not help. You can /SAVE_UISETTINGS NAME to save ur current UI settings to a specific name, and u can reload them with /LOAD_UISETTINGS NAME to reload that file back).

But that's my guess, the windows are just opening off-screen and just not viewable to you. Alternatively you can also make sure that option is not checked (ALLOW WINDOWS OFFSCREEN) and then go into ur main eq2 folder and rename ur characters UI file, which will cause it to re-create one from scratch when u log back in...effectively resetting all windows just like the button press should do. Let me know if this helps at all, but in my experience, I believe that this is what's probably happening. I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
Howdy Darq

Prior to the Renewal of Ro I would get an examine window 100% of the time with item links in both the chat window when people linked items and the sales log. Now, like you, it's a hit or miss. Though my success is a bit better than yours but still not good.

Perhaps something with EQ changed and has nothing to do with any UI.

Thanks for replying and Happy Holidays